Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2021, 8:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Sorry. Just do not see it in the bill of rights.
Which one of those prevent citizens from consuming something they can grow in their garden?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2021, 8:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
You know it takes a few years to turn the ship from the previous years policies. Obama blamed Bush for 8 years. Trump acknowledged the issue and also the fact that jobs were continuing to leave the country. He utilized the structure that had been lawfully put into place and brought the players to the table to renegotiate. That is the only knobs he had to turn considering how bad the internationalists screwed the American Worker.
Cool story bro, USMCA is just as terrible as nafta.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2021, 9:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
where's that "right to drink alcohol" clause, Delta?
You missed it? It’s right after the “right to Burn Loot and Murder” when you don’t get your way.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2021, 9:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So you are saying that presidents who use executive orders to pursue the policies that they ran on are well within their powers?

Just like China.
Biden NEVER ran on killing the pipeline and the 10K+ jobs with it. In fact, he lied and said he wouldn’t kill it. He also didn’t run on allowing trannies to run in actual girl track races. Like all democrats, he lied about all kinds of things he said he wouldn’t do. He’s a steaming pile of wake77.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2021, 9:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Biden NEVER ran on killing the pipeline
Try again fool
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...it/5216015002/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2021, 10:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Yep, you’re right. I got mixed up with him saying no fracking bans. My bad. He’s still a steaming pile though. Are you still sore with me since I teased you for buying the soulless, cheap and ugly duckling Tesla model? Sorry, mate. I’ll try to think of something positive to say about your car. Hey, are your fake carbon fiber stickers still sticking to your dash or did they peel off from the sun yet?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2021, 11:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Are you still sore with me since I teased you for buying the soulless, cheap and ugly duckling Tesla model?
Nah bro we good, just a bit of fun.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-03-2021, 4:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Biden NEVER ran on killing the pipeline and the 10K+ jobs with it. In fact, he lied and said he wouldn’t kill it. He also didn’t run on allowing trannies to run in actual girl track races. Like all democrats, he lied about all kinds of things he said he wouldn’t do. He’s a steaming pile of wake77.

Got a cite for that? I don’t think he ever said he was in favor of Keystone XL (which imports tar sands crude from Canada). He did say he wouldn’t end fracking, which is unrelated to Keystone XL.

EDIT: I see you already conceded you spoke too soon.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 02-03-2021 at 4:08 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2021, 4:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Then weed must be addictive or used by complete idiots. I have two options to get my thrills. Booze or weed. One of these I go to jail, the other I can go to any number of establishments and partake. I think I will take prison for 1000 Alex.
So what you're saying is that refusing to wear a mask is either an addiction or the person is an idiot. We know that masks provide some protection and we know that there is a chance that you can die from covid even if you're previously healthy. So people are either addicted to not wearing it, or they are idiots that think there is zero risk of catching and dying (or even suffering long term damage). There is no in between with your bizarre binary logic Delta.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-03-2021, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
china actions were purely executive. There is no treaty. Tariffs were imposed by executive action.

Well, we know one of Biden's campaign promises... get us back in to Paris climate accord. That was one of his executive orders.

LOL at the Tucker Carlson "job killer" b.s. How many farm jobs did trump kill with the trade war with China? Oh yeah not that many because he put farmers on gov't welfare.
Farmers have been on government welfare for decades because the government tries to price control food. They pay farmers not to grow certain crops. I think Trump helping farmers to fight china was a good use of money. He used the power of the government to fight another government who always has used their government resources to allow their businesses to take over American industries. Sounds a lot like America first unlike Joe and his idiotic Paris Accord which puts us last and allows for other countries to have power over the US. America last again. Good thing a presidential decree can not actually ratify a treaty so technically we are not in it but we are sure going to use that as a toilet lid around his neck during the elections.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-03-2021, 8:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
So what you're saying is that refusing to wear a mask is either an addiction or the person is an idiot. We know that masks provide some protection and we know that there is a chance that you can die from covid even if you're previously healthy. So people are either addicted to not wearing it, or they are idiots that think there is zero risk of catching and dying (or even suffering long term damage). There is no in between with your bizarre binary logic Delta.
For starters you are not smart enough to not realize my logic was not binary but more of a varying analog signal. I would say the pro drug crowd is more of a binary. Keep repeating they are all going to jail because of week, yet spend all day in public forums telling us about all the weed they smoke yet don't realize they are not in jail.

If masks offer protection then why was California emergency rooms full of COVID patients? Why is Florida and California basically in the same place yet Florida had much less restrictions? Why when you look at the data 2 percent die and of that vast majority seem to be the very old and sick. I don't think your analogy works.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-03-2021, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Got a cite for that? I don’t think he ever said he was in favor of Keystone XL (which imports tar sands crude from Canada). He did say he wouldn’t end fracking, which is unrelated to Keystone XL.

EDIT: I see you already conceded you spoke too soon.
I thought you liberals wanted us to get off of Middle East oil because that is the reason we were in all these wars. now that we are off of their oil, you want us back on it and more importantly, you want us beholden to china as they make 90% of the solar panels and have almost all the mineral rights to make batteries.

America last again. All this for a environazi led control structure. And you wonder how we got Trump.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-03-2021, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Cool story bro, USMCA is just as terrible as nafta.
And you know this how? Unfortunately we can not turn back the old trade agreements so the cat is out of the bag just like they hoped it would. Thought that getting Mexico into the trade would stop them from hopping the border? Ross Perot warned everyone that the jobs would leave. No one listened. Of course they did not listen, it is what they wanted. Spread American wealth.

So, are you trying to tell us that a 20 year old agreement that clearly was sucking American jobs out of the country should have not been renegotiated? If you are, then you are simply a retard. We can argue the effectiveness of the new agreement when data actually comes in. Unfortunately it will take years to see where we are with it.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-03-2021, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Which one of those prevent citizens from consuming something they can grow in their garden?
Bill of Rights tells us what the government can not do to you.

I live next door to a guy who was growing 4 to 5 plants and the smell would knock us down. It was even coming through the walls in our house. Even when we would pull up to the front of our house it would about knock us down. I am for keeping it as illegal as the day is long.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-03-2021, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I thought you liberals wanted us to get off of Middle East oil because that is the reason we were in all these wars. now that we are off of their oil, you want us back on it and more importantly, you want us beholden to china as they make 90% of the solar panels and have almost all the mineral rights to make batteries.

America last again. All this for a environazi led control structure. And you wonder how we got Trump.
Not sure how many times it needs to be said that we are a net exporter, whether or not canadian crude is piped to us coastal refineries for worldwide export. Frackers in Montana and the Dakotas aren't served by Keystone XL.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-03-2021, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Farmers have been on government welfare for decades because the government tries to price control food. They pay farmers not to grow certain crops. I think Trump helping farmers to fight china was a good use of money. He used the power of the government to fight another government who always has used their government resources to allow their businesses to take over American industries. Sounds a lot like America first unlike Joe and his idiotic Paris Accord which puts us last and allows for other countries to have power over the US. America last again. Good thing a presidential decree can not actually ratify a treaty so technically we are not in it but we are sure going to use that as a toilet lid around his neck during the elections.
Wait, so farmers who grow crops FOR EXPORT, and then get shut out of exporting in a trade war, and then get paid by the government to grow nothing are putting America first?

I guess we could say that keeping Canadian oil out of the US so that US prices remain high enough to support domestic production is also putting America First? Or would it be better to import the Canadian oil and then just pay the sidelined American workers directly, like the farmers, when the price of the worldwide commodity falls?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2021, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I would say the pro drug crowd is more of a binary. Keep repeating they are all going to jail because of week, yet spend all day in public forums telling us about all the weed they smoke yet don't realize they are not in jail.
Like abortions I personally refrain but I recognize there should be a right for other people to make there own choices without nanny state telling them how to live their lives.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2021, 1:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Bill of Rights tells us what the government can not do to you.

