Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-10-2021, 5:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
I agree with you, also, telling Black people its ok to riot because they are black and cannot control their emotions creating bad actors and allowing it is bad too! They are equal, we all are, its our actions that should be judged.

Agree! Just as “being angry” isn’t a reason to trash the capitol, shoot up an elementary school, burn down a Target, or unlawfully occupy government property.

You may be surprised that those of us on “the left” can agree with “conservatives” 90% of the time. We can and do live America too.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2021, 5:09 AM Reply   
Buttery males! Ben Ghazi! Never forget!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-10-2021, 5:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
She was breaking and entering, thats it, not armed. If we are going to use your argument, then we can start killing every person who robbed and looted the targets, shopping centers this year.. Look at the videos, it was thousands of BLM/antifa protests that became loot feast.

Were people breaking into target angry in particular with the folks who worked there? I think it was totally fair in the moment to be concerned that the Capitol Hill rioters were ready to inflict some violence on politicians. They weren’t only there to steal podiums.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2021, 5:15 AM Reply   
Uh yeah especially since they were chanting “hang mike pence” and had a noose ready to go. They were talking about killing spells I and McConnell for days before their coup too.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-10-2021, 5:19 AM Reply   
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2021, 5:23 AM Reply   
actually walls work on some of these trumptards lol

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2021, 5:33 AM Reply   
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...hdogs-say.html

Rod’s buddies the Bundys
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-10-2021, 6:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
She was breaking and entering, thats it, not armed. If we are going to use your argument, then we can start killing every person who robbed and looted the targets, shopping centers this year.. Look at the videos, it was thousands of BLM/antifa protests that became loot feast.
You only need to kill the first few breaking in. Pretty sure that will deter the rest. Nobody here is defending BLM/antifa rioters. You guys are building them into a huge strawman. Meanwhile the Trump riot apologist Delta says that storming the capitol and clubbing a cop to death is nothing more than delaying an inevitable vote, and anything more than that you'd be just reading into it.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-10-2021, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
By the same token, why would we want to turn away even a single eligible voter? The more people who vote, the better the buy-in to our republic.

So there's a balance to be struck. What's the best level of identification you can have and not discourage people from voting.

.
Don’t disagree , the balance to be struck , show a simple form of
Identification. The argument that access to id’s is racist has been debunked a 1000 times over with actual data and access to facilities. The rural population is actually at the most disadvantage here , yet they continually express their right to vote. If they want to argue the cost for an Id , put the minuscule cost into a state funded program , or hell a federal funded voter registration package that already exists. If people can’t take the simple step to obtain an ID ..........well......... that’s too ****ing bad . Some sense of responsibility to vote needs to fall on the voter themselves to participate. It’s the simplest most legitimate step that can be taken. Give me (3) reasons why any adult in America shouldn’t possess an ID . It’s dam near impossible to be a legal, contributing member of society without a form of ID.

Mail in systems with exceptions and specific requirements I also support. There needs to be a much more stringent system reform that. States blanket mailing out massive amounts of
Ballots to every” registered “ voter in their entire state is completely asinine.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-10-2021, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
The trumptard terrorists aren't done. Law enforcement is tracking an uptick in calls for violence after the failed coup on perler and other trumptard and white supremacist forums.

"Trump or war. Today. That simple."

"If you don't know how to shoot: You need to learn. NOW."

"we will storm the government buildings, kill cops, kill security guards, kill federal employees and agents, and demand a recount."

"Trump WILL be sworn in for a second term on January 20th!!," said a commenter on thedonald.win, a pro-Trump online forum, on Thursday, the day after the siege. "We must not let the communists win. Even if we have to burn DC to the ground. Tomorrow we take back DC and take back our country!!"

The analysis cited numerous posts in recent weeks advocating violence on the right-wing site thedonald.win, including one from late December that said, "We will have to achieve an actual tactical victory like storming and occupying Congress, to have the intended effect."
Another said, "Patriots who STILL, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, are too cowardly to condone violence, are part of the problem."
Security experts said they were puzzled by the flat-footed response of law enforcement.
"The surprising part of it is why it was so much less aggressively policed," said Jonathan Wood, director of global risk analysis for London-based Control Risks. "Many security analysts were surprised by the lack of security, and by the lack of a robust security response."

It isn't just the fringe elements who have gotten swept up in the current fervor. Mingling with the crowd of militia groups, white nationalists and high-profile conspiracy theorists on the Capitol lawn on Wednesday were other citizens who made the trip to challenge the certification.
One was Texas resident and former mayoral candidate Jenny Cudd, whose campaign slogan was "Jenny for Mayor."
After railing against what she described as voter fraud and a stolen election, she called for the death of those who have committed treason.
"All we need is one public hanging, and then people will start acting right -- kind of like it would be useful if we still had the firing squad for the death penalty," Cudd said. "We shall see if there will be a public hanging in our future because it is still considered a valid form of death for treason."

"I'm fairly certain seeing Pelosis and Mitch the Bitch swinging bodies from a rope will get more attention from sheeple who normally don't follow or care about politics," said a commenter Wednesday on thedonald.win.
The crazy thing is you dont have to search thedonald, Parlor or any other right wing rabbit hole. Just look at wakeworld and a few of dougs posts. Yeah, im pointing a finger at YOU. YOU are inviting violence. You dont even seem to understand. Maybe you dont want to? Please seek help. Treason is mainstream. Thanks Trump. Thanks FOX for lying to so many Americans for so long. What did you think would happen when you repeatedly told them they were robbed, the left was radical, the left is evil.... Who are the guys with the zip cuffs, the hangmans scafold, the pipe bombs? Constitutionalists?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-10-2021, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Don’t disagree , the balance to be struck , show a simple form of
Identification. The argument that access to id’s is racist has been debunked a 1000 times over with actual data and access to facilities. The rural population is actually at the most disadvantage here , yet they continually express their right to vote. If they want to argue the cost for an Id , put the minuscule cost into a state funded program , or hell a federal funded voter registration package that already exists. If people can’t take the simple step to obtain an ID ..........well......... that’s too ****ing bad . Some sense of responsibility to vote needs to fall on the voter themselves to participate. It’s the simplest most legitimate step that can be taken. Give me (3) reasons why any adult in America shouldn’t possess an ID . It’s dam near impossible to be a legal, contributing member of society without a form of ID.

