Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bkillgore)      Join Date: May 2010       02-01-2020, 8:08 AM Reply   
Anyone have any Vandall boards out there they are willing to part with? Really interested in a company, mutiny or humanoid. Let me know, thanks!
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-01-2020, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkillgore View Post
Anyone have any Vandall boards out there they are willing to part with? Really interested in a company, mutiny or humanoid. Let me know, thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...roduct_details
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-01-2020, 1:35 PM Reply   
same shape as the 2013 mutiny vandall. has the dimples on the bottom like the LTD
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       02-02-2020, 1:01 AM Reply   
I have one the Humanoid Circus. I thought that was one of his designs? Its only been ridden once. I'm thinking its 140 or 141 range. I don't have it near me to check.
Old     (bkillgore)      Join Date: May 2010       02-02-2020, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystiikVLX View Post
I have one the Humanoid Circus. I thought that was one of his designs? Its only been ridden once. I'm thinking its 140 or 141 range. I don't have it near me to check.
Shoot me a e-mail at bkillgore89@sbcglobal.net I’m interested
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       02-13-2020, 3:25 AM Reply   
I will be at the lake this weekend and will check on that board. Sorry for delay just haven't been around on forums.
Old     (bkillgore)      Join Date: May 2010       02-24-2020, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystiikVLX View Post
I will be at the lake this weekend and will check on that board. Sorry for delay just haven't been around on forums.
Thanks, just let me know when you get a chance to check on it, thanks
Old     (WilhelmHertzog)      Join Date: Jan 2015 Location: Cape Town, South Africa       03-08-2020, 10:55 PM Reply   
Speaking of Vandall, why has he disappeared off social media?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       04-16-2020, 7:23 AM Reply   
I have his very last signature board from Gator that never made it into stores because he jumped ship before the season.
Old     (Steadyshred)      Join Date: May 2014 Location: Orlando, FL       04-28-2020, 3:08 PM Reply   
I have two Vandall boards that are now hung on my wall as art. One has never been ridden and the other has been ridden a few times. I don't think I'll ever let them go! Name:  IMG_1633.jpg
Views: 2676
Size:  66.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1638.jpg
Views: 2542
Size:  64.2 KB
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-26-2020, 4:16 AM Reply   
I have a Humanoid Circus 141 if you are interested.I can send you pics what is your email.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-04-2020, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyshred View Post
I have two Vandall boards that are now hung on my wall as art. One has never been ridden and the other has been ridden a few times. I don't think I'll ever let them go! Attachment 45646

Attachment 45647
Now where did you get those from? 😉
Old     (bkillgore)      Join Date: May 2010       05-29-2021, 12:10 PM Reply   
Bump, still looking for a company or mutiny Vandall board!!
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-19-2021, 5:06 PM Reply   
Keep an eye on Ebay.... Occasionally one will come up for sale, but I haven't seen any in a while...

Does anyone know if Humanoid is still in business? I haven't seen or heard anything about them in a while...
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-21-2021, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboozer View Post
Keep an eye on Ebay.... Occasionally one will come up for sale, but I haven't seen any in a while...

Does anyone know if Humanoid is still in business? I haven't seen or heard anything about them in a while...
They are dead. Closed up a year ago unfortunately. I recently got an O'Shea prototype from a thrift store in Florida, the owner confirmed Humanoid is gone.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-21-2021, 1:09 PM Reply   
Sad, I was rooting for the little guy who was doing it for the love of the sport... But alas, this is a big boy industry where the little guys just get squeezed out
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-23-2021, 3:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sad, I was rooting for the little guy who was doing it for the love of the sport... But alas, this is a big boy industry where the little guys just get squeezed out
Kyle, Joel and everyone had a lot of passion and made a great product. I still love my '11 Oracle. I think they had a good idea bringing everything stateside and offering custom builds, but unfortunately only a handful of people wakeboard anymore. It's just not a big enough market to be a small player in. (Kent Watersports & Ronix dominate what's left)

Which makes me wonder, is there a market for custom wakesurf boards? It seems like that's where the money might be.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-23-2021, 5:50 PM Reply   
Yeah... It saddens me that very few people are wakeboarding anymore... All they do is surf... It's OK for a few minutes, but not enough adrenalin in that for me... Unfortunately my knee isn't holding up and I want to wakeboard so bad.... I could probably surf, but I really just don't want to... That would seem like giving up... I have had 2 quad tendon surgeries on my left knee (in 8 weeks back in 2014) and then I had that knee scoped this spring and they cleaned up the meniscus. At 50 years old, my wife is encouraging retirement from wakeboarding, but I am rehabbing and hope to get it feeling right so that I can ride this summer.
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-11-2021, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Kyle, Joel and everyone had a lot of passion and made a great product. I still love my '11 Oracle. I think they had a good idea bringing everything stateside and offering custom builds, but unfortunately only a handful of people wakeboard anymore. It's just not a big enough market to be a small player in. (Kent Watersports & Ronix dominate what's left)