I live next door to a guy who was growing 4 to 5 plants and the smell would knock us down. It was even coming through the walls in our house. Even when we would pull up to the front of our house it would about knock us down. I am for keeping it as illegal as the day is long.
Backpack pump sprayers can shoot Roundup really far into a back yard if you adjust the nozzle properly.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-03-2021, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Appears you cant decide to use the sleepy/dementia Joe smears or whine old Joe is working over time removing much of your cult leaders work.

America First.
https://www.fedhealthit.com/2021/01/...ng-to-it-gear/
Guy just eliminated thousands of jobs with swipe of a pen at a time when quality jobs are at a premium. That’s seems like a great policy to rush through.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-03-2021, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Backpack pump sprayers can shoot Roundup really far into a back yard if you adjust the nozzle properly.
Thats gonna leave a trail. And i'll get the calls, whats wrong with my plant???!!!??? Maybe a Hollywood size fan to blow the stink another direction.

Quote:
Guy just eliminated thousands of jobs with swipe of a pen at a time when quality jobs are at a premium. That’s seems like a great policy to rush through.
The order is to buy in America first. Thought that would make leftys and rightys happy, no?
Do you know how many jobs were lost due to Trumps China Tariffs? hint, more, lots more.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2021, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Thats gonna leave a trail. And i'll get the calls, whats wrong with my plant???!!!??? Maybe a Hollywood size fan to blow the stink another direction.



The order is to buy in America first. Thought that would make leftys and rightys happy, no?
Do you know how many jobs were lost due to Trumps China Tariffs? hint, more, lots more.
Oh that’s right. You’re the resident pothead. I forgot all about that. Well, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. Seems you’re assuming the neighbor has his plants surrounded by lawn or something-which is probably not the case. They’re probably in a planter bed surrounded by decomposed granite or some other paving which won’t leave a trail if sprayed with a weed killer..... right before harvest.

If anyone decided to plant that shif outside next to my house, it wouldn’t make it past bud. That is totally rude to plant that outside next to a neighbor. At least indoors you can use a carbon air filter.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-03-2021, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Oh that’s right. You’re the resident pothead. I forgot all about that. Well, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. Seems you’re assuming the neighbor has his plants surrounded by lawn or something-which is probably not the case. They’re probably in a planter bed surrounded by decomposed granite or some other paving which won’t leave a trail if sprayed with a weed killer..... right before harvest.
Thats just evil.
If anyone decided to plant that shif outside next to my house, it wouldn’t make it past bud. That is totally rude to plant that outside next to a neighbor. At least indoors you can use a carbon air filter.
Im a garden whisperer. Location is always part of the initial consult. Away from neighbors is a respectful call. I agree. My outdoor spot is on the lawn, but its 100 yards from the neighbors. Indoors can be an issue for parents, tryna explain to the kids why there is a tent in the house making a lot of noise and they cant play in it. Outdoors its just another potted plant.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-03-2021, 5:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Not sure how many times it needs to be said that we are a net exporter, whether or not canadian crude is piped to us coastal refineries for worldwide export. Frackers in Montana and the Dakotas aren't served by Keystone XL.
Regardless of the pipeline (which we have pipelines all across the country already so I don't see the hard on you democrats have for this one other than trying to pay be the big democrat donors in trucking and rail to move the oil which is way worse environmentally. Personally I am relative neutral on the pipeline but you democrats hate it so I am for it. If you hate it, it must be good for us.

China Joe is trying to end leases and shut down fracking. Trying to kill oil and natural gas with ZERO back up plan other than this magic panels that do not work at night. They already are killing coal. What is the end game? If I read the tea leaves, the goal as usual is to move American wealth out of the country. You do it by making everything more expensive via energy. Our greenhouse emissions have been continuing to go down even during Trump and we are WAY ahead of the others in the world. So being that we are ahead and don't have to worry about the middle east, we should be in a pretty good spot to relax and let the technology run it's course.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-03-2021, 5:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Wait, so farmers who grow crops FOR EXPORT, and then get shut out of exporting in a trade war, and then get paid by the government to grow nothing are putting America first?

I guess we could say that keeping Canadian oil out of the US so that US prices remain high enough to support domestic production is also putting America First? Or would it be better to import the Canadian oil and then just pay the sidelined American workers directly, like the farmers, when the price of the worldwide commodity falls?
Unlike Oil, farmers can actually crash the market to near zero if they wanted. Don't ask me about the programs to pay farmers. that is an old democrat program if I recall. Who said they were growing nothing? The could simply switch crops to the ones they are trying to prop up world wide and crash the market.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2021, 5:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
If masks offer protection then why was California emergency rooms full of COVID patients?
There's that binary logic again. It's either all or none.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2021, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
both. BTU and fuel used it BTU and fuel used. If you are claiming that American tail pipes with all the emission components are still poluting then so is the smoke stack from the power station. Only the power station has to transmit the energy. Looks like 65% loss
This is an interesting analysis about transitioning the vehicle fleet from Oil to EV, a few things in it I hadn't considered before.
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...iHMRyLSAI78F9E
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2021, 9:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Im a garden whisperer. Location is always part of the initial consult. Away from neighbors is a respectful call. I agree. My outdoor spot is on the lawn, but its 100 yards from the neighbors. Indoors can be an issue for parents, tryna explain to the kids why there is a tent in the house making a lot of noise and they cant play in it. Outdoors its just another potted plant.
Garden whisperer... nice. For people who are so loaded they can’t google how to grow their own dope. Okay... if you can’t keep your stinky drug smell from next door neighbors, you lose your right to grow. No one would challenge that.

If your spot is in the middle of the lawn, you need help or you need to learn what the definition of lawn is. I’ve seen plenty of people call a dirt patch lawn.

As for the kids, why do you care about them learning about dope when their school teachers are already teaching them about trannies, homos and fisters like Ralph?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-04-2021, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Backpack pump sprayers can shoot Roundup really far into a back yard if you adjust the nozzle properly.
It got taken care of. It is illegal to grow outside in our town. Apparently we were not the only ones to notice. The fines/ threat were enough. He is a good dude overall, it was just oppressive. So every time I hear people stating people should be able to grow a plant in their yard and enjoy, have never lived next to someone who has grown the plant.

I guess if you want to be a real party pooper, my for mentioned weed true believes that I know said just get a male plant and the pollen will make the buds bloom or something like that. Supposedly it kills the reason for the season but who knows. It's done regardless.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-04-2021, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Like abortions I personally refrain but I recognize there should be a right for other people to make there own choices without nanny state telling them how to live their lives.
I agree, however part of a civil society is those who are able should participate and not be a leach. If you have something that makes people leaches, it should be regulated or outlawed. If not society fails. Kind of like when society turns their back on murder or in the case of our democrats actually put that to the front of the line to finance around the world and at home. Biden and Obama's first thing they did, shows you how sick they are. Of all the things in the world they could look at and do, they sign off on exporting abortion around the world in America's name.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-04-2021, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
There's that binary logic again. It's either all or none.
Not really. I call it perfect contrast. You are being binary. How about the anti mask people have seen the stats and decided to make their own judgement on their safety. If a establishment requires it, they should abide by it, but it is still a choice. States like Florida have done well enough if not better than kalifornia yet managed to keep more businesses open for longer. I think my positions is more pragmatic than the wear a mask or die nonsense.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-04-2021, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Garden whisperer... nice. For people who are so loaded they can’t google how to grow their own dope. Okay... if you can’t keep your stinky drug smell from next door neighbors, you lose your right to grow. No one would challenge that.

