Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-06-2017, 11:44 AM Reply   
NS makes some of the best snowboards around. Looks like they're getting into the wake game: https://youtu.be/UNCAsjq2eBc
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-06-2017, 12:23 PM Reply   
awesome!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2017, 12:48 PM Reply   
Interesting. I thought this was a joke at first but it appears to be for real.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-06-2017, 12:49 PM Reply   
guess so http://www.neversummer.com/wakeboards

I'm digging the specs too.

Last edited by boardjnky4; 09-06-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       09-06-2017, 1:42 PM Reply   
Interesting. Park board looks nice. I know their snowboards ride well. Doesn't always translate into anything else, but a demo would be fun.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2017, 1:45 PM Reply   
Strange. You would think they would have invested more into better riding for the video of their debut. It almost doesn't seem serious.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-06-2017, 1:48 PM Reply   
That and they call it the rooster.

I'm not a fan of NS and never have been. Still am not. Ass for every seat though I suppose
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-08-2017, 9:13 AM Reply   
Interesting that a company called Never Summer is making Summer Products.
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       09-08-2017, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
Interesting that a company called Never Summer is making Summer Products.
i literally thought the SAME exact thing. lol
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-09-2017, 6:06 PM Reply   
I love Never Summer. Been riding the swift for 2 seasons and it's the funnest board I've ever ridden. Slays powder, trenches groomers and kinda sucks on ice but who cares. Just like I don't care if my boat has a harsh rough water ride. Natures way of saying do something else.

I like that they make their boards in the good ol USA in Denver.

Give them a couple yrs in the wake/surf scene. They are pretty innovative.
Old     (Shreddr)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-10-2017, 8:44 AM Reply   
I have ro say i like the topsheet and the shape...
But i'm afraid if they are like their snowboards i will not buy one.
I had a NeverSummer Cobra and also a Funslinger.
Besides the very slow base quality was pretty good on both boards. (So it seemed)
But i wasnt aware that NS is know for loosing a lot of their stiffness and flex.
I really liked both boards for about 10 days then they became noodely to a point i didnt want to ride em anymore and finally sold em.
So if that would happen to the wakeboards too that would even be worse.
Hopefully i'm wrong and they just got better...
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-10-2017, 8:13 PM Reply   
I don't get it. Who are they targeting? With that kind of riding on the front page, and no explanation of what they are about or what makes their boards different, this seems dead in the water.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-11-2017, 6:44 AM Reply   
good luck with that
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-11-2017, 7:36 AM Reply   
We have been riding them for about 1.5 years. A friend of mine sent me one to test and now there are (3) of my crew that ride that one board. It has plenty of flex, but still lots of pop. It is too small for me, but for the other guys the 141 is working miracle. In fact they have tried other boards and all still loving that board. It has held up very well and has lots and lots of rides on it from all levels of rider. I have not seen them at the shops yet, but my crew would tell you to buy one for sure.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-11-2017, 7:38 PM Reply   
I am a big fan of their snowboards...but i agree that i would NOT want to buy the "Rooster". Also the video looks the board is super fun and maneuverable but the pop does not look impressive. Wakeboarders only want to butter around so much.

I would guess it will take them a bit of time to understand what the market wants for trade off on pop vs soft landings. Just adding more stages - 7 - does not make it better.