Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-17-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
Whats up guys,

I know a lot of people have old style SAN 210s or have had them so im looking for help on an motor problem...
My driver started the boat yesterday to pull me for my second set and the boat had a very irregular idle (up and down uo and down, almost like a hot rod with a gnarly cam on it) to the point where it shut off and then he re-started it and pulled me , runs fine past idle

Was told maybe the Throttle Positioning Sensor needs replaced, fuel is only 2 weeks old at most and sparkplugs changed regularly. Figure someone has ran into this before...
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-17-2012, 8:26 AM Reply   
cap and rotor check for corrosion
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-17-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
Check also the alternator. My Sanger V210 did this until I found out I needed a new alternator. When I replace it, this completely stopped. (Something about the alternator not kicking in until 800-1,000 RPM. When it does, the engine revs.)
Old     (Erkoehler)      Join Date: Apr 2011       02-17-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Possible IAC failure???
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-17-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Checked the cap and rotor (thanks for the heads up tho), havent tested the alternator yet... What's an IAC failure?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-17-2012, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmotoxxx711 View Post
Checked the cap and rotor (thanks for the heads up tho), havent tested the alternator yet... What's an IAC failure?
Idle Air Control.
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-17-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
i would look for a vacume leak. i would think if it was a cap or rotor it would have a miss at any rpms. i would also pull the air filter off and clean the inside of the throttle plate. just use a little carb spray and open the throttle wide open so the flap is out of the way and clean the carbon that usually builds up there. of course do this with the boat not running. that will cause the iac tps to not register right
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-17-2012, 3:13 PM Reply   
Another thing I've heard great reviews about is "sea-foam" Probably wont help but wouldnt hurt running a bottle through with a fresh tank of fuel. I've heard great claims from ppl but never experienced any first hand.