Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-06-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
Does anyone use their tower speakers to improve the interior sound? I like to be able to hear the music but I don't like to be run over by the volume or my wife and small son yelling its too loud.

I'm not so worried about the guy at the end of the rope and I personally like the exhaust note and sound of water. It seems that while underway speakers on the tower could be used to provide a more full interior sound without having it blasting.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-06-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
I put a volume knob under my dash on my tower speakers for this reason. I can have best of both worlds.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-06-2011, 1:49 PM Reply   
So your tower speakers add to the interior sound. I was riding on a friends 230 the other day and it seemed the sound from the tower was shooting out the back versus adding to the interior sound quality. Next time I'll turn them off for a moment but I believe those speakers are designed to "throw" sound away from the boat and its not designed to improve the interior sound quality.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-06-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
Cheapest solution to get that done is a Pac LC1 control knob. Hook it in line with the rca's going to your tower speaker amp and you are golden it will allow u to adjust volume on the tower speakers independently from inboats....need one more set of rca's as u will need 2 sets to run the LC1

Last edited by hookedonboardin; 10-06-2011 at 1:55 PM.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-06-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
Agreed, the cheapest solution would be the PAC LC1.

If you have some extra funds to spend, you could always take a look at the AudioControl Three.2. It is a line driver with one fadeability and EQ. I set mine up so that I can fade the towers in and out when wanted.

The AC unit will totally "juice your system up" and give you some more control features. It is a very simple unit to use.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-06-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
I am not sure you guys are understanding the OP's question. He doesn't want to just turn the tower speakers down, he wants to know if there are tower speakers that can make the interior sound better. I think that is what he is asking anyways. Now maybe that can be done by turning the towers wway down with a PACLC1 or WS420 or whatever way you want to turn down the gain on the towers. I think the best option is to make your interior speakers and sub sound as good as possible and then use the towers only for when you want a rider to hear.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-07-2011, 7:34 AM Reply   
Your right Brett and the consensus from a previous thread was that may interior setup was pretty good. I was told to pay attention to tuning. I just thought I could get more robust or even sound at speed with speakers on the tower. Maybe they even need to be directed toward the interior of the boat. I have a bigger boat with a tuna tower with mounted speakers aimed a the cockpit. It's a bit different setup compared to a ski boat but effective for distributing sound. I just thought I could do better by utilizing my tower. Also, I'm not interested in the cheapest solution but I don't want to rub money on it either.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-07-2011, 8:49 AM Reply   
This is what I did with my speakers to get some better sound in the boat.. I have the kicker Horn System in Alpha 1 cans (2 mid-range, two horns). I took a pair of coaxils and put them in the other side of the cans that have the mid-range drivers in them facing forward.. Great sound all around..
Attached Images