Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-24-2017, 9:37 AM Reply   
Love my Nauticurl suckgate....great wave with lots of push, allows recovery 20ft back.
2014 SV244....Ramfill full = 2500lbs....PNP in rear lockers full = 1400...bow bag full = 500lbs. Total ballast in these pics = 4,400lbs. Sometimes I also add 500lbs of lead to the front which makes wave even longer, but was windy and choppy yesterday so I left out the lead.
11mph at 3400rpm. ZR409 engine and best part is I average between 4-5 gallons per hour of fuel. Doesnt get much better IMO.
Attached Images

Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-24-2017, 10:01 AM Reply   
Nice long surfable wave.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-25-2017, 5:46 AM Reply   
Wow that wave is pretty. For some reason my wave is ugly this year and it can't get it back. Works amazingly well but no lip, just mush.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-25-2017, 2:14 PM Reply   
Racer...are you using suck gate, or listing your boat? I can get a nice tall wave listing but it does not have as much push, nor can I get it nearly as long, even when I slam the bow with ballast....its not as pretty either, lol.....(doesn't give me that nice looking "ocean wave" curl).
I have had I/O boats most of my life and grew up skiing, wake boarding, etc. But this is my first inboard and the first time I ever wake surfed was last year. Got hooked immediately and decided I was buying a surf boat asap..... not regretting my decision for a second and expect to have a surf boat in my garage till I die.

Side note....Really like my Doomswell Neo, but I would LOVE to find a used Byerly Hazard that is 4' 8" long. If anyone is selling theirs....please let me know! My buddy brought one on boat a few weeks ago, it felt right between my Neo and my skim boat....so agile and fun for my weight/size, felt perfect for me.

I know half the fun of this site is looking at pics, so here are a couple more.
Attached Images

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-26-2017, 7:36 AM Reply   
Great Pics. Thank for sharing them. That wave looks like a blast, great to hear that the NautiCurl Made all the difference for your set-up.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-26-2017, 8:28 PM Reply   
Sure did, love that Nauticurl. I have a boat that puts out a great listed wave too, but the ease of using the gate, the extra push cause of good design and the fact that I can slam 100% of the ballast AND the fact that I don't spend a bunch of time "dialing" in the listed wave depending on lake conditions is great....not to mention that switching sides takes less than 60 seconds. Never comes off either...just gotta be sure to get all the air/water out of suction cups first by pressing hard and "pumping" the handles a little bit. Put close to 10hrs on it tho over last 5-6 trips (kids are always wanting to do other stuff so I get limited time surfing, lol) but its not come off once. I do tie it too a fender, just in case (last pic shows the black fender laying against back seat which is what I tie the lanyard too)...but I will have one of your floats soon since you are coming out with "floating" model, so that will make that even easier.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       06-27-2017, 5:44 AM Reply   
We use the nauticurl and it has really helped our wave. I had trouble last year staying in the wave with a couple of our boards and this year I can recover from far back.

Well worth the $200 spent on it.