Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-06-2015, 1:32 PM Reply   
Has anyone else notices how hesitant people are to buy a boat right now? I have been struggling big time to sell mine and I know right now is basically the worse time to sell a boat but adding the drought to the equation seems to make it even worse. Guess I am gonna have to hold onto it through winter or else I might just end up giving it away. Hopefully if we get some rain people will be more eager to buy.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-06-2015, 1:35 PM Reply   
Open the listing up to beyond CA
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-06-2015, 1:42 PM Reply   
V215? How much you selling it for? I was looking at nautique airs and they are pretty cheap. But I was looking at direct drives.
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-06-2015, 2:00 PM Reply   
Danny,
Can't speak to your market as I am way out here in the Midwest, but when I reviewed your craigslist ad a couple things came to mind. First, confusion about what state the boat was in as far as graphics because you show both pics. Secondly, the pics aren't all that good, partially because they are on CL and secondly effort. Maybe, take a bunch of hi res pics, add them to a photo share site and add a link to them on your craigslist ad.

Personally, I would be looking for a boat to be in original condition and the wrap turned me off when looking at yours. Didn't know if you got rid of all the original decals or just covered them up. Just some thoughts to consider.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       10-06-2015, 3:11 PM Reply   
I dont think the drought is a real issue, its more timing & price. I'm a buyer, in your area, in that price range. Not that your price isn't fair (because it is), it's just not that good of a deal that someone HAS to have it RIGHT NOW and then put it in storage until next year. The buyers right now are looking for a deep discount. If you arent willing to sell at a discount, then hold till next year when someone wants to use it right then. I sold my 02 centurion with 700 hours for 23k in June because the guy wanted it right then. Not one email in the off season.

It's especially tough when theres two essentially the same boats (sure a little older, but not much different), at a significant price discount
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/5236751803.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/5251564291.html
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-06-2015, 7:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautibouys View Post
Danny,
Can't speak to your market as I am way out here in the Midwest, but when I reviewed your craigslist ad a couple things came to mind. First, confusion about what state the boat was in as far as graphics because you show both pics. Secondly, the pics aren't all that good, partially because they are on CL and secondly effort. Maybe, take a bunch of hi res pics, add them to a photo share site and add a link to them on your craigslist ad.

Personally, I would be looking for a boat to be in original condition and the wrap turned me off when looking at yours. Didn't know if you got rid of all the original decals or just covered them up. Just some thoughts to consider.

The wrap is just on the V portion of the graphics but will be coming off when I take the system out. Craigslist absolutely ruins the pics. For such a huge marketplace they have terrible upload quality! Once I take the wrap off and system out I will have to have a buddy with a good camera come takes some pics. It is really hit or miss with the system and wrap. That is why I was trying to give people options. But maybe in doing so I made it confusing. I will update some things and maybe will have some better luck. Thank you for the advice.

Some people are giving there 215s away. The one for 24k is dirt cheap! If someone brought me 31500 i would take it. Anything lower I would sit on it until summer. Its currently tucked away in a nice insulated/climate controlled barn. So now I am not as worried about it getting tore up when we get "el nino"
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-06-2015, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
I dont think the drought is a real issue, its more timing & price. I'm a buyer, in your area, in that price range. Not that your price isn't fair (because it is), it's just not that good of a deal that someone HAS to have it RIGHT NOW and then put it in storage until next year. The buyers right now are looking for a deep discount. If you arent willing to sell at a discount, then hold till next year when someone wants to use it right then. I sold my 02 centurion with 700 hours for 23k in June because the guy wanted it right then. Not one email in the off season.

It's especially tough when theres two essentially the same boats (sure a little older, but not much different), at a significant price discount
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/5236751803.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/5251564291.html
I think something is wrong with that boat with the green flames. Been on craigslist since march and still hasnt sold and that is dirt cheap for a boat with those hours. color is hideous but nothing a wrap couldnt fix.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2015, 7:45 AM Reply   
I think border hit it on the head. Its a timing thing. I normally try to get rid of mine in August. If I wait much after that, than it becomes much harder and I have to lower the price. I have found better success selling in the Spring. Good luck
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-07-2015, 10:33 AM Reply   
If yours is the one with eight Rev10s.... lemme just say that eight Rev10s screams party cove boat (whether accurate or not). I see eight giant tower speakers and the boat is an instant pass. It's the kinda boat I'd want to run a black light over before sitting down in it. Remove the stereo, remove the wrap, sell a pair of rev10s and buy a decent camera, do a new ad. Craigslist pics come out just fine.

