Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-27-2017, 2:12 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,
I'm still testing my new 2017 Super Air Nautique 210 and i have a hard time reaching a good surf style wave.
I have the NSS system.
I replaced original 300lbs fatsac for 750's as few owners highly suggested me.
Make total 1000lbs in each rear lockers with the hard tanks and 350 in the belly.

It's been couple days now trying to dial it correctly when we're just my wife and me.
When we are a crew never had problem.

So how do you set up your wave when you only have the driver?
I'm surfing regular.

- for skim the wave is always perfect. 10,0 mph, NSS at 0 and a touch of hydrogate depending on the wind.

- surfstyle I've tried so many options and never came with a clean lip.
Tried Every speed couple of minutes between 10,6 to 11,1
Filled all ballast full + 50lbs additional weight in the bow (1000lbs each rear side and 400 belly)
Tried to fill all ballast on the original weight wich is 700 in each rear locker and 350 belly.
Also tried to full the port side and fill 50-60% starboard.

The best wave I get is always with the oem weight, NSS at 0 and hydrogate full vert.
The wave is ok but kind of small and the lip is never clean, putting hydrogate a little bit just make it worst.
Same when I put the NSS at 1 instead of 0.

When I fill 100% all my ballast I think I don't have enough weight in the bow make the wave just too messy. that's why I don't full my 750's + 350 hard tank.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong or I missed something!
And I'm pretty sure I can do something about it. Have a solution to full fill my ballast and capable to have a clean wave.

Thanks a lot!
Old     (Xbigpun66)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-27-2017, 4:07 PM Reply   
more speed. Nss 2. You probably have too much weight in bow also. We go 10.6 to 10.8. Nice lip. Good push.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-31-2017, 8:34 AM Reply   
I may get crucified for this, but have you considered slapping a nauticurl on the side? I know thats counterintuitive to your awesome new boat that shouldn't need anything, but, for $200 it will absolutely give you a clean wave. I bought one, skeptical as hell, and we ve used it on our supra, which had a really washed out starboard wave, and its super clean now, and it improved the port side as well. We've used on three different boats (sanger, Malibu, Supra) with the same results. And i bought my supra wanting that push button perfect wave (I don't have the swell system), didn't get the perfect clean wave, and $200 later I have it. Just an idea....and you can take it on friend's boats that may be older and get that clean wave without listing it over
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       09-01-2017, 1:16 PM Reply   
If you never have an issue when you have a "full crew", then the solution is simple. MORE WEIGHT! Lead is a good option if you have sacs all full.
My boat likes a lot of bow weight, think most boats do except MC that I know of as long as you have plenty of transom weight already. Plenty of boats will make a nice tall wave without bow weight but you will have a really short pocket. That said, I have not seen many boats that will put out a stellar wave till you have at least 3500lbs+ of ballast.
All the newer boats that surf great "out of box" have between 4k-5k of ballast. We all know that 210/230 will put out an awesome wave....so if you have tried all the settings, to me it must simply need more ballast.
This is what 4500lbs of ballast looks like with Nauticurl suck gate on 2014 Centurion SV244 (didnt take my lead that day....this is only driver and surfer this past Weds)
Attached Images

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-01-2017, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
I may get crucified for this, but have you considered slapping a nauticurl on the side? I know thats counterintuitive to your awesome new boat that shouldn't need anything, but, for $200 it will absolutely give you a clean wave. I bought one, skeptical as hell, and we ve used it on our supra, which had a really washed out starboard wave, and its super clean now, and it improved the port side as well. We've used on three different boats (sanger, Malibu, Supra) with the same results. And i bought my supra wanting that push button perfect wave (I don't have the swell system), didn't get the perfect clean wave, and $200 later I have it. Just an idea....and you can take it on friend's boats that may be older and get that clean wave without listing it over
Scott, we have an amazingly large group of customers with newer 2014-17 boats with Surf Systems Like, Gen1, Gen2, Taps3, NSS that are running our NautiCurl Wake Shaper on their boats. Heck, I even got off the phone with a guy today that as a '17 G25 that is running our shaper and loving it. Most people are using a hybrid of the boats system in conjunction with our shaper, some have abandoned the stock system and only use our shaper. Our slogan is, "Engineered to Make your Wake a Wave." It's not just a catchy phrase it's the truth, both my business partners are engineers by trade, ever curve and angle on our shaper is there for a purpose, not just to make the Wake Shaper Look good but to move water in the right direction to blow up the wave.

*please don't take this as shameless plug, I'm a long time WW member and just want to share what I've learned in the last year of doing this. I even changed my user name on here just to make sure everyone knows that I'm involved in this company and not trying to hide anything. Sure promoting our product is great, but there are a lot of wake shaper companies now making great products. If you know someone with a Wake Shaper of any brand I would borrow it and give it a shot one your boat, what's the worst that could happen besides you trying it out for 10 minutes and not liking the results.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-03-2017, 6:01 AM Reply   
Problem solved a week ago ! But thanks to all.
One thing somebody told me and I will never forget. Nautique ALWAYS got to have the nose down.
And that's the key, no matter how you put weight on the rear you never gonna dial something good without adding bow weight.
The best tip is the seat bumper, you should never use it. and I realize it.
Nautique is nothing like Moomba rolling really incline. Something I wasn't know.

210/230 push a really good wave when you learn how to correctly set it