Mail in systems with exceptions and specific requirements I also support. There needs to be a much more stringent system reform that. States blanket mailing out massive amounts of
Ballots to every” registered “ voter in their entire state is completely asinine.
You should voice your dis-satisfaction with Mitch. He refused to allow votes on 3 election security bills in 2020.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-10-2021, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
The crazy thing is you dont have to search thedonald, Parlor or any other right wing rabbit hole. Just look at wakeworld and a few of dougs posts. Yeah, im pointing a finger at YOU. YOU are inviting violence. You dont even seem to understand. Maybe you dont want to? Please seek help. Treason is mainstream. Thanks Trump. Thanks FOX for lying to so many Americans for so long. What did you think would happen when you repeatedly told them they were robbed, the left was radical, the left is evil.... Who are the guys with the zip cuffs, the hangmans scafold, the pipe bombs? Constitutionalists?
I am not invoking violence, I think its very sad that the extreme's are heading down this path. The left and the right. Politicians, law makers, governors etc have had the chance, on both sides to stop this mess. The media is loving every bit of it. They feed the system and people listen. Its just now has swung from the majority of rioting and violence being BLM and ANTIFA (over the summer) to now new groups (on the right) joining in the hunt. All are out to do one thing, get their organizations way. They have a mission, and have the support of the media (both sides) politicians (both sides) and its not going to stop until the politics change and the media stops. They are all funded, yes funded, no money, no mission. take away the money and it ends.

Its going to be the new news center point as Trump leaves office, and they need something to channel ratings. Even local media cant help themselves and "the news" gets less and less. Thank god for the weather app, by the end of this mess, there won't be time to tell us the weather, there will be too many killings.

I thought this was all about bad cops shooting innocent black folks? Wasn't this the "reason" for the violence and destruction in the first place? Now its got nothing to do with it. Its now been morphed into terrorism and treason.

So what's the real truth? Both extremes says its "their truth" And everyone has their opinion. I guess we have to watch and see how it plays out. I won't be looting or burning or funding or aiding in any of the mess brewing

Last edited by dougr; 01-10-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-10-2021, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
So what's the real truth? Both extremes says its "their truth" And everyone has their opinion. I guess we have to watch and see how it plays out. I won't be looting or burning or funding or aiding in any of the mess brewing
The real truth is that media organizations are businesses that strive money without much regards to moral behavior. But there is something more significant that should not be ignored by deflecting to what's going on in the media. And that is we have a President that is inciting people to fight the govt to keep him in power.

You are being tooled by anyone that is deflecting from that point. Tucker is currently tooling people into thinking that the enemy is social media that is denying them a voice. When xtian bookstores are forced to sell soft porn then maybe Twitter should be forced to peddle sedition. Tucker isn't the least bit concerned that a lying President has turned against his country. It is such a transparent manipulation of reality that you can't help but think the people who buy this are backward knuckle dragging zombies. If you justify Trump's behavior based on BLM then you are an extremist. The rational people know that looting and breaking in is criminal regardless of who does it. And they also know that Trump is criminal for inciting his followers to do that.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2021, 2:15 PM Reply   
Lol exactly, totally unacceptable to force christian bakers make a big gay wedding cake but twitter has to be forced to platform a malignant narcissist. I wish these snow flake conservatives would have some principals they apply consistently.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2021, 3:12 PM Reply   
Don’t hold your breath.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-10-2021, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
She was breaking and entering, thats it, not armed. If we are going to use your argument, then we can start killing every person who robbed and looted the targets, shopping centers this year.. Look at the videos, it was thousands of BLM/antifa protests that became loot feast.
Seriously? Trump has been fueling this riot for weeks(plenty of evidence there) and wanted his people to stop the steal, I mean stop the count of electoral votes, he failed and I'm glad they finished the count that night. Trump wants his twitter back so he can incite more violence, maybe he can go back to Myspace, but I guess they would shut down his Myspace account also for incting violence, what's he going to do?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2021, 3:44 PM Reply   
Parlor gone, amazon pulled the hosting. I'm a little conflicted, I support free speech and freedom of association but also support a company's right to pick and choose it's customers. We for sure don't want the government making the decision about what speech is acceptable so maybe the market self policing is the best available solution.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2021, 4:27 PM Reply   
Hogwash - it’s not a free speech issue - it’s capitalism at work baby. Free speech is about govt reaction to your speech, not the holy and untouchable corporations.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/parler-...ny-1234670607/

Don’t foster and foment nazis and maybe capitalist services won’t shut you down.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-10-2021, 4:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Hogwash - it’s not a free speech issue - it’s capitalism at work baby. Free speech is about govt reaction to your speech, not the holy and untouchable corporations.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/parler-...ny-1234670607/

Don’t foster and foment nazis and maybe capitalist services won’t shut you down.
Yeah... but what's the option, build your own mobile phone OS and host the app there? Getting off of AWS is also pretty difficult.

