Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-21-2013, 6:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beleza View Post
Seriously $43k for new a loaded LTZ duramax… how did you manage that? I can't find a slightly used one for under $50k...
I have one that's 5 months old with 7k miles that I'll sell for $46k! Just give me a about 2 months so that I can be sure to get my hands on a new body style.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-22-2013, 2:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshesaid View Post
So how much does a fully loaded Dodge cost?

I purchaesd may 2013 K2500 Z71 LTZ fully loaded (minus sunroof) about 4 months ago.
Sticker $62K
sale price $43K
That's not even possible.... That's with a trade, and some "funny" numbers on a trade....

I'm looking at the same truck (but a 2014) right now. About $62k sticker, will run about $55,800 (includes $3k in rebates). That's through my uncle's Chevy/Cadillac dealership, my cousin is the sales manager, and no trade.... Purely invoice minus holdback minus rebates.... What they actually get the truck for.

If a dealer showed you $43k on paper, they were playing some games on trade value. That, or there were some HUGE rebates on 13's when you bought.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-22-2013, 3:26 PM Reply   
I love my Ram. And I had a Ford 7.3 Liter before it and there is no comparison

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-22-2013, 8:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
I've owned a mix of gas burners and diesel trucks. I"ll never go back to a gas burner, even if I never have the need to tow anything....

John, you always seem to have the cleanest and best looking rigs. Didn't you have a white 2004ish Denali slightly lowered with 24's? That was probably my favorite escalade, tahoe, yukon of that era Ihave ever seen. Soooo clean.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       12-06-2013, 8:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailem View Post
Wow guys those are crazy good prices not doubting them just wondering how you negotiated those prices?
I actually had no intention of buying a new truck the day that I bought my Dodge. But with the deal I got, I couldn't afford to pass it up. The main discount was my company discount. I work oilfield for a small little company called Halliburton, and they have deals setup with pretty much every brand out there. Our discount is 1% under dealer invoice, and then Dodge was also willing to give me the rebates as well. Chevy on the other hand said I could get the company discount OR the standard rebates, neither of which was as good of a deal. The Chevy 2500 I looked at stickered at ~$61k-ish, so I would've been looking at around $57k + TTL with rebates, or $56k + TTL with the discount...basically a wash. I went back over to the Dodge dealer to look at the 3500 again and they said getting both on the deal wouldn't be a problem, so we started talking numbers. Like I said, sticker was just a hair over $59k, and they came back and said the employee discount was right at $13k off, and then gave me another $6k in rebates and discounts (truck month, owner loyalty, and another one that I forget). I think I came in somewhere around the mid to upper $39k range, and with TTL (no trade-in) I walked out of there at just under $47,000 as one HAPPY customer with one of the most loaded out trucks they had on their lot. I was looking at one of their loaded and lifted 1500s at first, but realized that it was going to be about the same price as the 3500 since there wasn't as much markup on it to discount. I think the numbers on it came out to like $42k out the door vs. the 3500, so it wasn't even a question that the 3500 was the deal for me.
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-24-2013, 7:03 AM Reply   
True the 6.0 needs some things to make it bulletproof, but once I did it this one, it has needed nothing but oil changes since. Studded, deleted, and put SRL++ tune in it.
Attached Images

Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-24-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
duramax or cummins. i have a 06 5.9. love it. EFI live and straight piped and i average 21. and i have 22s on 35s.
Attached Images

Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-24-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
im not sure why they loaded sideways
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-24-2013, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp513 View Post
im not sure why they loaded sideways
what hp tune are you getting that mileage in? did you go w the csp 5 too? did you build your trans or stock? my 08 lmm i did the dsp 5 switch dpf delete straight pipe and i can get around 25mpg highway if im in my biggest tune(125hp) and just cruising. 17-18 around town, but I'm skeptical driving it in that setting daily. I don't really want to shorten the life of the motor or mess something up for the sake of 8mpg.. Its my first diesel so i'm still learning about these things and not wanting to break stuff.

Last edited by bass10after; 12-24-2013 at 1:46 PM.
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-24-2013, 2:59 PM Reply   
I had les at silver bullet tuning do mine. He actually has a tune that is a 12v tune. Don't know exactly how it works but mileage is awesome. Generally hotter the tune the better the mileage. I have the csp5 switch on mine. I don't have any fast tunes cus dodge trannys suck and I need to get mine built. I had a dsp5 on my 05 duramax and my mileage sucked but that was partly because of who I had tune it. If your getting 25 that's pretty damn good. Is that hand calculated or your little mileage thing in the truck. 125 horse tune won't wreck your truck. Maybe your tranny if you drive it like a race car. But that's not that crazy. If your really worried just run the hot tune on the freeway and mellow tune in town. Who'd you have tune yours. Whatever you do don't get a smoke lope tune. That will wreck your motor.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-26-2013, 5:53 AM Reply   
Detox

