Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (saskrider)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-25-2011, 9:10 PM Reply   
My GF and I are looking for a new rope and handle but I don't know where to start. We have always just used whatever was there. It is time to get a decent one that we can always have with us. I am looking for something that will work for both of us, I ride at a longer length then her but we don't know what the exact lengths we ride at. Our local shops carry ronix, accurate, and proline. Any tips or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-25-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
All the ropes are pretty good. Find one that has 5 foot sections from 65 feet on out to 80 or more. This gives you all the flexibility you'll need. I love the Proline LGS handle. My favorite is the diamond pattern which comes in purple this year. Most comfortable handle I've had. It floats too!
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-25-2011, 10:33 PM Reply   
80' rope with 5' extensions, when you add your new 5' handle you'll be at a total of 85'. Accurate or proline are your best bets. As for the handle (the important part to me cuz you'll be passin this thing and dropping it in falls) stay away from carbon/fiberglass handles. They have one pro = they are fun to look at is all. Cons= they hurt when you hit your self passing them and they F your board up when you fall and hit stuff with em