While I love the idea of muzzling trump for a couple of weeks, I think that the social media companies are making a decent case for getting themselves regulated.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2021, 4:56 PM Reply   
And that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Re: AWS it’s no big deal, the Nazi Parlor could easily be self hosted, the feebs just need to make a couple decent hires and have some capital. I’m sure there are plenty of Russky data centers who would welcome them.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2021, 4:57 PM Reply   
And just make a halfway decent browser-based site; no need for an app. FB ran that way on the iPad for years.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2021, 5:20 PM Reply   
Guns n Posers
Attached Images
 
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2021, 5:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
And that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Re: AWS it’s no big deal, the Nazi Parlor could easily be self hosted, the feebs just need to make a couple decent hires and have some capital. I’m sure there are plenty of Russky data centers who would welcome them.
What's your feeling on section 230,seems to me that the protections granted by 230 allow a much greater range of speech than without. If the protections were removed then the platforms would have to moderate content much harder because they now become responsible for the content independent of it's creator.

That's what I didn't really get why trump was pushing it, they would have had to cancel his account earlier because you wouldn't want the risk associatied with his lies.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2021, 5:27 PM Reply   
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2020/1...irst-amendment

EFF on Trump and 230
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-10-2021, 6:13 PM Reply   
Not only are all the right sided local websites being taken down , we now have the Tyrant Governor stealing the federal money that is earmarked for small business to payoff the debt he’s racked up with his spending plan and failed lockdowns. . Yes you read that correctly. He’s gonna force businesses to pay him the federal aid they receive. Scary times ahead.

And people wonder Capitol buildings are being stormed

https://www.wcia.com/news/local-news...al-tax-breaks/



Name:  74C7A6DF-FBFA-4C72-B166-3463A45DCCC3.jpeg
Views: 484
Size:  165.3 KB


Couple that with this piece of of legislature


Last night a criminal justice reform bill (HB163) was amended onto HB163. The bill is more than 600 pages long, is effective immediately upon the Governor's signature and includes, among other things, language that does the following -


•Eliminates Qualified Immunity for police officers, making them personally liable in civil suits.


•Eliminates Officer’s rights to Collectively Bargain, creating a “special class” of public employee rights in Illinois that can only negotiate over wages and benefits!


• No contractual language regarding discipline and discharge procedures for police officers.


• Allows officers to be disciplined based on anonymous and unsubstantiated or unverifiable complaints.


•Mandates that unverified complaints be kept with no time limit no removal and no limits on .


•Substantially increases both initial and ongoing training requirements but does not provide any funding for increased costs and no assurances that the courses will even be offered.


•Mandates the use of body cameras by all departments for every officer but does not include money to pay for cameras.


•Withholds money from any city that does not comply with the requirements of the legislation.


•Eliminates funding for law enforcement agencies•Eliminates Cash Bail while enacting multiple benefits for people convicted of committing crimes.


•Limits use of force, redefines excessive use of force and subjects officers to criminal liability for using of force or for failing to intervene in another officer's use of force.


•Removes prohibitions against obstructing police officers


•Subjects officers to possible criminal charges of Official Misconduct, a class 3 felony, for trivial and incidental issues.


This is not police "reform" or "modernization." This is an attack on unions, collective bargaining, and on public safety.


Should this bill become law - a non-union groundskeeper would have more legal rights and protections than a police officer!

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-10-2021 at 6:19 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-10-2021, 6:58 PM Reply   
Qualified immunity has unfortunately turned into blanket immunity. I think I’d be OK with seeing it go away. The end result will be to strengthen the unions because that’s how officers would be able to get affordable group liability insurance. I’m assuming that most cops are judgment proof (few assets that aren’t afforded favorable BK protection).
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2021, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
This is not police "reform" or "modernization." This is an attack on unions, collective bargaining, and on public safety.
Unions are a slippery slope to communism, every conservative knows that.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-10-2021, 10:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
People that cant come up with anything to back up their position often resort to name calling and personal attacks. Ask Mark.
Aw, bless your heart, baby killer.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-11-2021, 12:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Qualified immunity has unfortunately turned into blanket immunity. I think I’d be OK with seeing it go away.


Please provide examples to show such
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-11-2021, 2:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Guns n Posers
In the words of dear NANCY! People do what they do!
In the words of Maxine Waters! You find those people. you get in their Faces!
In the words of Hillary Clinton! Deplorable's etc etc

Many more, from both sides, but dont act as if its not on the left. People made a city inside of a city called CHOP or whatever it ended up being called. Please, total redic. these are children on both sides. acting like children, ANTIFA running around in riot gear, with baseball bats, burning cities, under cover, hiding their faces so their wealthy mommy and daddy's dont know what they are up to.

WE can go on forever beating up on both sides. the question will be what happens in the end? 2 sides are preparing for war, who will win? Neither, hence WE are not the people burning cities or storming capital building, but WE will pay for it, dont you worry.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2021, 4:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Please provide examples to show such
Maybe you can show us some examples of LEOs being held personally liable for violating a person's civil rights in the last 20 years? The "must violate a clearly established right" standard had been turned on its head, such that common sense actions that clearly go to far (like cops stealing from someone when a search warrant is being executed) has been excused.

Police unions can negotiate contracts with their governments to indemnify and defend cops (even for civil rights violations), and cops can buy insurance to cover the gaps in the indemnification obligations. In the end I don't think it's going to be a hugely different result other than that a cop may lose at the lawsuit stage (but still won't have to pay, personally).
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-11-2021, 6:02 AM Reply   
mmm hmm
Attached Images
 
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-11-2021, 8:00 AM Reply   
so the dems introduce articles to remove Trump, and pressure Pence to help. What a joke these people are. He has 9 days. If they want to unify the country, they ought to just let him fade into the woodwork. This is nothing but political grandstanding. There's enough people that voted for him 2x, that won't do it again. I highly doubt that the RNC would even give him the nomination. You dems won. Loud and clear the message is and has been....no outsiders allowed

I absolutely hate them, and I'm not a huge Trump supporter
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-11-2021, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
She was breaking and entering, thats it, not armed. If we are going to use your argument, then we can start killing every person who robbed and looted the targets, shopping centers this year.. Look at the videos, it was thousands of BLM/antifa protests that became loot feast.
Well, several GOP-led states are proposing such legislature.

