Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-27-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
Are these interconnected were you can get from one lake to another by boat?
Old    sdahockey21            03-29-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
No these lakes are separated by dams. Hartwell is really really down. Jocasse is also down. Keowee is for the most part full compared to the other two. They have to keep keowee at a certain level to cool the Nuke. I have a place on keowee. Where do you normally ride?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
I have never been there. The inlaws are considering a place and it looks interesting enough to take a vacation with the boat and look myself. Are most residents permanent or seasonal.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-30-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
Keowee is an awesome place, we took a vacation up there from florida last summer with my buddy's tige and we had a great time riding and exploring around
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-30-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
There are not really any lakeside residences at Jocasse. My folks have a place on Hartwell and would guess that it is a pretty even mix of permanent residences and weekend / seasonal residences with most permanent residents being retired. I suspect Keowee would be similar. Like Sam said, Hartwell is really down this year and if you are planning a vacation, the safer bet would be Keowee.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-31-2009, 5:52 AM Reply   
I love Hartwell, you can always find smooth water there and a lot less PWC's than my home lake, Lake Murray. I went to Clemson, and I try to make at least 1 trip to Hartwell a year. I know that the recent rains, Hartwell is coming up, it is only like 10' below full now where I think that it had been as much as 22' below last year... I am not positive on those numbers though since I am in Columbia.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-31-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
It seem like a nice area to live if there is good employment.
Old     (sc_lsv)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-31-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
I haven't been to Jocassee, but I ride Keowee quite a bit in summer(split time between it and murray). Keowee is BA, clean water, million dollar houses, in the foothills, always good depth bc Duke Energy will only let the lake level flex about 10' due to the Nuke Plant. You can normally find good water in keowee to ride, if not you can surf in just about anything. Personal opinion when hartwell was at normal level it was a fun lake to ride, plenty of places to ride, but since the water level is down so much I would avoid it at all costs. I put in last summer at one of the bigger marinas on the lake(off exit 19B), only 1 lane open at the marnina due to water level and my prop touched bottom while turning around. Partial bc some ppl's wives don't know how to back down the dock. Either way water level is awful. Unless you want to run the risk of running a ground and/or tracking red clay all in the boat I would avoid hartwell.

SC_LSV
06 Moomba Mobius LSV
Old     (liquidforce12)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-01-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
im on lake murray with a super air nautique come check it out some good riding starting to come out of here