Which makes me wonder, is there a market for custom wakesurf boards? It seems like that's where the money might be.
I have a few custom builds from Humanoid. 3 actually: 2 boat and 1 cable. One is the Cameo shape with Vandall bottom and custom graphic, the other is the Oracle (new shape) with a unique graphic by Mat Miller, and finally a Huxtable shape for the cable. I really liked Humanoid and the energy they put into the wake industry. Sad to see. I really didn't like the Vandall board. Too narrow and too fast for my liking. Extremely locked in once on edge. Nonetheless, I'm sad to say now that I got rid of it. I feel like my best riding however has been on the 2014 Humanoid Oracle. I wish I still had that one too!
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-23-2021, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessticles View Post
I have a few custom builds from Humanoid. 3 actually: 2 boat and 1 cable. One is the Cameo shape with Vandall bottom and custom graphic, the other is the Oracle (new shape) with a unique graphic by Mat Miller, and finally a Huxtable shape for the cable. I really liked Humanoid and the energy they put into the wake industry. Sad to see. I really didn't like the Vandall board. Too narrow and too fast for my liking. Extremely locked in once on edge. Nonetheless, I'm sad to say now that I got rid of it. I feel like my best riding however has been on the 2014 Humanoid Oracle. I wish I still had that one too!
Hey JC, what's up? Which shape board did I buy from you? I think it was the Oracle outline with the bottom features from another board? Anyway, still loving this board!
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2021, 5:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by miljack View Post
Hey JC, what's up? Which shape board did I buy from you? I think it was the Oracle outline with the bottom features from another board? Anyway, still loving this board!
What’s up! It was the new, updated Oracle shape. I can’t remember which type of bottom design it had. Maybe the outside channel or multi-concave? I haven’t ridden in about 2 yr. so disappointing. But can’t wait to get back on the water…stay safe out there!
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-26-2021, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessticles View Post
What’s up! It was the new, updated Oracle shape. I can’t remember which type of bottom design it had. Maybe the outside channel or multi-concave? I haven’t ridden in about 2 yr. so disappointing. But can’t wait to get back on the water…stay safe out there!
I hope it wasn't an injury! So when did the Oracle shape get updated? The one I have is a "multi-concave" bottom. When their site was still up, I think they called it a "multi-channel?"

I think I'm not a fan of those "Blunt" fins, have you tried more traditional fins on your Humanoids?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-11-2021, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah... It saddens me that very few people are wakeboarding anymore... All they do is surf... It's OK for a few minutes, but not enough adrenalin in that for me... Unfortunately my knee isn't holding up and I want to wakeboard so bad.... I could probably surf, but I really just don't want to... That would seem like giving up... I have had 2 quad tendon surgeries on my left knee (in 8 weeks back in 2014) and then I had that knee scoped this spring and they cleaned up the meniscus. At 50 years old, my wife is encouraging retirement from wakeboarding, but I am rehabbing and hope to get it feeling right so that I can ride this summer.
100%
I get the feeling everyone here feels the same. At 53 I am riding more cautious and losing tricks but probably wouldn't be if I had more people to ride with here on my home lake, and had anybody else who had any stoke to push a little to learn something new.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-12-2021, 5:31 AM Reply   
Same - at 49 I am only one left that wakeboards. My daughter and my friends sons have stopped and they are only in their 20's.
All they want o do is surf. I am like an old skier that gets their run in then everyone else does their thing. Sorry for threadjack
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-14-2021, 2:11 PM Reply   
I am with you guys... I am 50 and I have had 4 knee surgeries ACL on the right knee... And a torn Quad tendon that I re-tore 8 weeks post op and then I had that knee scoped this spring... I still want wakeboard... But I take it easy now... Most everyone here just surfs.... Boring though
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-21-2021, 4:33 PM Reply   
I have tried all the fins Humanoid sold: point nines, point sevens, blunts, and bomber fins. point nines were definitely too locked in. If I had to choose, I'd pick point sevens or the bombers. The point sevens are on right now. Still enough to lock in but easy to break loose if need be. Man, I wish they were still in business. Good people, great brand, awesome t-shirts. As for boots, the Howls were my favorites. The Odyssey boots were too stiff for me (maybe I just laced them up too tight). Sad to see them cut short from their full potential.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-06-2023, 7:54 PM Reply   
Got a couple still…
Attached Images

Last edited by solo; 07-06-2023 at 7:58 PM.
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-28-2023, 4:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo View Post
Got a couple still…
Nice! You have the full collection!!!