She was trying to enter the House chamber. She was ordered to back down. She chose to ignore their orders. Live by the sword, die by the sword. If it were "BLM/antifa protests", they would have gotten no where near the front steps of the Capitol.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-11-2021, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
so the dems introduce articles to remove Trump, and pressure Pence to help. What a joke these people are. He has 9 days. If they want to unify the country, they ought to just let him fade into the woodwork. This is nothing but political grandstanding. There's enough people that voted for him 2x, that won't do it again. I highly doubt that the RNC would even give him the nomination. You dems won. Loud and clear the message is and has been....no outsiders allowed

I absolutely hate them, and I'm not a huge Trump supporter
So you just let Trump walk with no consequences? Two police officers have died as a result of his lies.

I initially thought the same as you (just let him go) due to the lack of time. But he has still refused to publicly state that Joe Biden will be president on January 20th. He doesn't seem that he wants to go quietly into the sunset. He hasn't spoken to his VP since the riot. Personally, I believe he should resign and let Pence give him a pardon on Pence's last day in office. That would be the best for all parties.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-11-2021, 8:34 AM Reply   
Sorry, but Trump he didn't tell his crowd to be violent. Listen to his 2 hour speech. It's not in there.

Those did stupid things, ought to pay. Just like the RIOTS. those stupids ought to pay the price.

Most there were peaceful.

If politicians telling lies (assuming he did) is a crime, then they ALL need removed

and how about this double standard
Attached Images
 
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2021, 8:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Sorry, but Trump he didn't tell his crowd to be violent. Listen to his 2 hour speech. It's not in there.

Those did stupid things, ought to pay. Just like the RIOTS. those stupids ought to pay the price.

Most there were peaceful.

If politicians telling lies (assuming he did) is a crime, then they ALL need removed

and how about this double standard
Cliff you are a smart guy. Be careful with the memes. They aren't always accurate. The most incendiary of the quotes in your pic is the "blood in the streets" comment from Loretta Lynch. It's not accurate, at all.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...lled-violence/
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2021, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Sorry, but Trump he didn't tell his crowd to be violent. Listen to his 2 hour speech. It's not in there.
While Trump may not have expressly condoned violence, he didn't repudiate the statements from the warm up acts either.

These statements WERE made at the rally on January 6:

“If we’re wrong, we will be made fools of, but if we’re right a lot of them will go to jail,” Giuliani, the former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District, said. “Let’s have trial by combat.”

“Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ass," Brooks said, adding, “Our ancestors sacrificed their blood, their sweat, their tears, their fortunes and sometimes their lives to give us, their descendants, an America that is the greatest nation in world history." He then asked the audience if they were “willing to do the same.”
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-11-2021, 8:59 AM Reply   
neither of your quotes is from Trump
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-11-2021, 8:59 AM Reply   
maybe Shawn, but the Pelosi and Waters quotes are accurate
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-11-2021, 9:04 AM Reply   
Just hope that you treasonous terrorist sympathizers were on Parler.
Gonna be really neat watching the FBI take interest in you.
The whole infrastructure has been archived down to the GPS location for each post.
Its like it was just a big trap.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2021, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
neither of your quotes is from Trump

And he bears no responsibility for them, even though they were uttered to the crowd before Trump went on?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-11-2021, 9:20 AM Reply   
not enough to impeach.

let him go away in 9 days

maybe then Pelosi will whither away due to boredom
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2021, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
not enough to impeach.

let him go away in 9 days

What about not calling the national guard in and making Pence do it?

BTW I agree with you about impeachment, but maybe for a different reason. His actions are absolutely abhorrent and most definitely impeachable. But because time is so short it’s a waste of time.

If he had even a shred of shame he would resign (which would theoretically be better for him anyhow because Pence could then pardon him).
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-11-2021, 9:27 AM Reply   
less, I don't know much about Parlor.

I do find it scary that big tech cant wipe a company out, just with a button.

Were there non violent people on parlor? Probably

To me, the censorship from FB, Twitter and others,the bias slant from the big news guys, is scarier than nearly anything else that is going on today.

But, like I said. I haven't done much research into things
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-11-2021, 9:28 AM Reply   
shawndoggy, that's not a bad idea.

IDK

it's 9 freaking days
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2021, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
maybe Shawn, but the Pelosi and Waters quotes are accurate

The Pelosi and waters quotes don’t bother me. An angry crowd expressing dissatisfaction with the government is absolutely protected by the first amendment. That crowd on the mall last week, angry as it was, was 100% OK, right up to the point that people started breaking and entering.

Preschoolers know what’s up: sticks and stones = bad; words = OK.**

(**Save for the “fire in a crowded theater” sorta stuff)
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-11-2021, 9:34 AM Reply   
There is discourse outside of social media. People act like thats all there is.
With trump its the classic, "well, go start your own then" scenario.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-11-2021, 9:58 AM Reply   
Poor Trump - if only he could figure out how past Presidents were able to communicate to the masses.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-11-2021, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
shawndoggy, that's not a bad idea.

IDK

it's 9 freaking days
I think the goal is to eliminate the chance he runs again in 2024 in addition to holding him accountable for his actions against the constitution.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-11-2021, 11:07 AM Reply   
Precedent, Precedent, Precedent.
They will try again.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2021, 11:50 AM Reply   
If undermining half the countries faith in the election process, not accepting the result of an election you lost, not allowing a peaceful transfer of power and inciting a crowd to storm the capital building isn't enough for impeachment then nothing is. Justice must be served, preferably cold. If for no other reason then to prevent it from happening again.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2021, 12:20 PM Reply   
At the very least I think the 14th would be appropriate and probably is the best solution with the least political grandstanding

https://www.google.com/search?q=14th...obile&ie=UTF-8
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2021, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Sorry, but Trump he didn't tell his crowd to be violent. Listen to his 2 hour speech. It's not in there.

