Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    billy_ray            10-31-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
im thinkin of tryin to do a backroll now.. does anyone have any pics or vieo clips of them falling on a backroll.. so i can see if it is painful or not.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-31-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
backroll crashes arent bad at all...just make sure you committ to the trick and it should pretty much just take care of itself...make sure your back boot goes through the wake before you flip...just got out and try it...
Old    260searay            11-01-2005, 2:58 AM Reply   
Yeah, i want to try one too. I think i will try one on a trampoline first though.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-01-2005, 6:09 AM Reply   
It's harder to do on a trampoline than behind the boat.

Keep the rope tight to your hip, turn your head so your chin goes over your "lead" shoulder after you have left the wake, hold on tight and spot your landing. All this said I haven't ridden one away yet, but I'm close.

Falls only hurt if you don't commit to the trick and get halfway around or pulled off axis.

Eric
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2005, 7:12 AM Reply   
I used to have a montage of my backroll crashes. I must of crashed about 200 times before landing my first one. I don't recall any of them hurting. I finally landed my first one (actually 3 in a row) when I got behind a boat with a huge wake. So my advice is to get your wake as big as possible before starting.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2005, 7:14 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, I didn't find it hard to learn on a trampoline. I actually learned it there first. But when I got out on the water I realized that all my tramp practice was for a switch roll!
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-01-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
Mexican backroll or tantrum John? I think the tramp is harder because it is a cartwheel motion which is not as easy to initiate as a back or front flip on the trampoline.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
Eric, it was very much like a cartwheel. My rotation was pretty much centered on the rope, with the handle centered in front of me right off my hips. I'm goofy and I was rotating to the right. Then when I got on the water I realized then I needed to rotate the opposite direction.

In reality it wasn't like the roll I do on the water. Off the wake the board goes out behind me more, whereas on the tramp it was a cartwheel motion.