Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-16-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
hmmm...let's see....

i have a few doubleup boards, a blindside, a cwb and even a core board!

i have liquid force bindings, doubleup bindings (2 pairs), hyperlite bindings, and a pair of cwb bindings.

i swing from no nuts.

if you're not bashing, what's with the "california is on c's nuts?" lame. are you not secure w/ the gear you bought?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-16-2005, 11:52 AM Reply   
"Seems like you guys are quick to knock anyone else that likes a different ride."

you might have the wrong impression. We're not knocking other riders at all. Although, we might try to talk them into taking a ride on a CWB.

A couple of reasons:

#1 CWB has been putting out some really cool stuff the last couple of years.

#2 The Cali representation in both Socal and Norcal is excellent.

I feel like I'm supporting a company that has been good to me (eventhough I am not a sponsored rider). The fact that they release cutting edge products every year make it easy to recommend CWB products when someone is looking for a new board or new boots.

It seems like everytime we talk someone into riding one, they fall in love and make the switch.

(Message edited by jarrod on December 16, 2005)

(Message edited by jarrod on December 16, 2005)
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
"if you're not bashing, what's with the "california is on c's nuts?" lame. are you not secure w/ the gear you bought?"

Haha nothing like that. Just seems to be a Cali thing, just curious is all. Not trying to ruffle feathers.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-16-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
what happened to the original post?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-16-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
Its not just the riders in Cali, its all over. I know CWB is blowin up here in texas as well, with alot of riders makin the switch. ITs more about the product, then anything else. The 06 lineup speaks for itself.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2005, 11:57 AM Reply   
"what happened to the original post?"

I tried to edit and re-word it since Joe got his feelings hurt and I'm not exactly sure where it went.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-16-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
hahaahah

Now Joe kind of looks like the A-hole since his post is first! ahah
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-16-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
my feelings weren't hurt. the way i see it is, for those that start threads such as this, just don't know any better.

i hate this saying, but it totally fits. "don't hate the playa, hate the game."

jrod, when do i NOT look like an a-hole?
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
"the way i see it is, for those that start threads such as this, just don't know any better."

What don't I know any better? My roommate rides an Absolute and I've taken it for a spin. I was just more curious about why it seems that most cali peeps are on a CWB. Like mentioned above, here in Tejas there's lots of guys riding them, but it just seems like they get a lot of love out west. Just wondering if there was any sort of reason why.

For the record, I'm too poor to go out and buy a new deck every year so I'm still on an old delamed Substance that I got for free.

(Message edited by Stanfield on December 16, 2005)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-16-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
Good Reps, like we have in Texas.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-16-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
maybe because our reps here kick ass, and it's one of the ways we can repay him/her.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-16-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
The SoCal rep, Steve Bates is a real stand up guy--he supports all of the local events with prize product, demos, his time(MC), knowledge and he is a kick ass rider. He is involved in product development and listens to the rider's needs. CWB puts out a terrifc product and they back it up--so does LF, Gator, Hyperlite, etc. As with any quality product that is well represented, the customer base will follow. Here in CA.,CWB is represented quite well!!!
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
I used to not like cwb a few years ago. Then I got on an absolute. That's all it takes. If you ride one you will be all about it as well. I'm glad there finally making some nice bindings as well. Maybe I can get rid of these hyperheavy's. I don't think its just a cali thing either. I live in Texas and I tell everyone that I talk to who is looking for a new board to try CWB. I've sold enough of those boards to be sponsored for sure...too bad i'm not
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-16-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
Plus my mom says their cool. Thats just jokes.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2005, 12:36 PM Reply   
That brings me to my next question. Does average Joe rider have much interaction/exposure to different manufacturer reps in Cali? Doesn't seem like there's much of that here, but maybe I just live under a rock.

PS. I have no real like/dislike for any of the companies, it's all just boards, bindings, boats, etc....to me. It just seems that they have an EXTREMELY loyal following in Cali. Obviously doing something right out there.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-16-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
I won my Absolute at WSSR 05...Thanks again CIE!!! Or else I never would have tried one. But gotta say I love the thing.I had just gotten an O'brien demented the thursday before WSSR, Rode it once won the CWB and got rid of the demented.Now its just hard to talk the wife into letting me get a new platinum absolute when mine was only $40 bucks....See there is a downside...HAHA
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-16-2005, 12:47 PM Reply   
The average rider has very little contact with the reps aside from boat shows and sales; but they do have a lot of contact with the shop guys, so if the rep takes care of the shop the shop takes care of them by pushing that particular brands gear. A lot of the regulars here on WW I would say are more pluged into the industry than the average rider.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-16-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
Erik, your points are right on, but there are some reps that support and are active in the contest scene, they give up weekends to spend time with the riders not only to promote their brand but also because they truely love the sport. I don't know the CWB rep in Calli but he gets props from a lot of people on WW. I think he must be one of the ones that is just stoked on the sport. Hyperlite is pretty big in the northwest and we also have a great rep in Scott Sims. Keep doing what your doing guys, and thanks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-16-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
Oh cool. This must be you then Jeff!