Those did stupid things, ought to pay. Just like the RIOTS. those stupids ought to pay the price.
I have read the transcript of his "Save America" Rally speech Trump gave. Early in his speech Trump says, "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard." That is the only time he says "peace" or anything like it. He says "fight" 23 times and near the end of the speech says, "And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore."

And as other have pointed out, plenty of other people speaking said even stronger words and Trump did not distance himself from them. Say that would be going too far or anything like that.

Here's a nice little collection:

https://twitter.com/Kryptomovies77/s...87411537842183
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2021, 12:42 PM Reply   
The save America Rally speech is just the trigger, the previous months of election fraud conspiracy nonsense is an important component of the story.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2021, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post

SHow me a film made about the dangers of democrats. I will wait.
Death of a Nation (2018)

Trump Card (2020)

And I believe someone else already mentioner Hillary's America.

Now this is where you move the goalposts by somehow claiming that those don't count or telling me that the liberals put out way more movies (which was not your original criteria.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post

Trump was the first America first guy since Reagan. He was willing to take on the illegal immigrant issues. He was willing to take on the internationalists trying to get us into America last treaty's to move our wealth to the third world. He stood up against the environazi's. He stood up for the sane peoples rights. He would actually fight back against the democrats instead of laying down like Bush. Those and only those principles I will back.. Do I wish it were from a more polished guy? Absolutely, but I will not settle for anything less.
Why do you think Trump is like Reagan and in particular why do you think Reagan was an "America first" guy? I can conceivably see someone saying Reagan was about America first but Reagan's idea of America first was about strengthening our allies to stand up against other countries that threatened us. Trump torched our relations with allies all around the world. He pulled troops out of Syria, abandoning the Kurds, and leaving a power vacuum that the Turks and Russians were all too happy to fill. Trump has repeatedly done things that benefit Russia, such as pulling out of arms agreements without negotiating new ones. And inexplicably pulling out of the Open Skies agreement, which has been in place since 1992.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...-skies-treaty/

Reagan understood that by having good allies and good business agreements that the U.S. benefitted. Things that seemed like bad deals could pay massive dividends in strengthening the U.S. economy bt creating more jobs here or creating safe and stable foreign nations where we could sell our goods. And Reagan didn't shred through trade agreements without new agreements in place. Reagan was not an isolationist whatsoever, whereas Trump is. As Jim Mattis put it, "In practice, 'America first' has meant 'America alone.'"

You think Trump is great for "doing things." But you don't seem to care what the results of the those "things" are. By him doing things did he actually improve things? He massively increased the federal deficit long before Covid happened. The trade deficit is higher than it has been in 12 years because Trump severed all sorts of trade agreements without having new ones. That's what Trump's version of "America first" got us. The reason we can go so far into debt as a nation is because the dollar and our economy matters so much internationally. But China is all too happy to take our place in the world economy. Isolationism will destroy our economy and lead to economic ruin for our country.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...overnment-says

I want a principled and fiscally conservative Republican in the White House. I want principled and fiscally conservative Republicans in the House and Senate. Trump and his populist enablers are not those things. But they say the Dems are evil socialists and since you seem to think that's more important than the actual results, you keep voting for them.

Last edited by joshugan; 01-11-2021 at 1:20 PM. Reason: edit
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-11-2021, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
What about not calling the national guard in and making Pence do it?

BTW I agree with you about impeachment, but maybe for a different reason. His actions are absolutely abhorrent and most definitely impeachable. But because time is so short it’s a waste of time.

If he had even a shred of shame he would resign (which would theoretically be better for him anyhow because Pence could then pardon him).
Do have any idea why the guard wasn’t called ? Because lefties have been crying they’re too intimidating and encourage violent confrontations all year. The lefties didn’t want them anywhere near democratic cities in all of 2020z. Not only that. The plan of the DC politicos was to force the guard to patrol unarmed. Under their plan for the Capitol , troops were to lock all their weapons off site 1.5 miles away and then they wanted them to deploy.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2021, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Do have any idea why the guard wasn’t called ? Because lefties have been crying they’re too intimidating and encourage violent confrontations all year. The lefties didn’t want them anywhere near democratic cities in all of 2020z. Not only that. The plan of the DC politicos was to force the guard to patrol unarmed. Under their plan for the Capitol , troops were to lock all their weapons off site 1.5 miles away and then they wanted them to deploy.

So why did sheltering-in-place-Pence call the guard then and they actually came?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-11-2021, 2:08 PM Reply   
And so continues the censorship.

China here. We come.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShanegXrp...053313/photo/1

Name:  BF68E71C-227B-414F-AB64-7F940307AD29.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  120.0 KB
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-11-2021, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So why did sheltering-in-place-Pence call the guard then and they actually came?
They came armed didn’t they ? He wasn’t sending guard troops out there with no weapons to defend themselves. He waited for the situation that warranted their proper deployment. Giving the lefties what they wanted.

I love how all of a sudden the goal posts are moved because it’s not their cause they’re fighting for. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-11-2021 at 2:17 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2021, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
They came armed didn’t they ? He wasn’t sending guard troops out there with no weapons to defend themselves. He waited for the situation that warranted their proper deployment. Giving the lefties what they wanted.

I love how all of a sudden the goal posts are moved because it’s not their cause they’re fighting for. Hypocrisy at its finest.

That isn’t my point at all. They shoulda come, with guns. I don’t disagree.