If your spot is in the middle of the lawn, you need help or you need to learn what the definition of lawn is. I’ve seen plenty of people call a dirt patch lawn.

As for the kids, why do you care about them learning about dope when their school teachers are already teaching them about trannies, homos and fisters like Ralph?
I saw his comment that you replied. If it was cool to do, why would you have to explain about the tent in the house? Are you so addicted that you need to put a tent in the house? People don't even hear themselves sometimes. "I don't have an addiction. I just hid crap from my kids and everyone I know so I can get out of my mind" Great.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-04-2021, 8:25 AM Reply   
If its all cool, just let the kids smoke up, why not start them at an early age, give them shrooms and pot as soon as possible. then we can see how it plays out over time Dont hide from the kids. let them help, maybe get them to pack you pipe, roll a few, fun for the family. Remember its totally safe, cool, and has no long term affects or causes any social disorder, doe not affect your job, your education or your brain.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-04-2021, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
This is an interesting analysis about transitioning the vehicle fleet from Oil to EV, a few things in it I hadn't considered before.
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...iHMRyLSAI78F9E
Interesting. I want to see proof for the lead in statement:

Quote:
EVs are already greener than cars running on gasoline even with our current electricity grid.
Yes electric motors have lots of torque, but the system for delivering the energy is not efficient. You can argue if you have your own panels, but the duty cycle is long for electric vehicles. I also want to see where they are going to maintain these fleets of government vehicles. They tried a few years ago at our place and it was a nightmare. They started buy gas vehicles again.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-04-2021, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I saw his comment that you replied. If it was cool to do, why would you have to explain about the tent in the house? Are you so addicted that you need to put a tent in the house? People don't even hear themselves sometimes. "I don't have an addiction. I just hid crap from my kids and everyone I know so I can get out of my mind" Great.
Dont be stupid guys. Its called common sense. Its no different than how I treat alcohol. Its not something to do around kids. Its an adult hobby not much diff than brewing or vinting.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-04-2021, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
If its all cool, just let the kids smoke up, why not start them at an early age, give them shrooms and pot as soon as possible. then we can see how it plays out over time Dont hide from the kids. let them help, maybe get them to pack you pipe, roll a few, fun for the family. Remember its totally safe, cool, and has no long term affects or causes any social disorder, doe not affect your job, your education or your brain.
I know right. Sometimes you just want people to have what they think they want so you can simply see it all crumble and say I told you so. People think that people from a number of years ago were idiots, when the exact opposite is true. They actually had to live in a world of much tighter community interaction and cause and effect was extremely apparent. Instead the leftist just throw out that all laws were racist or based purely on racism thus they need to be removed. I can't believe their schtick works but every year these democrats get elected by saying the same BS.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2021, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Not really. I call it perfect contrast. You are being binary. How about the anti mask people have seen the stats and decided to make their own judgement on their safety.
That was my initial point. There is some risk, but they choose to assume the risk for their own convenience/pleasure. Same with your point about pot. They can use it and choose their own risk/reward assessment. It doesn't have to be an addiction or mean they're idiots. There is probably more immediate risk associated with going out to political rallies where people aren't wearing masks wrt covid than using pot.

You even said that people complain about it being illegal even when they aren't going to prison. Another contradiction in your argument. As with most issues there are a number of factors. If it's legal then it's going to be cheaper. Just the idea that you can be prosecuted for a crime even when it's unlikely justifies complaining about it being illegal. Bottom line is that your claim that using pot when it's illegal proves addiction was stupid. Of course you could define addiction as simply anything that you have a strong hankering to do despite the possible negative consequences. Like parachuting out of an airplane, wakeboarding, or playing golf when you wife hates you doing it all the time. I know when I want to throw down a new trick or even an old one on the board I'm thinking about the possible consequences of getting hurt.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-04-2021, 9:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
That was my initial point. There is some risk, but they choose to assume the risk for their own convenience/pleasure. Same with your point about pot. They can use it and choose their own risk/reward assessment. It doesn't have to be an addiction or mean they're idiots. There is probably more immediate risk associated with going out to political rallies where people aren't wearing masks wrt covid than using pot.

You even said that people complain about it being illegal even when they aren't going to prison. Another contradiction in your argument. As with most issues there are a number of factors. If it's legal then it's going to be cheaper. Just the idea that you can be prosecuted for a crime even when it's unlikely justifies complaining about it being illegal. Bottom line is that your claim that using pot when it's illegal proves addiction was stupid. Of course you could define addiction as simply anything that you have a strong hankering to do despite the possible negative consequences. Like parachuting out of an airplane, wakeboarding, or playing golf when you wife hates you doing it all the time. I know when I want to throw down a new trick or even an old one on the board I'm thinking about the possible consequences of getting hurt.
I agree, however you are missing the point. They are running around spreading this false narrative that everyone is going to jail for just having a joint thus we need to make it all legal. This is the constant rally cry and you even saw it repeated in this very thread by someone who does not smoke (or leads on that she doesn't - she, he, it, $hit or what ever you democrats want to be called these days). No we don't need to make it legal based on that logic. and people are not going to jail for just a joint like they are claiming. They have used this narrative to say people are doing long times in prison for just having a joint as a vehicle to sway the public and it is a lie.

My whole point is if you truly believe that false story of "just a joint" gets you into prison, then I counter you must be stupid or addicted because no sane person would want to go around the stuff if that were true.

The contradiction is not in my argument, it is in theirs. No one wants to do 5 to 10 for just a "joint". If you really did, then stupid or addicted must be the answer because that is a heck of a lot of time just to prove a point or get out of your mind. The reality most people including law enforcement typically does not care at all if you are smoking on your own and not driving around or if you are rolling with big bags of weed saying it is for you while parked in your car. The whole talking point is a lie/ legend.

While the discussion points you speak of are all true, no one is arguing if your golf addiction that is killing your relationship is going to get you prison time. I would say the same thing. If you TRULY BELIEVED your golfing was going to get you time in prison, then you are either stupid or addicted because no sane person would do it unless they were trying to be a martyr for the cause. You usually don't have that many martyrs doing it in back rooms they do it in public for political reasons. Point is, you are not going to jail for a joint so quit arguing that you are.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2021, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Interesting. I want to see proof for the lead in statement:



Yes electric motors have lots of torque, but the system for delivering the energy is not efficient. You can argue if you have your own panels, but the duty cycle is long for electric vehicles. I also want to see where they are going to maintain these fleets of government vehicles. They tried a few years ago at our place and it was a nightmare. They started buy gas vehicles again.
EV's are 77% efficient grid to wheels, petrol cars 12 to 30%

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/evtech.shtml
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-04-2021, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
EV's are 77% efficient grid to wheels, petrol cars 12 to 30%

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/evtech.shtml
Electric grid to wheels is around 25%. The 77% efficient is also more than likely assuming the very best efficiency. Driving 30 mph on the freeway and such. On par with gas at the best case. You still have to burn that energy to get the electricity for the most part so you save little in supposed green house gas release. Either emission controls work or they don't. Keep hearing we need emission controls and we have them, yet we are constantly told we are polluting the earth. Either emission controls work or they do not. If they work then the issue is not US consumption but it is Asia's issue of pollution where we are forcing our jobs out of the country when we are working to standards.

