Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-19-2016, 7:10 PM Reply   
What do we think crew?

less of a trailer & more about the drone
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-19-2016, 10:22 PM Reply   
Looks like a pretty nice unit. The two things that stand out are the removable gimble that you can use on a stick without the drone and the price of only $799. I was already considering the purchase of a gimble for over $300, so I'm almost half way to the price of this drone. I also like the fact that they push the camera out away from the props. I don't understand why you still see props in drone videos. You'd think they would have figured that out by now.
Old     (gqjeff)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-20-2016, 7:27 AM Reply   
Should have come with active tracking and also waterproof. How could you not offer those options when they already exist on other drones?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-20-2016, 7:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqjeff View Post
Should have come with active tracking and also waterproof. How could you not offer those options when they already exist on other drones?
Active Tracking is overrated. Without collision avoidance, you're asking for issues. And in order to get around the collision issues, you have to fly the thing so high up that you can't see anything. It's no wonder why Lily never shipped any units.

It SHOULDN'T need to be waterproof if it's a reliable drone. Waterproofing something like this is a monumental task and it would probably push the price up by 20% at least.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-20-2016, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Looks like a pretty nice unit. The two things that stand out are the removable gimble that you can use on a stick without the drone and the price of only $799. I was already considering the purchase of a gimble for over $300, so I'm almost half way to the price of this drone. I also like the fact that they push the camera out away from the props. I don't understand why you still see props in drone videos. You'd think they would have figured that out by now.
I also really like the detachable gimbal. That will probably be the feature that goes un-noticed by many people, but it's a big deal. The Mountain Bike footage at 1:53 on video 1 is UNBELIEVABLE. It doesn't LOOK like a big deal, but that bike is hauling ass over some REALLY rough terrain. Footage from a standard gopro mount would be seizure inducing.

Last edited by boardjnky4; 09-20-2016 at 7:42 AM.
Old     (gqjeff)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-20-2016, 8:07 AM Reply   
They should have at least made it waterproof capable using a 4 black. The 4 black will not work with a housing on it. So unless you get a 5 black the cams not waterproof either. On the lake i'm not to worried about in air collisions. They are going to be releasing more info all the way until 10/23 on some flying options in comes stock with. I am anxious to read or hear about those. The gimbal is badass for sure!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-20-2016, 10:08 AM Reply   
What is Active Tracking?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-20-2016, 10:21 AM Reply   
^ David, When you can set up the drone to follow you by wearing a RFID tag. Can be set up to follow at a specific angle, height etc. It flys itself based on your position.
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       09-20-2016, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
What is Active Tracking?
AKA follow mode. Was surprised this wasn't a feature.
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2016, 3:27 AM Reply   
That would be something for the go pro 6 or 7.