My point is why did Trump-daddy not deploy the guard immediately while he was watching the American carnage in real time on TV? That right there should be impeachable. Protect and defend indeed.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2021, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
I love how all of a sudden the goal posts are moved because it’s not their cause they’re fighting for. Hypocrisy at its finest.
"The left" didn't support the BLM riots just like "the right" doesn't support the capital insurrection.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-11-2021, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
That isn’t my point at all. They shoulda come, with guns. I don’t disagree.

My point is why did Trump-daddy not deploy the guard immediately while he was watching the American carnage in real time on TV? That right there should be impeachable. Protect and defend indeed.
So now we are going after politicians for not deploying the National Guard to protect property ?

Can you tell me which democratic governor or mayor has been charged for leaving their states and cities to burn to the ground in the name of political correctness by not deploying the proper amount of police in riot gear or the National Guard in their areas to prevent known attacks? In fact these democrats did everything in their power to undermined their deployment and keep them away. Far more egregious than simply not using them while on call.


The double standard continues. The Guard was used properly here under the leftist playbook they re-wrote and protested for all of 2020. Now all of sudden they don’t like the rules they themselves put into place. So let’s blame Trump. GTFOH with that bull****
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-11-2021, 2:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
"The left" didn't support the BLM riots just like "the right" doesn't support the capital insurrection.
That’s not what their actions , words, and campaign strategies said all year.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-11-2021, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
And so continues the censorship.

China here. We come.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShanegXrp...053313/photo/1

Attachment 46138
What happened? Did a bunch of them show up at the capitol on wednesday and the LEO's followed their social media back to AR?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2021, 2:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
So now we are going after politicians for not deploying the National Guard to protect property ?

Can you tell me which democratic governor or mayor has been charged for leaving their states and cities to burn to the ground in the name of political correctness by not deploying the proper amount of police in riot gear or the National Guard in their areas to prevent known attacks? In fact these democrats did everything in their power to undermined their deployment and keep them away. Far more egregious than simply not using them while on call.


The double standard continues. The Guard was used properly here under the leftist playbook they re-wrote and protested for all of 2020. Now all of sudden they don’t like the rules they themselves put into place. So let’s blame Trump. GTFOH with that bull****

Uh, the capitol was full of people, not just property.

So Pence SHOULD NOT have called in the guard? Having a hard time following your logic.

My complaint is simple. Trump ginned up a bunch of his craziest supporters to March on the capitol using inflammatory rhetoric and then when they started trashing the place he sat idly by and made the veep (who was directly threatened) authorize the reinforcements. Trump WOULD’VE let the place burn, just like your despised dem mayors.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-11-2021, 2:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
So now we are going after politicians for not deploying the National Guard to protect property ?

Can you tell me which democratic governor or mayor has been charged for leaving their states and cities to burn to the ground in the name of political correctness by not deploying the proper amount of police in riot gear or the National Guard in their areas to prevent known attacks? In fact these democrats did everything in their power to undermined their deployment and keep them away. Far more egregious than simply not using them while on call.


The double standard continues. The Guard was used properly here under the leftist playbook they re-wrote and protested for all of 2020. Now all of sudden they don’t like the rules they themselves put into place. So let’s blame Trump. GTFOH with that bull****
No.
Its not about "property". Its about democracy. Stop with the strawman bs.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-11-2021, 3:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Uh, the capitol was full of people, not just property.

So Pence SHOULD NOT have called in the guard? Having a hard time following your logic.

My complaint is simple. Trump ginned up a bunch of his craziest supporters to March on the capitol using inflammatory rhetoric and then when they started trashing the place he sat idly by and made the veep (who was directly threatened) authorize the reinforcements. Trump WOULD’VE let the place burn, just like your despised dem mayors.

Can you point to where I said the Guard shouldn’t have been deployed. I believe the guard should’ve been deployed/ activated in every major city that saw protests, unrest’s , and violent attacks on people and property.

My argument is that prior to any act of furtherance , it is no longer commonplace in democratic areas to pre stage police in riot gear or deploy the guard in an act of deterrence because it hurt to many snowflakes feelings over the summer. The left cried and cried about all those militaristic vehicles and gear putting too much fear into them they had no choice but the act out violently. So now all of a sudden you have them blaming Trump for not pre staging the guard before confrontation occurred. Further more the DC mayor wouldn’t approve the pre staged deployment of troops with their weapons. In a long memo sent to the pentagon about his plan for the Guard , he wanted the guard next to police directing traffic. The Mayor’s memo also prohibited the District’s guardsmen from receiving ammunition or riot gear, interacting with protesters unless necessary for self-defense, sharing equipment with local law enforcement, or using Guard surveillance and air assets without the defense secretary’s explicit sign-off, according to officials familiar with the orders. So the mayor got exactly what he wanted from the pentagon , which by the way goes against just about every SOP for a planned protest , and now you want to blame Trump for the failure????

The failure falls on the pussy DC mayor for not requesting a sufficient plan of operation. His failure to protect the Capitol , due to being a leftist snowflake, along with adhering to the lefty playbook for planned gatherings are what should be the focus.




Trump gave the power to the VP who was scheduled to be directly on the ground right in the middle of everything. A very commonly used scenario. You don’t know what Trump would’ve done because Pence made the call to send in the Guard . Speculate all you want. Dems sat by and watched their cities burn. So again , the dems literally took no course of action , a burned and looted trail of destruction as proof, yet we are supposed to impeach based on what what your “speculation” of Trump actions “woulda been”. It’s absurd.

So now people should be held accountable for rhetoric people deem improper to their cause. Gues we should be starting the impeachment process on good ol Joe his first day in office for the completely out of context racial comments he made stating the assault on the capital is racist . You know inviting violence and anger from those same people he’s called upon during all of 2020 to burn down cities and assault people having dinners all across America. I mean his rhetoric has clearly cause leftist radicals to commit acts of violence and destruction all across the Nation. Same
With Pelosi and AOC’s words. IF WE ARE GOING AFTER ONE YOU BETTER GO AFTER ALL .
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-11-2021, 3:41 PM Reply   
IDK guys. I think the biggest question that needs addressed is Why did Trump get elected in the first place.
This tends to be overlooked.
I know that a lot of the people in my world, have felt for years now, that their voice is getting muted.
That the dems are stacking the deck and the media is playing along.