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-16-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
BTW! check out how big Evans lips are after he tried to make out with a seadoo at 30 mph!
Old    walt            12-16-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
BlahhhHaaHaa

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
why is this equated to cali/west coast riders?

Here in WI it was when I rode the absolute that I fell in love, not the service, not the reps, just the way I rode that particular shape. Its in the ride for me, and nothing else.

Oh well, I move to cali next week.....I guess now ill just be another californian on c's nuts.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-16-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
CWB makes a good product. They came out with some killer bindings. They got their product out early to us. There could be a huge turn around once people get on the Watson and Shane boards. Last year the transits and teams took the market by storm. Its still very early to determine the out come. I know if a board helped me spin better or gave me more pop than another one I would be on it. Why fight it. HL, LF,CWB and Gator all offer a killer product. Yes reps play a huge part in a company and choice of board for many people but I am going to go after the board that rides the best for me. BTW (I am the OG #1 board whore). So I try all boards and companies. I do think we are going to see some big things from Krown this year.

(Message edited by twakess on December 16, 2005)
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-16-2005, 9:56 PM Reply   
It does seem like threads go a bit like this:

Post 1:
Does anyone know anything about the new Murray board?

Post 2:
I got the chance to demo it a little while back. It was great! Amazing pop!

Post 3:
Dude! you guys need to try the Absolute!! Greatest board ever!!! The Hinge Tech is going to be the greatest thing for this sport since Robert Fulton put an engine in a ship!!!!! CWB 4EVER!!!!!!!

Ya, this is an exaggeration, but I'm obviously not the only one who's noticed. It's cool that you guys love your rides though and it doesn't really bother me. I just think it's funny.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2005, 10:03 PM Reply   
actually its not really an exaggeration, whats important to note is that all those lute lovers say that stuff for a reason.....people love the ride. Not everyone, but most people that try it love it.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-16-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
I just got my absolute, rode it the first time this summer and thought hell that board feels good under my feet!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2005, 10:24 PM Reply   
oh let me forget to mail those fins, my bad.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-17-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
Yeah J-Rod thats the EVIL EMPERESS that makes me keep my old boat and old board. Thats why I cant ride good....HAHA.....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-17-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
Funny. I won the CWB Bindings in that raffle, and my wife took them for herself.
Old     (gdog)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
i think cwb puts something in the water in cali to brainwash us, i even ride an absolute and used to ride only hyperlite. actually i wanted to try a new board and i got a lot of input from wakeworld. found an 04 absolute (brand new) on ebay for $55. love it, my knees dont hurt anymore and great release off the wake. not against any other companys product, the absolute seems to fit my riding style(if i have any!!) there is a lot of great product on the market from all companys.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-17-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
dont take this as offensive....its great everyone is reccomending certain boards for people to try to hopefully find "the ride" u guys speak of...but the marius and the lute are not the solution for eveyone....im jus saying there are other great boards out there too...and hopefully everyone gets a chance to ride those too
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-17-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
I find it very intersting that now as CWB is climbing its way towards the top, we now see comments like this, "im jus saying there are other great boards out there too."

No offense to Kellan at all.

If CWB suddenly became number one, you can bet that they would be hated for their success by many like hyperlite is now. CWB used to be one of the alternatives to the big brands. But what will happen as they gain much more market share?

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-17-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
what are they now, number 3?
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-17-2005, 4:32 PM Reply   
i would actually say....LF, CWB, and HL....should all be fairly close by the end of this season....the hype isnt seeming to get much hype this year...it might be cwb or lf's year
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-17-2005, 4:51 PM Reply   
well, in your own words you did seem to point out the two companies that are pushing progression on the design end......hyperlite seems relatively happy with the standard MO at the moment.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-17-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
For me, between Steve Bates, who in 3 words is genuine, hilarious, and original, and the image of the company (CWB) and it's team, again 3 words, talented, intelligent, and approachable, CWB became my ride. Lots of good stuff out there from lots of different companies, CWB just seems to have things dialed a little better than the rest (product, representation, image) IMHO.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       12-17-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
I dont know what you guys are talking about, Bates is a total Ahole.. who is self centered and has a fantasy abot his dog...

Rock on CWB!!

Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-18-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
I used to ride a LF team 139 that I liked alot. I still like LF but CWB appears to have an equally impressive lineup.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-19-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
Josh, as much as Steve loves that dog, I am the one who has had the honor of getting orally raped by the beast. Racked out on Bates' couch & then in my sleep thinking "hmmm something is looking at me" open my eyes to have Bailey (two inches from my nose) staring at me, as soon as she sees I'm awake she starts licking my face & mouth and then runs off leaving me feeling the little cheap ho that I guess I am. Bad dog!! I rode terrible at the tournament the next day & just felt dirty for the next week. Thanks for that Bailes. Plus Bates is the Turkish National Champion. I don't think LF has one of those...

(Message edited by stephan on December 19, 2005)
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       12-19-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
Bates is Turkish.. hahahaha
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-20-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
No i think he wanted to be champion of something so he traveled all the way to Turkey to be a winner. When I went there last year I asked everyone I saw if they knew him...not one single bite. I guess they aren't treated like royalty as he planned.