Second, what happens to all that nasty nasty waste and cost of what amounts to a total engine overhaul with the electric cars. If cost of ownership cheap when you have to spend $10,000 for a battery replacement? Never mind the low duty cycle of running an electric vehicle.

not completely opposed, I am not willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater based on alarmest politicians who want no more than to move our wealth out of the country and gain control.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2021, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Electric grid to wheels is around 25%.
Not according to the US department of energy, do you think they are lying?

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/atv-ev.shtml
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-04-2021, 4:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Electric grid to wheels is around 25%. The 77% efficient is also more than likely assuming the very best efficiency. Driving 30 mph on the freeway and such. On par with gas at the best case. You still have to burn that energy to get the electricity for the most part so you save little in supposed green house gas release. Either emission controls work or they don't. Keep hearing we need emission controls and we have them, yet we are constantly told we are polluting the earth. Either emission controls work or they do not. If they work then the issue is not US consumption but it is Asia's issue of pollution where we are forcing our jobs out of the country when we are working to standards.

Second, what happens to all that nasty nasty waste and cost of what amounts to a total engine overhaul with the electric cars. If cost of ownership cheap when you have to spend $10,000 for a battery replacement? Never mind the low duty cycle of running an electric vehicle.

not completely opposed, I am not willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater based on alarmest politicians who want no more than to move our wealth out of the country and gain control.
today was a funny day, My client has x model x, back doors won't open, also thought the doors were open and would not shut down (i guess off, but its technically off) shut down, Then after 30 min he got them to open and all the water poors into the back seats from the rain. WTF , my briefcase got soaked, i guess it does not have a trench for water, also had a bunch of strange issues backing up, it kept seeing the bushes or something and detecting objects. I didn't want to piss him off more than he was, but it acts strange. Its a POS

Oh, the only fast charger, 15min charge was on the other side of the city, and he has to call tesla for a charge as he didn't make it after we parted ways. I started my car with gas!

i know y'all say its fixable, but its a major PIA and its not effective as a real, usable, car unless you put a charging station at your office etc etc and only drive it to be "in the in crowd" We will see what the future looks like.

Last edited by dougr; 02-04-2021 at 4:16 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2021, 4:23 PM Reply   
The model x is bit of a dog, it's 10 year old technology now, the 3 & Y are much better in many ways.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2021, 9:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
There's that binary logic again. It's either all or none.
There’s your bull**** 95SN answer again




How about it. Explain why California , a state that has had the most restrictive mask requirements and lockdowns, is doing worse than a state that had almost none , even with said state being home to more high risk individuals per capita, quite a bit more in fact.

Maybe they should’ve been wearing 4 masks in Cali.l to keep all the bull**** they’re spewing in . There’s already enough piles of **** all over their cities.

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-04-2021 at 10:05 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2021, 10:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
The model x is bit of a dog, it's 10 year old technology now, the 3 & Y are much better in many ways.
You know what else is better in every way then your Tesla.........An F250 and a Yukon XL.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2021, 10:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
You know what else is better in every way then your Tesla.........An F250 and a Yukon XL.
You will be driving an electric patrol car soon!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2021, 11:00 PM Reply   
Just wondering what’s taking Biden so long to come up with a National plan to force teacher’s unions to get back to in-school learning ? He was the man with a plan for all of America, at least that’s what he ran on any the supporters here claimed. Yet we’ve seen him do nothing but implement a useless mask policy. Guess the CDC data and “the children “ don’t mater to him that much.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2021, 11:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
You will be driving an electric patrol car soon!
Ha. They’ve been tried in liberal cities already. Big failures as a full fleet. The amount of electronics and abuse of running 24/7 can’t be supported. Sure In small towns with big budgets they wound work, but most medium to large departments run their fleet 24/7 with no down time to charge. The cost would be astronomical as would the maintenance . The fact parts aren’t readily available nor will they be in the future also makes it a non factor. Departments are broke from having to pay the data storage fees for all their cameras at the moment. Payinga premium for patrol cars isn’t going to happen. I am not worried about that being The norm in my lifetime. We do have good portion of hybrids and natural gas vehicles already.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2021, 5:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I agree, however you are missing the point. They are running around spreading this false narrative that everyone is going to jail for just having a joint thus we need to make it all legal. This is the constant rally cry and you even saw it repeated in this very thread by someone who does not smoke (or leads on that she doesn't - she, he, it, $hit or what ever you democrats want to be called these days). No we don't need to make it legal based on that logic. and people are not going to jail for just a joint like they are claiming. They have used this narrative to say people are doing long times in prison for just having a joint as a vehicle to sway the public and it is a lie.

My whole point is if you truly believe that false story of "just a joint" gets you into prison, then I counter you must be stupid or addicted because no sane person would want to go around the stuff if that were true.

The contradiction is not in my argument, it is in theirs. No one wants to do 5 to 10 for just a "joint". If you really did, then stupid or addicted must be the answer because that is a heck of a lot of time just to prove a point or get out of your mind. The reality most people including law enforcement typically does not care at all if you are smoking on your own and not driving around or if you are rolling with big bags of weed saying it is for you while parked in your car. The whole talking point is a lie/ legend.

While the discussion points you speak of are all true, no one is arguing if your golf addiction that is killing your relationship is going to get you prison time. I would say the same thing. If you TRULY BELIEVED your golfing was going to get you time in prison, then you are either stupid or addicted because no sane person would do it unless they were trying to be a martyr for the cause. You usually don't have that many martyrs doing it in back rooms they do it in public for political reasons. Point is, you are not going to jail for a joint so quit arguing that you are.
Everyone doesn't go to jail for a joint even if it is the law and that is partially because the drug laws in America are garbage and the cops enforcing them know they are garbage so they are enforced unevenly. I had a friend taken to jail for a trace amount of Distillate (vape wax stuff). A cop asked if he had anything on the boat and he was honest and handed it over. Note that in Houston up to 4oz of actual pot has been decriminalized--that is a lot of pot. But I guess edibles and and vape pens are not included for some reason. They hauled him 3 hrs via boat through the ship channel in his girlfriends flip flops. He was cuffed around 4pm and didn't make it to a jail cell until 3am. It cost him about $5k in legal fees and probation to get the only blemish on his record removed.

Why did he have a vape pen on the boat and not a 12 pack of cold ones? He is a boxer and was in training. He cannot have the calories. Why vape and not actual pot, because it is easier on your lungs. I would have never guessed that weed was essentially legal and edibles/vapes were a felony. That simply makes zero sense. I bet that if it was the middle of the summer and there were any other boats on the river, they wouldn't have even stopped him for a safety check (which he passed) and even if they found something, they wouldn't have wasted a whole day to haul in a guy with a used up vape pen. He was just unlucky. The law was applied to its maximum force.

We need consistent science based drug laws. Not some hodge-podge of silly half laws that change city to city, county to county and state to state.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-05-2021, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Not according to the US department of energy, do you think they are lying?

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/atv-ev.shtml
No, but I know you are lying to yourself and to us.

You point out that burning fuel in the car is lower efficiency and give us a range. Fare enough.

For one, you want to compare an electric vehicle and give a single efficiency number, when in fact it has to be a range. Heck just driving over 55 mph changes the arrow dynamic curve and power needed to overcome the wind resistance so the static number is more than likely a positive upper limit because the article you posted was a pro electric car talking point. There has to be a range.

Second, you are completely ignoring the burning of the fuel on the front end and the power delivery over the grid. That is where my number comes in.