Trump promised to drain that swamp. To change how politics as usual.
Perhaps the voters were duped. perhaps Trump lied. IDK

But these same voters also believe that the entire 4 years was a witch hunt to protect the good ol boy system. The same system that they feel protected Holder, Clinton, Obama....ect.

These people are mad, not because of Trump, but because their overall feeling about things is being reconfirmed constantly being reconfirmed .

THe dems themselves talk about stacking the political deck but adding DC and Puerto Rico as states, giving amnesty to millions of illegals, single pay healthcare.....etc.

They feel like the republican party is being killed off, and there isn't anything that can be done.

Then Trump seemed to get it, but was attacked even before day 1

That is a large part of why people are mad.

They will stay mad, if not get madder, even after Trump leaves....and especially if Trump is prosecuted or censored.

But the left doesn't even recognize the anger or frustration that's been there way before Trump

It won't go away unless it's addressed and fixed.

....just my 2 cents

and no, I didn't proof read or spell check
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-11-2021, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
No.
Its not about "property". Its about democracy. Stop with the strawman bs.
Strawman. You’re hysterical. Where were you and the left when government buildings and officers in Kenosha were being assaulted by leftist radical terrorists and guard wasn’t on standby , where where you and the left when government buildings in Seattle and Portland were being breeched and police were being assaulted by leftist radical terrorists and the guard and federal officers were denied to help ? , Where where you and the left when police and government buildings in Tennessee and Kentucky were being destroyed by leftist radical terrorists, Where you and the left when Chicago’s Magnificent Mile was looted , burned , and the government buildings and officers were attacked ? Where where you and left when Minneapolis , Atlanta , and St Louis were being torched and burned to the ground and while police were being violently attacked and no guard was deployed ?



None of those were democracy related right?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-11-2021, 3:50 PM Reply   
xstar, they were just doing what Pelosi and Waters told them to do
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-11-2021, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
So now people should be held accountable for rhetoric people deem improper to their cause. Gues we should be starting the impeachment process on good ol Joe his first day in office for the completely out of context racial comments he made stating the assault on the capital is racist
Do you have a link for Biden saying the insurrection was racist? or is this like when you said the capitol was empty when the assault happened?
Quote:
I suppose gunning a white unarmed military veteran was ok , because she was trying to enter a vacant chamber,
just making it up again?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-11-2021, 4:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Do you have a link for Biden saying the insurrection was racist? or is this like when you said the capitol was empty when the assault happened?

just making it up again?
We all have to admit, that if she was black, even then it would not have been covered, only if she was a liberal would it made the media, and if she was a black liberal, it would have been insane. So if Trump would have kept office, the left would have stormed the capital building (in protest) it would have been a "beautiful, historic day" and anyone hurt would have been racism or bigoted police officers

Thats the hypocrisy and thats sad, because we can call it what it is. but its now worse, as the media and big tech tell you what you can say, or tell you you cant say it. or they shut you down. Thats communism and socialism and the government (at least the left poitically) love it until its against them.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2021, 4:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
THe dems themselves talk about stacking the political deck but adding DC and Puerto Rico as states
What's the rational argument against statehood for DC? More peeps than Wyoming and Vermont, barely behind North Dakota. Why should those citizens be singled out for fewer rights?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-11-2021, 4:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
IDK guys. I think the biggest question that needs addressed is Why did Trump get elected in the first place.
This tends to be overlooked.
I know that a lot of the people in my world, have felt for years now, that their voice is getting muted.
That the dems are stacking the deck and the media is playing along.

Trump promised to drain that swamp. To change how politics as usual.
Perhaps the voters were duped. perhaps Trump lied. IDK

But these same voters also believe that the entire 4 years was a witch hunt to protect the good ol boy system. The same system that they feel protected Holder, Clinton, Obama....ect.

These people are mad, not because of Trump, but because their overall feeling about things is being reconfirmed constantly being reconfirmed .

THe dems themselves talk about stacking the political deck but adding DC and Puerto Rico as states, giving amnesty to millions of illegals, single pay healthcare.....etc.

They feel like the republican party is being killed off, and there isn't anything that can be done.

Then Trump seemed to get it, but was attacked even before day 1

That is a large part of why people are mad.

They will stay mad, if not get madder, even after Trump leaves....and especially if Trump is prosecuted or censored.

But the left doesn't even recognize the anger or frustration that's been there way before Trump

It won't go away unless it's addressed and fixed.

