Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-16-2015, 6:30 AM Reply   
Hi all,
I have done a ton of searching but can't find anything on this board.

I was on an SS kine but when I grenaded my knee I also started to pull the track out. Not sure I dare keep going on it.

I was looking at an SS recoil or a CTRL line to replace it.

I am familiar with the recoil and like the pop, but I wish it was a touch faster like my kine was.

The CTRL line seems like a very similar board to the kine but I am concerned it would not have enough flex for me.

Anybody have any recommendations or experience with the CTRL?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-16-2015, 7:29 AM Reply   
I don't think the CTRL line has a flex board....or at least none that I have seen. I have rode the CTRL RX. It landed nice and had good pop but I would put it in the stiff board category and not the flex board area. It sounds like you need Slingshot's Blue Pill.
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-16-2015, 8:17 AM Reply   
http://www.ctrlwake.com/testing/prod...ts-boards/line

The Line is listed as a "crossover" board on their site which probably means it has less (but still some) flex than their pure park boards. That's the board Mike Ennen is riding - since the Kine was his model when he was with SS, I imagine they may have similar flex characteristics...not sure though.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-16-2015, 9:47 AM Reply   
The blue pill will be a touch too stiff for me I think. That board has a pretty aggressive flex pattern.

The board is "the line" and only one I am considering, this was not clear at the end of my OP.

I was thinking the same thing thescott. I just don't have them in front of me to at least hand flex and get a feel for them.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2015, 1:22 PM Reply   
Why not get a Reflex to replace your Kine?

Only thing you lose is the slight channels in the tip/tail but I don't think they probably do that much do they? The Kine was also supposedly a little stiffer but my experience with the recent evolution of SS boards is that the 14 models with the new ES (ever shred) base material were a little stiffer than the previous ones. My 14 Response is definitely a little stiffer than my 12 and 13 Responses were out of the box.

I agree with you that the Recoul is a little slow. I prefer the Response way more, I have never ridden the reflex but would love to try one out sometime
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-16-2015, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
The blue pill will be a touch too stiff for me I think. That board has a pretty aggressive flex pattern.

The board is "the line" and only one I am considering, this was not clear at the end of my OP.

I was thinking the same thing thescott. I just don't have them in front of me to at least hand flex and get a feel for them.
Get The Line and let us know how it rides. I bet it is as stiff as the Blue Pill.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-16-2015, 9:06 PM Reply   
Any reason you're not considering the CTRL RM?

Thats the best flex/rail board in the line up imo

I rode that for a while last year, enjoyed it quite a bit

http://www.ctrlwake.com/testing/prod...rds/rm-finless
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-17-2015, 5:12 AM Reply   
^ I am looking for a boat board.

I almost bought myself an RM finless for cable but live in the northeast and can't justify it for once a year
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-16-2015, 4:35 AM Reply   
Bump.

Bought the CTRL and should be trying it out today. I am rusty as hell, have no ridden boat for a year and 10 months due to knee injury. But I will let you all know how she goes
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-16-2015, 6:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Bump.

Bought the CTRL and should be trying it out today. I am rusty as hell, have no ridden boat for a year and 10 months due to knee injury. But I will let you all know how she goes
Take it easy on that knee and good luck.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-27-2015, 6:21 AM Reply   
This thing is awesome. It is STIFF between your feet, but super flexible in the tip and tail, you can easily hand flex it. It is a little bit "tighter" than my slingshot but is overall a similar ride.

Makes the thing super fun. On a bigger wake like the g21 it rides more like a normal board, on my boat with a shorter steeper wake, you can really feel it load up and snap at the wake. Great pop, very fun, very different even from my slingshot.

I picked it up off of blemboard for 230 bones. This may be my favorite board I have ridden...