With good pics and with the crazy tower system removed, $31ish is probably about right come spring.
Old     (Hyperryd)      Join Date: May 2014       10-07-2015, 8:48 PM Reply   
^^^^^ That is what I thought when I saw your ad while I was looking for my new boat and I just bought my boat 3 weeks ago in Sac area. I just sold my other boat sold for top dollar a week before that and that guy drove 3 hours to get it.
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-07-2015, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
If yours is the one with eight Rev10s.... lemme just say that eight Rev10s screams party cove boat (whether accurate or not). I see eight giant tower speakers and the boat is an instant pass. It's the kinda boat I'd want to run a black light over before sitting down in it. Remove the stereo, remove the wrap, sell a pair of rev10s and buy a decent camera, do a new ad. Craigslist pics come out just fine.

With good pics and with the crazy tower system removed, $31ish is probably about right come spring.
Partied on my detailed every week. lol

I am gonna take the system out on saturday and the wrap off. Have it detailed and then snap some good pics!

PS: it has 10 not 8 lol.
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       10-08-2015, 6:34 AM Reply   
Pics or link to this boat?
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-08-2015, 8:04 AM Reply   
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/5209500670.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-08-2015, 9:19 AM Reply   
other things you may want to include: which engine option? does it have perfect pass?
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-08-2015, 9:39 AM Reply   
Hate 10 rev 10's on boats
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-08-2015, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp513 View Post
I think something is wrong with that boat with the green flames. Been on craigslist since march and still hasnt sold and that is dirt cheap for a boat with those hours. color is hideous but nothing a wrap couldnt fix.
Yes, I looked at that green flame boat before buying my 2005 V215 a few mnonths ago and I am in Sacramento. That grean flame boat is tore up there is a ton of chunking out of the gel coat on the bottom all over from front to back. The trailer looks like its been sitting in a field for years not to mention the rust all over it. I looked at it for five minutes and passed. The guy was definitely not a boat guy.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-08-2015, 8:33 PM Reply   
Step one. Move out of california. Its a silly place.

Step two, dont sell your boat because now gas isn't $4/gal.
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-08-2015, 9:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Hate 10 rev 10's on boats
awe cmon. dont be such a negative nelly
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-09-2015, 10:51 AM Reply   
Lol! Just Trolling
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-09-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
You still got those og trailer wheels
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-09-2015, 7:37 PM Reply   
i know. I was going to throw some 18s on it at the beginning of the year. But knew I was going to be selling it so there was no point. When I get my axis it will have some wheels dont you worry and maybe 12 rev 10s
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-10-2015, 8:02 AM Reply   
Ya man I thought you swapped them I wanted to buy them
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-10-2015, 2:06 PM Reply   
My 02
Better pictures - multiple angles, interior - don't include,your truck, neutral background
Look up the original sales slick and post some specs
Pics on trailer don't make it look like a boat that was cared for- dirty trailer, dirty rims, pads on trailer guides worn, shoved down, etc
Post pictures of what the buyer is getting, not what they aren't- pics without the rev 10's.
Dirty trailer, worn guides, and tower loaded with Rev10's says thrashed on party boat not well cared for boat.
That might not be the case but when selling something you want the broadest audience possible
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-10-2015, 2:18 PM Reply   
And include one pair of the rev' s in the sale. That still leaves you 8.

Last edited by Cabledog; 10-10-2015 at 2:26 PM. Reason: .
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-11-2015, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Ya man I thought you swapped them I wanted to buy them
Nope never did! ended up buying another house and had to drop lots and lots of coin into the remodel. stupid house taking away from my toy fund hahaha
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-11-2015, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
My 02
Better pictures - multiple angles, interior - don't include,your truck, neutral background
Look up the original sales slick and post some specs
Pics on trailer don't make it look like a boat that was cared for- dirty trailer, dirty rims, pads on trailer guides worn, shoved down, etc
Post pictures of what the buyer is getting, not what they aren't- pics without the rev 10's.
Dirty trailer, worn guides, and tower loaded with Rev10's says thrashed on party boat not well cared for boat.
That might not be the case but when selling something you want the broadest audience possible
Its at the stereo shop now. Hes taking everything out. Then I am gonna take the purple off, put a new sanger logo on, repaint the wheels, have it detailed and then put it back up for sale. When i first posted it I had people wanting to buy it as is thats why I put those pictures up. Then i think they realized they could not get a loan for 50k on a boat thats nada value is around 35. lol. If somebody wants a pair of wetsounds and the price is right I will give them an amp and the wetsounds and have my stereo guy install it for them.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       10-11-2015, 9:19 PM Reply   
Definitely screams party boat. Pics with no boards on the rack on the water, filled with flat billed bros lol. Take off the stereo pics, pics behind your truck with your 22x14 wheels and I'd say leave the wrap because the purple is sweet. I do like big stereos, so I'm not hating on that. I'd just take the pics of it down because I know when I'm trolling Clist and see something like "xxx isn't included but shown in pics" or "can be added extra for what's in the pics" pisses me off and I wouldn't buy it out of principle.
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-28-2015, 3:13 PM Reply   
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/5336102518.html

I think this ads a little better! Hopefully I get it sold so I can order my axis!!

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:37 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us