Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-30-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
I am looking for a new bag for my new laptop.I was looking at the hyperlite backpack but not too sure. The laptop size is 15.6" x 11.2" Any suggestions? Thanks
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-30-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
Targus make good ones, they fit up to a 17" as well. About ten bucks more than the Hyperlite bag.

Check this one out.

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=TSB082US&utm_source=targus &utm_medium=direct&&utm_content=homepage&utm_campa ign=featured

Belkin also make some good stuff, very nice quality wise and decent padding. Remember to check the dimensions if you're ordering online or you may find your computer doesn't fit in your new bag.

http://www.targus.com/us/cases_laptop_bags.asp

(Message edited by jtnz on March 30, 2009)
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-30-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
I prefer the Swiss Army ones. They vary in price from $60-$100 + and they have tons of features.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-30-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
I have a Swiss Army backpack. It is awesome. I bring it (with my laptop in it) everywhere.
Old     (cglass08)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-30-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
My dad just got one of the nice Swiss Army ones at Sam's Club for pretty cheap.
Old    dperizzolo            03-30-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
Ogio makes some sick backpacks with lap top sleeves in them.
Old    thebiggmann            03-30-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
I have a dakine one, it's frickin' awesome, has a ton of space and good padding, lots of useful compartments. If you're interested i'll find you the model name
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-30-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
Get an Analog backpack.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Our school gives us a bag every year... I know I have some of them laying around (still on my first one - tough as nails) ... if I can find the some of the unused ones its all yours.

Its a targus, looks bigger than the one on the link... grey and black are the only colors, looks nice, TONS of room in it, tough tough bag

PM me if you want one
Old     (ronix_one)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2009, 3:12 PM Reply   
Can't beat nicks free one, but I have a Swiss Army, as mentioned above. So far so good. A few seams have started to go, so I too will be in the market soon. I also have both Oakley and Ogio backpacks with a lap top sleeve, and sometimes will just throw my computer in there. I have a 15" Mac Book Pro, and it's a bit of a squeeze, but not too bad. When it's time for me to replace, I'll look at Oakley first, as I've always been impressed with their stuff.
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       03-31-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
pretty good option if you're interested in keeping it dry:

http://www.seallinegear.com/urban.asp?Action=UrbanShoulderBag&Category=Urban

you can also use the computer sleeve in any other bag and it'll stay dry.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-31-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
dakine makes the most legit bags out...IMO...i've had all kinds of packs and my dakine is my favorite and the most durable one i've had.
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-31-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
I've had an ogio back pack for a couple years now. I believe it was a nyquist model. I highly recommend it.
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-31-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
Ogio

i have the epic bag right now... fits my 17 inch prefect... use it for the work laptop... held up great so far.. and the LIFE TIME WARRANTY is great
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-01-2009, 3:54 AM Reply   
Timbuk2. http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/laptop/
Go to Ebay for deals.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-01-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
I have a bunch of Dakine backpacks I am selling & most have laptop sleeves..... Some are listed on ebay now & I will post more later... I have links in the classified ad section here, or search my e-bay name... mobboss53
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-01-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
+1 for Ogio too. i gotta couple of huge luggage bags 2nd hand from a friend who's sponsored by them. they've been tossed around airports all over the world and things still look brand new. tough as hell.

i've been tryna get him to get me one of these too....

http://www.ogio.com/product.php?product=604

(Message edited by romes on April 01, 2009)
Old     (bpenosa1)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-01-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
another vote for ogio. i have the metro laptop bag and love it. they also have a lifetime warranty on all their bags. i have the 9900 for my dirt bike gear bag and an ogio golf bag. love their stuff
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-01-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
What is Ogio? I noticed on the Fuel TV show, Thrillbillies they had a boat wrap that repped OGIO. Strange it came up. I was just about to make a thread. Who were the dudes out there on the show?
Old    thebiggmann            04-01-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
Check out that dakine terminal of forrest's. Thats the one I have but i have it in black. I love it! Tons of room, laptop sleeve inside and one with a side entry too, so you have options on where you put it, very comfortable, sunglass pouch, you name it.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-02-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Yeah that Terminal is nice.

I also have avaliable:
Covert
Recon
Jordy Smith
Explorer
Duel
Park

if anyone is interested....
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-02-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
Another thumbs up for ogio. I have an ogio golf bag and my buddy's boat bag is ogio. Both are tough as nails.
Old     (justinlkgb)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-02-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
Go with the swiss army one. That thing is freakin awesome, you will not be dissapointed.