Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (DerekBurns)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-05-2015, 10:33 AM Reply   
Ok so I made this floats well has two fins for tracking and is weighted so it should go straight in water and not bounce around. I'm sure I'll have to mess with it a little to get it just right but has anyone tried this. It will be on a rope attached to the back hoop at about 60 foot

(Not the mount I'll be using I still have to paint the top. The mount will be an aluminum ball joint mount that will be welded. And the camer will have a feather cable on it this is just to show what it will look like )
Attached Images

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2015, 11:50 AM Reply   
Ummmm this seems like a very quick way to lose your GoPro to the bottom of the lake
Old     (DerekBurns)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-05-2015, 12:27 PM Reply   
No I have a floaty back. And will have a teather cord attached. The mounting. Will all be aluminum. It just haven't arrived yet It will be solid. I just sat that on there to show its purpose not the actual mount
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-05-2015, 4:31 PM Reply   
I love seeing people come up with new ideas and you have obviously put a lot of time into this one. Buuuuutttt, it is going to be a bouncing mess. The amount of turbulence in the water between the wakes is too much for something that size to overcome.
Old     (DerekBurns)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-05-2015, 5:18 PM Reply   
Well thanks man has it been tried ?
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2015, 6:20 PM Reply   
I agree that it prob won't be stable but def try as is and modify from there..I'm thinking something like Hawaiian canoes have to help stabilize it.
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-06-2015, 10:00 AM Reply   
I can't wait to see how this turns out. Great idea, I hope it works for you.
Old     (pimpind)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-06-2015, 11:10 AM Reply   
get it on a hydrofoil =)
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       04-06-2015, 11:21 AM Reply   
maybe add some ramfill ballast, and a tower with some big HLCD speakers to it...
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-06-2015, 11:22 AM Reply   
+1 Hydrofoil

Last edited by spencercoon; 04-06-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old     (DerekBurns)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-06-2015, 12:23 PM Reply   
Hydrofoil is a great idea thanks guys I may do something like that. I'll hopefully find out soon. Weather is starting to get a lot better here in Kentucky
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-07-2015, 7:10 AM Reply   
Hydrofoil is a great idea - find a way to weight the foil underwater and hopefully it would hold when going over someone elses waves. I like the idea from the hawaiian canoes too - you might need a way to stabilize it from rolling.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-07-2015, 9:43 AM Reply   
would love to see how that works out. Pretty decent idea actually, but I do think that everyone is right it will be shaky/bouncy.
Old     (DerekBurns)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-07-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
Yeah I'll do a few trial and error runs on it and see what I'm gonna need to do. It is weighted and has fins it just needs to track straight and not shake for few seconds at a time. Ow will be used for multi camer angle shooting so I should be able to get some good footage as it is. But would be nice to be able to keep it at 60 foot and be able to use it instead of the boat camera. Since it is so far out I work at a fab shop and we are slow. So I will make it work just have to r and d it a little
Old     (zenxteninc)      Join Date: Oct 2013       04-26-2016, 2:19 PM Reply   
cant wait to see some footage from the setup..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0J8iJwLkEw
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-27-2016, 9:30 AM Reply   
any test vids??
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-27-2016, 1:32 PM Reply   
This is a great idea! There will undoubtedly be some trial and error involved, but I love the concept. If it does bounce as some have predicted, I wonder if you could get it to ride in the curl of the wake to smooth things out a bit. Of course, I have absolutely no idea what that would do to the rideability of that side of the wake. Good luck!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-27-2016, 1:37 PM Reply   
water should be flat, but there will be prop wash for sure. maybe a longer sled would stabilize it. Need to see some beta footage tho!