Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       05-06-2015, 8:51 PM Reply   
We all know FLF has deep roots in wakeboarding's film history (they just posted spray online here: ). However! Their earliest wakeboarding footage was at the end of some of their snowboarding films--erich schmaltz and greg nelson both had stand alone wake sections in snowboarding films. Going back even farther, there's footage of the raddest snowboarders of the time riding on some thrusters (one of the raddest brands in my mind because I feel they represented a board rider's aesthetic at a time when the majority seemed water ski oriented--I guess we all have a side). Here's a link to "snowboarders in exile" and skip ahead to 1:11:45.

After that, you'll want to watch for critical condition, then Riders on the storm (schmaltz footage with his infamous "mutiny on the bounty" section), and then RoadKill, featuring greg on his K2.

I also think it's funny that these snowboarders were rocking uggs before anyone knew what the eff they were. It's a small detail, but steve grahm is rocking them at the beginning of the wake section. Insane!!

RAD!

Last edited by electricsnow; 05-06-2015 at 8:53 PM. Reason: Mandatory Ugg mentioning.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-07-2015, 5:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for the links! If we're sharing old time footy...I'd like to break out one of my faves
Old     (LukeR103)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-07-2015, 6:08 AM Reply   
They also put "Spray" online

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-07-2015, 2:49 PM Reply   
RAD Thanks for Sharing! I loved that K2 Woody Board!