Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2015, 6:50 PM Reply   
Ok I can't help but laugh at this picture. Please tell me Darwin was near by
Attached Images

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-22-2015, 7:08 PM Reply   
Just a scratch….I bet that will buff right out!!!!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-22-2015, 8:38 PM Reply   
That had to hurt lol
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-23-2015, 6:08 AM Reply   
You know.. you may have gotten the score backwards. The pontoon looks like it took more of the hit.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2015, 6:08 AM Reply   
I don't see any blood...
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2015, 6:30 AM Reply   
I would agree with big gator.
Jet Ski 1. Boat 0.

Could of easily rode that ski away
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-23-2015, 6:43 AM Reply   
I want to laugh, but I'd like confirmation that nobody was hurt first.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-23-2015, 10:08 AM Reply   
Pontoons are usually moving pretty slow...How in the hell do you broadside one on a JetSki? I mean, unless they thought they could bunny hop over it lol
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-23-2015, 10:40 AM Reply   
My friend last summer had only 29hrs on his 2014 Malibu LSV when this girl came into a no wake zone on her uncle's jet ski. She made multiple runs in the no wake zone towards the shore to spray her friends with the jet nozzle. She lost control on the last pass for the day and t-boned the LSV which was anchored. How she didn't end up inside the LSV I don't know. After the collision she collected herself, realized what she did, and took off towards the ramp. A witness on the beach saw everything (weekday so very few people on the beach area), ran to his truck and drove around. The witness took a photo of the truck and plate. Game warden called, took statements from witnesses and even the girl's friends (under threat of getting their asses beat when the game warden left). Game warden tracked down the address of the truck and jetski near by. Spoke to the owner (the girl's uncle) who had no idea what had happened because he was getting the truck and trailer when she made this last pass and hit the LSV. Metal flake and blue gel coat was on the nose of the jet ski but she denied everything. She claimed she powered onto the trailer too hard. County prosecutors only charged her with a ticket and refused to take it to a more severe criminal level. The hull in the damaged area could be flexed with just a couple fingers pushing it in. The inside of the hull you could see where the hull structure was compromised approx. 5-6 feet in length. They would not total the boat. Total damage was $12,000 and no insurance with the jet ski owner which is NOT law in Texas. Malibu dealer recommended a reputable shop to do the repairs and after 3 attempts the charcoal flake never matched.

Last edited by you_da_man; 04-23-2015 at 10:44 AM.