If you drive like you have some since your trans can hold that 125 tune no problem. If your doing burn outs and a lot of boosted lunches it could hurt your trans. Your engine stock can hold alittle over 200 hp over stock no problem and the reason I say 200 is because to get more HP you need more fuel and air, witch means lift pump, bigger turbo, and injectors. Runing a 125 HP tune I would recommend going ahead and getting a lift pump so your CP3 won't have to work so hard to pull diesel out of the tank.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-26-2013, 8:00 AM Reply   
I got (3) Ram 2500's with a few steps up from base fort $36K each a few months ago. They are running 21 mph stock and about 16-8 with the bigger tires.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-26-2013, 2:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Detox

If you drive like you have some since your trans can hold that 125 tune no problem. If your doing burn outs and a lot of boosted lunches it could hurt your trans. Your engine stock can hold alittle over 200 hp over stock no problem and the reason I say 200 is because to get more HP you need more fuel and air, witch means lift pump, bigger turbo, and injectors. Runing a 125 HP tune I would recommend going ahead and getting a lift pump so your CP3 won't have to work so hard to pull diesel out of the tank.
ive heard they can hold 100-125 no problem but i've also read guys who have had problems with less. I did a fass titanium 150 lift pump and will be doing the transgo jr soon too. so hopefully that will help with piece of mind. I'm sure after i have it a few more months i'll feel better. Right now i'm just being cautious. I did the same thing with the boat for the first two seasons until i gave it my complete trust. Its fun to drive thats for sure.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-26-2013, 5:22 PM Reply   
That's good you already got a lift pump. I am by no means an expert but I read the diesel forums like I read wakeworld. I too just bought an 07.5 lmm about a month ago and I know what you mean about driving around worrying about it just not knowing what the person that had it before did to it. Mine has a lift pump, built trans, plus a few another things but the person that had it before is running with a quadzilla stealth ll with the 110 tune. I'm getting mine retune in a week or two with Efi-live and I can't wait because the quadzilla sucks. I have friends with similar trucks and their's run so much smoother with EFi-live
Old     (cassidyb)      Join Date: Feb 2012       01-08-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
while doing some research of my own to answer the same question as the OP i came across this gas vs diesel study:
http://www.dieselforum.org/files/dmf...ort_dd2017.pdf

some interesting information, thought it was relevant to this thread.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       01-09-2014, 7:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyb View Post
while doing some research of my own to answer the same question as the OP i came across this gas vs diesel study:
http://www.dieselforum.org/files/dmf...ort_dd2017.pdf

some interesting information, thought it was relevant to this thread.
Great find, and I while I find it a bit disappointing that the Dodge didn't perform better in that test considering mine gets much better numbers than they used, I did find it funny that the Ford F-250 performed so poorly and had the worst TCO of any vehicle in the test. Especially considering how much crap I hear about how great Fords supposedly are....
Old     (cassidyb)      Join Date: Feb 2012       01-09-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
ya, i felt that their diesel mpg numbers were very conservative, which isnt a bad thing because its just means that there's more theoretical savings to be had with higher mpg's. another thing that the study didnt consider was towing mpg, as i understand it diesels dont take as massive a hit to mpg vs city/hwy as their gas alternatives?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2014, 8:52 AM Reply   
Sorry, but I would never trust a Ford diesel. They do however, have a very loyal following and outsell Dodge and GM. They've changed their diesel motors like four times in the last ten years which shows they can't get it right. I have a friend who has owned two over the last ten years (04&06) and both were bought back by Ford due to the lemon law. After going with a new GM gasser for a few years, he just bought a third Ford diesel. Some people never learn...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2014, 8:56 AM Reply   
Meanwhile, I had a 2003 Ram and put 207k trouble free miles on it. I changed the brakes twice and a water pump at 120k. That's it.
Old     (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       01-09-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
I have an 08 F-250 with 180K on it and all I have replaced is the power steering gear box. I think it would of went easily 200K if I didn't lift it with mud tires. 04-07 had the 6.0 liter and it was total junk. 6.4 isn't a lot better but if tuned right you can get the power and miles out of it.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       01-10-2014, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyb View Post
ya, i felt that their diesel mpg numbers were very conservative, which isnt a bad thing because its just means that there's more theoretical savings to be had with higher mpg's. another thing that the study didnt consider was towing mpg, as i understand it diesels dont take as massive a hit to mpg vs city/hwy as their gas alternatives?
I think "conservative" is a severe understatement or else they are really s****y drivers. I consistently get 16-17 on the highway in my Dodge (which is considerably heavier than the 2500 they tested), and just bought a 2009 VW Jetta TDI for work and consistently get close to 45 on the highway