So no, I don't believe you. If you want to counter with people can charge at home with solar panels? I may be able to buy it except, most people have to get to work during the day thus charge where? Now we are getting into nuance but most people are not going to have solar panels any time soon. Like a generation or more. You still have the issue of toxic waste and battery failure.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-05-2021, 8:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Everyone doesn't go to jail for a joint even if it is the law and that is partially because the drug laws in America are garbage and the cops enforcing them know they are garbage so they are enforced unevenly. I had a friend taken to jail for a trace amount of Distillate (vape wax stuff). A cop asked if he had anything on the boat and he was honest and handed it over. Note that in Houston up to 4oz of actual pot has been decriminalized--that is a lot of pot. But I guess edibles and and vape pens are not included for some reason. They hauled him 3 hrs via boat through the ship channel in his girlfriends flip flops. He was cuffed around 4pm and didn't make it to a jail cell until 3am. It cost him about $5k in legal fees and probation to get the only blemish on his record removed.

Why did he have a vape pen on the boat and not a 12 pack of cold ones? He is a boxer and was in training. He cannot have the calories. Why vape and not actual pot, because it is easier on your lungs. I would have never guessed that weed was essentially legal and edibles/vapes were a felony. That simply makes zero sense. I bet that if it was the middle of the summer and there were any other boats on the river, they wouldn't have even stopped him for a safety check (which he passed) and even if they found something, they wouldn't have wasted a whole day to haul in a guy with a used up vape pen. He was just unlucky. The law was applied to its maximum force.

We need consistent science based drug laws. Not some hodge-podge of silly half laws that change city to city, county to county and state to state.
I can agree to a certain degree, however I though weed was a cure all. All I hear from weed smokers is how it does nothing to their lungs because it is so pure and from the earth. Then all the guys I know moved on to torching up dabs on nails and crap. I thought weed was not a gateway? The reality is, once the bodies receptors go bad, you need heavier doses. dabs are way more potent. The law was fair. people got their weed. Now they want more powerful stuff. Heroine right around the corner?

Here is a thought. Quit doing drugs and quite advocating. It does not do any good for society. It is getting to the point of 1980's mullet guy in cut off genes in a '78 firebird trying to tell us how drinking and driving is cool and that Budweiser is the cure of the world while chucking empty cans out the window.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-05-2021, 8:57 AM Reply   
Why vape and not actual pot, because it is easier on your lungs. "

You sure about that? The good people at Philip Morris couldn't even make them safer than a cigarette.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2021, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Why vape and not actual pot, because it is easier on your lungs. "

You sure about that? The good people at Philip Morris couldn't even make them safer than a cigarette.
Hell, I don't really know. That is his reasoning along with several other people I have talked to. Or how about not having any open flame on the boat. I don't let people smoke anything on mine.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2021, 9:03 AM Reply   
Never heard anyone say pot doesn’t harm your lungs.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-05-2021, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Everyone doesn't go to jail for a joint even if it is the law and that is partially because the drug laws in America are garbage and the cops enforcing them know they are garbage so they are enforced unevenly. I had a friend taken to jail for a trace amount of Distillate (vape wax stuff). A cop asked if he had anything on the boat and he was honest and handed it over. Note that in Houston up to 4oz of actual pot has been decriminalized--that is a lot of pot. But I guess edibles and and vape pens are not included for some reason. They hauled him 3 hrs via boat through the ship channel in his girlfriends flip flops. He was cuffed around 4pm and didn't make it to a jail cell until 3am. It cost him about $5k in legal fees and probation to get the only blemish on his record removed.


We need consistent science based drug laws. Not some hodge-podge of silly half laws that change city to city, county to county and state to state.
Is it possible that the guy was really arrested for boating under the influence?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-05-2021, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Never heard anyone say pot doesn’t harm your lungs.
I have heard it a ton. It is safe unlike cigs and all that crap. It is almost comical the stuff I heard all while torching up and coughing their heads off.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2021, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I can agree to a certain degree, however I though weed was a cure all. All I hear from weed smokers is how it does nothing to their lungs because it is so pure and from the earth. Then all the guys I know moved on to torching up dabs on nails and crap. I thought weed was not a gateway? The reality is, once the bodies receptors go bad, you need heavier doses. dabs are way more potent. The law was fair. people got their weed. Now they want more powerful stuff. Heroine right around the corner?

Here is a thought. Quit doing drugs and quite advocating. It does not do any good for society. It is getting to the point of 1980's mullet guy in cut off genes in a '78 firebird trying to tell us how drinking and driving is cool and that Budweiser is the cure of the world while chucking empty cans out the window.
I don't buy into the weed wonder-drug talk. I believe it helps with apatite (obviously) and that it is a good supplement to reduce opioid consumption post surgery, but I hate the whole medical marjuana thing. It is just more layers of regulation on something that is nearly harmless. It is bogus. It should be legal because I am an adult. I should have the right to choose how I get my jollies or wind down at the end of a day. If it doesn't hurt you in the slightest, why do you care? Short of possession, what crime am I committing by skipping a few glasses of wine and having a toke instead.

All drugs have their abusers even the legal ones. How many times have you heard someone say they were switching from beer to liquor because the beer just isn't cutting it?

I will only consider the argument in your last paragraph if you abstain from all drugs-- Including alcohol and caffeine. If you drink alcohol, you have no moral high ground to me. The legal vs non-legal is nonsense (the whole point of my argument). They need to be discussed as most harmful to least harmful (to society). Your "It does not do any good for society" argument is an absolute joke. A lot of things do nothing good for society--Like wake boarding, but it is fun and it doesn't hurt anyone else.

The part that is really bugging me is that I could not imagine this discussion only a few years ago on a wakeboard website. I didn't smoke for my early years in the sport (until I was 21ish), did a little here and there and now pretty much don't at all. I just pass on it. But I am a wakeboarder--a laid back guy. Why would I care what other people do? The sport has roots in rebellion and counter-culture. Why is pot a big surprise? It just makes me sad that I feel like the sport has lost its edge and I don't really know who to blame.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2021, 9:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Is it possible that the guy was really arrested for boating under the influence?
Nope. Absolutely not a chance. There wasn't even any booze on the boat. It wasn't a party day. It was an evening session on a weekday. They were out to ride. He just had it with him.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2021, 9:57 AM Reply   
Lowering fuel economy standards for vehicles doesn’t do any good for society. Alcohol consumption doesn’t do any good for society. Most of the food we eat doesn’t do any good for society. This could go on all day.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-05-2021, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I don't buy into the weed wonder-drug talk. I believe it helps with apatite (obviously) and that it is a good supplement to reduce opioid consumption post surgery, but I hate the whole medical marjuana thing. It is just more layers of regulation on something that is nearly harmless. It is bogus. It should be legal because I am an adult. I should have the right to choose how I get my jollies or wind down at the end of a day. If it doesn't hurt you in the slightest, why do you care? Short of possession, what crime am I committing by skipping a few glasses of wine and having a toke instead.

All drugs have their abusers even the legal ones. How many times have you heard someone say they were switching from beer to liquor because the beer just isn't cutting it?

I will only consider the argument in your last paragraph if you abstain from all drugs-- Including alcohol and caffeine. If you drink alcohol, you have no moral high ground to me. The legal vs non-legal is nonsense (the whole point of my argument). They need to be discussed as most harmful to least harmful (to society). Your "It does not do any good for society" argument is an absolute joke. A lot of things do nothing good for society--Like wake boarding, but it is fun and it doesn't hurt anyone else.

The part that is really bugging me is that I could not imagine this discussion only a few years ago on a wakeboard website. I didn't smoke for my early years in the sport (until I was 21ish), did a little here and there and now pretty much don't at all. I just pass on it. But I am a wakeboarder--a laid back guy. Why would I care what other people do? The sport has roots in rebellion and counter-culture. Why is pot a big surprise? It just makes me sad that I feel like the sport has lost its edge and I don't really know who to blame.
Never drank coffee and stopped drinking last year. Not disagreeing that wine vs weed though weed stinks to high heaven and I smell it all the time now driving down the road because everyone seems to think it is legal to smoke and drive.