....just my 2 cents

and no, I didn't proof read or spell check
My gut tells me that the people that are mad are mad for a handful of reasons. Im assuming the majority of trump voters watch FOX. FOX riles you up hour after hour and their opinions (its not a news station) are not necc the truth. Trump didnt drain the swamp, trump didnt solve trade issues, trump didnt fix the deficit, never proposed a healthcare plan and on and on. He had the house and senate for 2 full years, dems couldnt stop him. Biden hasnt stacked the courts, added DC or puerto rico or give amnesty to illegals, he hasnt even taken an oath. Yet your feelings are already hurt cause FOX told you to be upset at the radical mob leftist media liberal dem joe biden who has been in the middle his entire 50 years in service.
The Republican party is declining because of themselves. What do they stand for? Can you name anything? Certainly not fiscally conservative, Not law and order, they did not even have a formal policy in the 2020 election. Their entire party was Trump or bust. And it did just that. Half the "Libtards" here are ex republicans. Clearly the GOP put their eggs in the wrong basket and will pay a price. People like trump come into the game with a history, half the people did not like him for what ever reason, plenty liked him too, but he has a divisive personality and he did divide. He used it as a tool, be on my team or be on the losing team. He blamed everything on the evil dems, the media or anyone other than don trump. Not everyone buys into that. He made a lot of enemies before "day 1" when in 2015 when he said Mexicans are rapists and murderers, he caused most of his own troubles. He made the perfect call that got him impeached. He said he believed Putin not the US intelligence, he said there were good people on both sides, he said the virus would go away, he said Hydroxychloroquine would stop Covid and we have 350,000+ dead americans because of it. He lies a lot. Trump will be gone soon but right wing media needs to stop lying to their viewers or you will continue to feel angry, frustrated and robbed. Its reality TV, not reality. Trade FOX for the Kardashians if you want to improve your life and relax more.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-11-2021, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
We all have to admit, that if she was black, even then it would not have been covered, only if she was a liberal would it made the media, and if she was a black liberal, it would have been insane. So if Trump would have kept office, the left would have stormed the capital building (in protest) it would have been a "beautiful, historic day" and anyone hurt would have been racism or bigoted police officers

Thats the hypocrisy and thats sad, because we can call it what it is. but its now worse, as the media and big tech tell you what you can say, or tell you you cant say it. or they shut you down. Thats communism and socialism and the government (at least the left poitically) love it until its against them.
Except, That isnt hypocrisy, its just your imagination. She isnt black, she wasnt a lib, she was just insane. Anyone, black, white, pink or blue who participated in an attempted coup on the US government breeches the capitol and is shot will make the news.
Trump didnt keep office, the left didnt storm anything in 2016 when he squeaked in. Did they.
There is no communism or socialism, again, just your imagination or real bad info source.
Back to the soda pops.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-11-2021, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
So now we are going after politicians for not deploying the National Guard to protect property ?

Can you tell me which democratic governor or mayor has been charged for leaving their states and cities to burn to the ground in the name of political correctness by not deploying the proper amount of police in riot gear or the National Guard in their areas to prevent known attacks? In fact these democrats did everything in their power to undermined their deployment and keep them away. Far more egregious than simply not using them while on call.


The double standard continues. The Guard was used properly here under the leftist playbook they re-wrote and protested for all of 2020. Now all of sudden they don’t like the rules they themselves put into place. So let’s blame Trump. GTFOH with that bull****
"Protect property"? You have to be kidding me. 6 people have died and many injured due to that riot. They attempted to thwart a Constitutionally-protected process to try to keep dictator Trump in power. Stop trying to compare it to people tearing down a statue of Robert E. Lee. 2 of your fellow LEO's died, do you not have an ounce of empathy or is Trump's BS rhetoric more important?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-11-2021, 4:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Can you point to where I said the Guard shouldn’t have been deployed. I believe the guard should’ve been deployed/ activated in every major city that saw protests, unrest’s , and violent attacks on people and property.

My argument is that prior to any act of furtherance , it is no longer commonplace in democratic areas to pre stage police in riot gear or deploy the guard in an act of deterrence because it hurt to many snowflakes feelings over the summer. The left cried and cried about all those militaristic vehicles and gear putting too much fear into them they had no choice but the act out violently. So now all of a sudden you have them blaming Trump for not pre staging the guard before confrontation occurred. Further more the DC mayor wouldn’t approve the pre staged deployment of troops with their weapons. In a long memo sent to the pentagon about his plan for the Guard , he wanted the guard next to police directing traffic. The Mayor’s memo also prohibited the District’s guardsmen from receiving ammunition or riot gear, interacting with protesters unless necessary for self-defense, sharing equipment with local law enforcement, or using Guard surveillance and air assets without the defense secretary’s explicit sign-off, according to officials familiar with the orders. So the mayor got exactly what he wanted from the pentagon , which by the way goes against just about every SOP for a planned protest , and now you want to blame Trump for the failure????

The failure falls on the pussy DC mayor for not requesting a sufficient plan of operation. His failure to protect the Capitol , due to being a leftist snowflake, along with adhering to the lefty playbook for planned gatherings are what should be the focus.




Trump gave the power to the VP who was scheduled to be directly on the ground right in the middle of everything. A very commonly used scenario. You don’t know what Trump would’ve done because Pence made the call to send in the Guard . Speculate all you want. Dems sat by and watched their cities burn. So again , the dems literally took no course of action , a burned and looted trail of destruction as proof, yet we are supposed to impeach based on what what your “speculation” of Trump actions “woulda been”. It’s absurd.

So now people should be held accountable for rhetoric people deem improper to their cause. Gues we should be starting the impeachment process on good ol Joe his first day in office for the completely out of context racial comments he made stating the assault on the capital is racist . You know inviting violence and anger from those same people he’s called upon during all of 2020 to burn down cities and assault people having dinners all across America. I mean his rhetoric has clearly cause leftist radicals to commit acts of violence and destruction all across the Nation. Same
With Pelosi and AOC’s words. IF WE ARE GOING AFTER ONE YOU BETTER GO AFTER ALL .
The Capitol has it's own police force. Security was headed by their chief and the Sergeant's-At-Arms for the House and Senate. DC police is only there in a supporting role, as requested by the Capitol Chief. But keep spewing your partisan nonsense and making yourself look more ignorant.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-12-2021, 4:02 AM Reply   
we should probably call Amazon, twitter, and google and ask permission to have this thread or any conversation about anything. then get permission from the media mob if thats ok too! this is insane.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-12-2021, 5:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
we should probably call Amazon, twitter, and google and ask permission to have this thread or any conversation about anything. then get permission from the media mob if thats ok too! this is insane.
You should pull yourself up by your bootstraps and earn your free speech.
Attached Images
 
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us