Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JohnAr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-21-2015, 2:31 PM Reply   
Well, I joined it.

3 years ago, I added a Deka AGM Group 31, perko switch and voltage sensing relay as an initial stereo battery for ~800w rms total draw stereo, and everything was good.

2 years ago, I added a second Deka 31 AGM, and a 3-bank Noco Genius onboard charger for longer runtimes and future proofing for amp upgrades.

1 year ago, I pulled out one of the Group 31's that wouldn't hold a charge (No warranty help from the dealer...), and replaced my trusty Deka 24M starter battery with a new Exide AGM as it was starting to give slow cranking.

This year, the other Deka 31 AGM won't hold a charge either. FML.

My maintenance routine isn't anything weird (plug in the onboard...), my wiring design is simple (parallel stereo bank, ASR+Perko separating starter battery/alternator), and while I don't trickle charge all winter (boat is stored remotely), I top up the batteries with the onboard mid-winter. Anybody have thoughts on why this is happening? Could I have a passive draw somewhere that is just sucking them down until they sulfate?

I might go back to regular lead-acids since it costs so much to replace batteries. Damn....
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-21-2015, 2:48 PM Reply   
2 Trojan T-105 6v, Interstate starting battery, and a Pro-Mariner 50amp onboard charger, and a Perko is what I use.