Weed is not harmless. It stunts brain development. Alcohol does in youth as well. Weed users have been funneling billions of dollars to violent drug cartels for decades who then abuse all sorts of people and murder them to get weed users their drugs. Sounds like a very selfish thing to me. Maybe people want to legalize it to get rid of the demons of all the people who died so they can smoke instead of having a glass of wine. With that said, I have been around countless people smoking weed. Doesn't bother me.

Most drugs society has found out that it made the users useless to society as they were not able to participate. Then society had to pay for their hospitalization. That is why many of them were illegal. They tried it with alcohol but it seemed to be the last straw for society.

Wakeboarding does hurt society too. Heck many of the arguments is it is bad for the environment through gas usage and soil erosion. So does youth sports to a big degree as it racks up billions a year in ER visits. All these things have impact to society. They also have positive impacts as well. It is about finding a balance of healthy and destructive. We can play all day as John said. That is the constant battle.

As far as wakeboarding being a rebel sport? Hard to be a rebel riding around in $200,000 worth of rig to get to and on the lake. Maybe it is a rebel sport in a Beverly Hills 90210 kind of way. Muffy did not get her full allowance and only got 10k instead of 20k for the week and had to delay the trip to the party in Dubai by a day. ;o)
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-05-2021, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Lowering fuel economy standards for vehicles doesn’t do any good for society. Alcohol consumption doesn’t do any good for society. Most of the food we eat doesn’t do any good for society. This could go on all day.
Should have said nope. Don't have a thing. He needed PC to search the boat.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-05-2021, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Never drank coffee and stopped drinking last year. Not disagreeing that wine vs weed though weed stinks to high heaven and I smell it all the time now driving down the road because everyone seems to think it is legal to smoke and drive.
Congrats on your decision to stop drinking.
Weed is not harmless. It stunts brain development. Alcohol does in youth as well. Weed users have been funneling billions of dollars to violent drug cartels for decades who then abuse all sorts of people and murder them to get weed users their drugs. Sounds like a very selfish thing to me. Maybe people want to legalize it to get rid of the demons of all the people who died so they can smoke instead of having a glass of wine. With that said, I have been around countless people smoking weed. Doesn't bother me.So you think pot users are "funneling billions to violent drug cartels"? Im not convinced that is their master plan, maybe they just want something to relax with. Do you think legalization may take the cartels out of the picture? Sounds like a reasonable plan.

Most drugs society has found out that it made the users useless to society as they were not able to participate. Then society had to pay for their hospitalization. That is why many of them were illegal. They tried it with alcohol but it seemed to be the last straw for society. Didnt they amend the constitution, twice, 18th and 21st amendment?

Wakeboarding does hurt society too. Heck many of the arguments is it is bad for the environment through gas usage and soil erosion. So does youth sports to a big degree as it racks up billions a year in ER visits. All these things have impact to society. They also have positive impacts as well. It is about finding a balance of healthy and destructive. We can play all day as John said. That is the constant battle.

As far as wakeboarding being a rebel sport? Hard to be a rebel riding around in $200,000 worth of rig to get to and on the lake. Maybe it is a rebel sport in a Beverly Hills 90210 kind of way. Muffy did not get her full allowance and only got 10k instead of 20k for the week and had to delay the trip to the party in Dubai by a day. ;o)
The "rebels" back in the day wernt in $200K boats and rigs. They were in $5000 1980 Ski Nautiques filled with bags of water and extended pylons
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-05-2021, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I have heard it a ton. It is safe unlike cigs and all that crap. It is almost comical the stuff I heard all while torching up and coughing their heads off.
I would assume its safer than todays cigs. Probably the equivalent of smoking actual tobacco leaves. Still not good. That vape stuff is worse from what i have read/heard.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-05-2021, 11:30 AM Reply   
Here is the law and order the left represents on full display. Murder Victim’s family has zero rights , Double Murderer gets every option available. Only in Commiefornia, but coming to a major city near you. Imagine watching someone who took you child’s life walk free while you sit there and don’t get a voice, representation , or support .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...rosecutors.amp
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-05-2021, 11:51 AM Reply   
If I was the parent I would be happy he is getting out.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2021, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
The "rebels" back in the day wernt in $200K boats and rigs. They were in $5000 1980 Ski Nautiques filled with bags of water and extended pylons
Haha. The good old days...
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2021, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Should have said nope. Don't have a thing. He needed PC to search the boat.
That is exactly what I said, but he is a honest stand up dude. One of the best guys I know. His honesty and the genuine belief that it was no big deal is what got him in trouble.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-05-2021, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Here is the law and order the left represents on full display. Murder Victim’s family has zero rights , Double Murderer gets every option available. Only in Commiefornia, but coming to a major city near you. Imagine watching someone who took you child’s life walk free while you sit there and don’t get a voice, representation , or support .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...rosecutors.amp
Does this mean double murderer Kyle Rittenhouse should only get 30 years?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-05-2021, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Haha. The good old days...
I had to text my old riding pal, Was your old nautique a 1980?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-05-2021, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Here is the law and order the left represents on full display. Murder Victim’s family has zero rights , Double Murderer gets every option available. Only in Commiefornia, but coming to a major city near you. Imagine watching someone who took you child’s life walk free while you sit there and don’t get a voice, representation , or support .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...rosecutors.amp

So he did over 30 years and was under 18 at the time of the crime. What’s the recidivism rate for these folks? I thought people who are released in their 50s are pretty low risk as a general proposition?

Is rehabilitation possible? Nobody can ever replace a dead loved one. But should we lock up their killers forever and ever and ever?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-05-2021, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Does this mean double murderer Kyle Rittenhouse should only get 30 years?
Too bad he is not a convicted murderer. Nor will he ever be. But keep posting on feelings , not actual facts.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-05-2021, 5:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So he did over 30 years and was under 18 at the time of the crime. What’s the recidivism rate for these folks? I thought people who are released in their 50s are pretty low risk as a general proposition?

Is rehabilitation possible? Nobody can ever replace a dead loved one. But should we lock up their killers forever and ever and ever?
Did you completely gloss over the fact the the LA County DA no longer allows prosecutors to attend parole hearings and argue for the victims or support the victims in their endeavor to keep their violent offenders behind bars, or was that a willful omission for discussion? Because that’s the actual story.

Before Gascón’s arrival, the prosecutor’s office routinely sent representatives to hearings to argue against early release of offenders. But Gascón’s edict puts an end to that practice. Instead, the department’s new “default policy” compels prosecutors to “support in writing the grant of parole” for every person who has “already served their mandatory minimum period of incarceration.”
Furthermore Gascón has eliminated gang enhancements for weapons violations , and violent felonies .


So now the prosecutors office is by decree in support of releasing everyone on parole that has served out their minimum sentence, not only that they are barred from attending the parole hearing and arguing that parole shouldn’t be granted to certain violent offenders when warranted . Imagine being a parent of a child who’s rapist is about to be let go, you have no representation from the prosecutors office that handled the case to speak in regards to the horrific events the guilty POS was convicted of . You have no shoulder to lean on for advice on how to handle the situation at hand , and all you can do is sit there and listen to the fact ****bags attorneys and anyone else who wants this piece of garbage released has to say , while you and your child sit there with no voice or representation to keep him behind bars .




