Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-17-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
How well does MB's turned down exhaust tips work at surf and wakeboard speeds? Anyone ride behind one?
Attached Images

Old     (longgonebon)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-18-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffymahoney View Post
How well does MB's turned down exhaust tips work at surf and wakeboard speeds? Anyone ride behind one?
i have an mb with tips like that. not sure what you mean by speeds, but they definitely cut down the exhaust levels when surfing behind the boat. I used to get headaches with my old boat but i've never had an issue with the MB. Hope that helps.
Old     (codespanker)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-19-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
I have the same boat and while it cuts down from the old X2 I had, it doesn't clean it up all together. Have you checked out fresh air exhaust. FAE gives you the best protection out there and a lot quieter boat.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-19-2010, 11:54 PM Reply   
I would expect good things out of those turn-downs.

I'm attaching a picture of the ones on my boat so you can see where I'm coming from.

With my boat, I found that it was quite a bit quieter than my previous boat... plus I have never once been hit in the face by a bunch of exhaust. I can't smell it, and I haven't gotten a headache yet. I'm sure it's still there, but because it is so limited it is something I rarely think about. Seeing that mine are not as extended as those MBs, I'd assume they'd perform even better.

While it is no FAE, it's a pretty good little addition that surprised me.
Attached Images

Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-20-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
I have an MB as well with those tips. They aren't under the water when I'm moving at surfing speeds so I don't think they decrease the CO levels all that much over normal exhaust. I would think you would have to get them under the water in order to significantly reduce CO like the FHE does. Not sure. Just my opinion.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-20-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
unless they are below the transom I don't see how the could help. I am planning on mine being 1/2-1" under the transom.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-20-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
andrew ,

tell me about those side trim tabs how long and wide are they, i am going to put some on my moomba xlv, mine would be 18 long and just need to get the right width.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-20-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
They do not have to be under the transom to be under water for surfing. It serves no purpose to work at wakeboard speeds.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-20-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
You're right Alan. You can definitely hear the difference depending on what you're doing or speed you're going. It isn't always directing it under the water, but if you're surfing it seems to work.

Jim, I'll have to have a look at them this weekend. I don't know the dimensions off the top of my head. I like the tabs, as you don't need bow weight, but they won't do anything more for you than what a couple bags would do.