Personally I don’t believe anyone that takes a life should ever be allowed to live one outside of prison. Hell they shouldn’t even be allowed to live one in prison either. A murder conviction should spell the end of the road , if that was the actual law, people wouldn’t be so quick to kill. The problem right now is that there is zero accountability for committing violent crimes. Who would have guessed we just had record numbers of violence in 2020 piggybacked on all these “justice reforms “ Biden ran on eliminating bonds and empowering further justice reforms for people of color. So buckle up and enjoy the ride. Maybe we shouldn’t even have prosecutors trying cases. The judge should just listen to the defense and decide on how to rule.

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-05-2021 at 5:29 PM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-05-2021, 5:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Too bad he is not a convicted murderer. Nor will he ever be. But keep posting on feelings , not actual facts.
Im 99.9% sure he killed 2 people and wounded a 3rd, but yeah, not convicted yet. Thats a fact jack.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-05-2021, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
That is exactly what I said, but he is a honest stand up dude. One of the best guys I know. His honesty and the genuine belief that it was no big deal is what got him in trouble.
So honest and stand up he was in possession of an illegal substance, knowing it to be illegal .
(scarcasm off)



I guess he had to pay up finally for that “white privilege “. Welcome to the actual true life story of the justice system bias. You know how many white suburbanite kids were hammered with minor drug possession offenses while minority counterparts skate free for actual manufacture and delivery charges of controlled substances? You know how many white business men spent time in jail and caught felony charges for possession of .02 grams of powder while black dealers walk free? I ca tell you it’s in the 1000’s here in Cook County Illinois


The fact that the federal government , state governments , and municipalities are promoting drug legalization and advocating for its usage is utterly appalling and should open anyone’s eyes who actually follows recreational drug use statistics. Since your an Illinois border guy you already know the push to legalize as many “medical “ cards as possible in Illinois came up way short of their prediction , only all the lefty politicians down state that investors in the weed farms and bought the lad and funded the ventures , were now about to be in the hole because of it. So what did Illinois do ? Tripled the marketing, lowered the standards, and made it easier to obtain an exception.

They have everyone fooled by focusing on weed while backdooring hard drugs . Not sure how long ago your buddy’s thing was , but if you actually follow drug trends , vape pens are the hottest commodity in addicting our youth to the drug . They’re used in schools across America and the battle to control that epidemic daily is failing miserably. Statistics overwhelming show that those kids who are doing vape pens in Jr High are exponentially trending towards heroin before graduating high school. There is a reason the heroin epidemic is skyrocketing, all research points to the ease of accessibility to weed at young ages. They simply burn themselves out l, and the weed high no longer does it for them , so they jump to the next drug. Why wouldn’t they in their minds drugs aren’t bad , politicians are pushing to legalize them , we won’t het arrested if we are caught with em , so let’s go to west side and buy some heroin.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-05-2021, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Im 99.9% sure he killed 2 people and wounded a 3rd, but yeah, not convicted yet. Thats a fact jack.
There is this law you simply choose to ignore. It’s called justifiable homicide , or in layman’ terms , self defense. You should read an educate yourself on it instead of smoking weed and hiding in your basement ,,., you still at 3 masks or did you go to 4 yet ?


Still awaiting the answer on ig 13yr old boys belong in lockerooms with 13yr old girls changing and showering.

Still awaiting the answer on how you arrest someone fighting you with a knife after a taser doesn’t work.

Still waiting for the explanation of how canceling piproline amc ekimiting 1000’s of jobs helps the us economy


Still awaiting on you calling AOC out on trying to equate her rape to the feelings her end people felt about the Capitol.



Maybe you’ll commentiing on the new BLM curriculum being taught to Ames Iowa indoctrinating study nets as young as preschoolers with trans topics. Encouraging children to break up nucleus of white families.

6. Queer Affirming – We are committed to fostering a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking or, rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual unless s/he or they disclose otherwise.”

“7. Trans Affirming – We are committed to embracing and making space for trans siblings to participate and lead. We are committed to being self-reflexive and doing the work required to dismantle cis-gender privilege…”

“11. Black Villages – We are committed to disrupting the Western prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, and especially ‘our’ children to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.”

The school district’s recommended lessons for middle and high school students during this week include a “Justice for Trayvon Martin Tool Kit” that includes the following statement for class discussion:

“Discuss George Zimmerman and his Internalized Racism [sic] how even though he is Latino, why he is labeled as white. Ex. George Zimmerman is ethnically latino[sic]–however, [sic] he has the same racial privilege as white person, living in a gated community. He has a light skin color, and he holds [sic] no spanish [sic] name. So Zimmerman is so white-washed, and consumed by white supremacy that [sic] is why he is white.”

A Latino man is judged by the color of his skin and then dehumanized in racial terms because of where he lives. This is okay to teach children in America using public tax dollars and public institutions.

The grammatically embarrassing “tool kit” also says: “THIS CAMPAIGN DIRECTLY TARGETS A PRISON-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX THAT SUPPORTS DRACONIAN DRUG POLICIES, IMMIGRANT DETENTION, AND THE SCHOOL TO PRISON PIPELINE.” It also encourages students to “organize in their schools and communities” with activities such as “hosting a school assembly about police violence, starting a student organization dedicated to discussing and working on issues around police violence and racial profiling…”









https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/28...by-skin-color/


Maybe we will head your thoughts on Biden telling America the CDC expert’s opinion on children returning to school isn’t scientific.
I am sure you’re just formulating all that content as we speak.

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-05-2021 at 6:54 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-06-2021, 12:47 AM Reply   
So all we’ve heard from lefts biggest spokespeople over the past month is how fearful they felt while locked in their safe rooms completely removed from any attack or confrontation with peaceful protestors exercising their first amendment rights under heir guidelines any rule book. We’ve been forcefed AOC’s embellishments , heard Pelosi and Biden on repeat. Where were all these bigmouths calling fit federal prosecution when BLM activists attacked senators and congressmen leaving the RNC ? Where were they when BLM protestors went to Senator Hawley’s house to physically harass and intimidate/threaten his wife and young child ? Where were these loudmouths when Houde Majority Whip Scallise was shot ?


We’ve been fed news story after news story stating the attack on Capitol was led by white supremacy and skin ideology, They’ve mentioned several names of people arrested and their political views. Suspiciously absent from the minute news coverage of those arrested for violent acts during the 8 months of riots in support of BLM was their political affiliation and the constant borage for news media outlets condemning all the BLM supporters tied to Antifa and communist groups .

The exploitation here a single event is a complete and utter fabrication , where were all these words of substance when everyday American citizens watched their life!s work burn to the ground due to the lefts rhetoric ? Where were the calls and immediate immobilization of the Guard to combat mobs of people looting , destroying personal property , and attacking citizens ? Where were the calls for the maximum forces to descend on rioters in Chicago , Portland , Seattle , Minneapolis, Louisville , Atlanta ? Where were the daily news reals of trauma incurred by these American citizens due to the lack of action from the left ?

Just another spotlight on the usual heaping piles of manure being spewed from these commies.


Now we even have an article published in Time magazine outlining the full on assault of our election process , and how big tech aligned with the dems in order to pull off one of the most concerted efforts to alter the outcome of an election as well as the information disseminated during the process to skew the actual facts .

Straight from the article , they’re not even hiding it anymore now that Joe was confirmed and inaugurated .
That’s why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream–a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it.

Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies .






It’s all there...,,,,,,,,,, with a complete leftist spin that they did it/had to do it , to save America. Anyone who thinks this was a fair and impartial election needs a labotomy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.co...gn/%3famp=true
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-06-2021, 5:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
It’s all there...,,,,,,,,,, with a complete leftist spin that they did it/had to do it , to save America. Anyone who thinks this was a fair and impartial election needs a labotomy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.co...gn/%3famp=true
OMG! A conspiracy to accept the election and remain calm. Oh, the humanity!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-06-2021, 5:27 AM Reply   
Next they are gonna try to convince us that a guy who shows up to a BLM protest with his macho-gun and then accidentally shoots a couple of people because he gets skeered is worse than a straw man of millions of 13 year olds joining the trans movement to get into girls locker rooms.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-06-2021, 6:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
So honest and stand up he was in possession of an illegal substance, knowing it to be illegal .
(scarcasm off)



I guess he had to pay up finally for that “white privilege “. Welcome to the actual true life story of the justice system bias. You know how many white suburbanite kids were hammered with minor drug possession offenses while minority counterparts skate free for actual manufacture and delivery charges of controlled substances? You know how many white business men spent time in jail and caught felony charges for possession of .02 grams of powder while black dealers walk free? I ca tell you it’s in the 1000’s here in Cook County Illinois


The fact that the federal government , state governments , and municipalities are promoting drug legalization and advocating for its usage is utterly appalling and should open anyone’s eyes who actually follows recreational drug use statistics. Since your an Illinois border guy you already know the push to legalize as many “medical “ cards as possible in Illinois came up way short of their prediction , only all the lefty politicians down state that investors in the weed farms and bought the lad and funded the ventures , were now about to be in the hole because of it. So what did Illinois do ? Tripled the marketing, lowered the standards, and made it easier to obtain an exception.

They have everyone fooled by focusing on weed while backdooring hard drugs . Not sure how long ago your buddy’s thing was , but if you actually follow drug trends , vape pens are the hottest commodity in addicting our youth to the drug . They’re used in schools across America and the battle to control that epidemic daily is failing miserably. Statistics overwhelming show that those kids who are doing vape pens in Jr High are exponentially trending towards heroin before graduating high school. There is a reason the heroin epidemic is skyrocketing, all research points to the ease of accessibility to weed at young ages. They simply burn themselves out l, and the weed high no longer does it for them , so they jump to the next drug. Why wouldn’t they in their minds drugs aren’t bad , politicians are pushing to legalize them , we won’t het arrested if we are caught with em , so let’s go to west side and buy some heroin.
1.) He thought it was decriminalized.
2.) He is 100% Mexican.
3.) He is also an elite level wakeboarder (for his age)
4.) He is the director of sales at a $0.25B private company

Damn, I've read a lot of your stuff and reserved a lot of judgement because you being in Law Enforcement gives you a unique perspective worth listening to, but damn dude. I purposely left out his race to avoid creating a distraction. Why did you have to make it about race at all? Also, your thoughts on drugs are foolish, ill-informed and archaic. It kinda scares me that you have the prejudices you share on here and a badge and a gun.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2021, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
No, but I know you are lying to yourself and to us.

You point out that burning fuel in the car is lower efficiency and give us a range. Fare enough.

For one, you want to compare an electric vehicle and give a single efficiency number, when in fact it has to be a range. Heck just driving over 55 mph changes the arrow dynamic curve and power needed to overcome the wind resistance so the static number is more than likely a positive upper limit because the article you posted was a pro electric car talking point. There has to be a range.

Second, you are completely ignoring the burning of the fuel on the front end and the power delivery over the grid. That is where my number comes in.

So no, I don't believe you. If you want to counter with people can charge at home with solar panels? I may be able to buy it except, most people have to get to work during the day thus charge where? Now we are getting into nuance but most people are not going to have solar panels any time soon. Like a generation or more. You still have the issue of toxic waste and battery failure.
I can see no amount of evidence can change your opinion but a couple of points:
They are not my numbers, they are the US governments.
There is a range, they list city, highway and combined but yes you are right there is a range between car models too which is ignored. This difference is quite significant about 30% between the best and worst ev's.
How the fuel is produced is not considered in either petrol or electric, this data is just considering the efficiency of the car itself but it does look like they include grid loss for ev but don't include transportation loss of petrol to pump so they haven't aligned the comparison perfectly.
But what can't be disputed is electric motors are almost 100% efficient and electric cars have regen breaking, petrol engines have over 50% heat loss and petrol cars don't have regeneration braking.
That's the point.

What the interesting article was pointing out was if you turn of x amount of btu's of petrol off you only have to add 1/3x worth of power to the grid to compensate because ev's are significantly more efficient that petrol cars.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-08-2021, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
1.) He thought it was decriminalized.
2.) He is 100% Mexican.
3.) He is also an elite level wakeboarder (for his age)
4.) He is the director of sales at a $0.25B private company

Damn, I've read a lot of your stuff and reserved a lot of judgement because you being in Law Enforcement gives you a unique perspective worth listening to, but damn dude. I purposely left out his race to avoid creating a distraction. Why did you have to make it about race at all? Also, your thoughts on drugs are foolish, ill-informed and archaic. It kinda scares me that you have the prejudices you share on here and a badge and a gun.
Prejudice ,,,,, you mean realism... Sorry you don’t like the data driven supported realities that exist. What exactly are the prejudice views you claim I possess. My thoughts on drugs come the the scientific research, .....don’t come from feelings , personal use , and using buddies who happen to be successful as the strawman. I could rattle off about 7 guys I know who are millionaire cocaine users that somehow have managed to live a very successful life. Doesn’t mean I am good with legalizing it and giving its access to teenagers . Feel free to point to the educational data that shows the expanded weed use platform has increased success in schools . Feel free to show me the data and numerous articles pointing to the fact heroin use is down while weed usage is up. Feel free to point to me all your drug research that shows more heroin users these days skipped weed and started straight with heroin. You miss a huge portion of your argument basing a drug legalization argument on adulthood. My views on drugs have changed over the past 20yrs seeing the damage and long term effects they have daily in front of me. Do I believe weed is in the same class as prescription opiates , heroin , crack , cocaine...... No I don’t, neither does the law. Do I support making it legal , I am indifferent. As you know right at this specific it moment my answer is no. Prior to the push and add campaign blast across states , I would’ve been inclined to support it. They way and process its been done is is what doesn’t sit well with me the most. Zero regard given to the gateway aspect and zero discussion about the long term effects of what that could entail and the proper laws to put in place regarding its legalization. The data is the data. You can’t escape the undeniable data linking expanded weed use to and exponential rise in heroin use.





Race was brought in because that is the norm from the left , we are not allowed to talk about anything without first getting all the privilege out of the way and breaking everything down to race. I didn’t make the rules of recent developments........Only adapting to the way I am
Told by the left we need to talk about things. See how absolutely retarded it sounds . It’s disgusting.

Not sure if you understand how the left works either. Mexicans are white when they’re successful and minority when they’re not . So you’re wrong again about how the Democratic world views your very successful Mexican buddy. This from the National and most recent BLM supported curriculum being implemented in schools just across the border to your west .


“Discuss George Zimmerman and his Internalized Racism [sic] how even though he is Latino, why he is labeled as white. Ex. George Zimmerman is ethnically latino[sic]–however, [sic] he has the same racial privilege as white person, living in a gated community. He has a light skin color, and he holds [sic] no spanish [sic] name. So Zimmerman is so white-washed, and consumed by white supremacy that [sic] is why he is white.”

A Latino man is judged by the color of his skin and then dehumanized in racial terms because of where he lives. This is okay to teach children in America using public tax dollars and public institutions.




Those words and ideology above are being taught in a public school curriculum as part of the BLM package.




This story should’ve been very simple. Your buddy had a lapse in judgment. Didn’t understand the law. He paid his fine, went through the process and moved on. Simple as that. Instead you wanted to use this poor example as a reason to champion drug reform.

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-08-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:52 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us