Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bhsupra22v)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-02-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
Anyone know how good the 1100 pound sac fits in the front ski locker??? Is it worth it? Just tired of throwing sacks on the seats in the bow....
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-02-2013, 12:23 PM Reply   
Assuming your talking about doing it in a playpen and not the walk through it will fill up more than the 650 that comes with the Gravity III. That being said the sac is really way to big for the ski locker and can cause damage if your not very careful with it.

IMO I would not risk it, but there are many that do. As an alternative you can get the under seat bag for the bow which I think is 400-500 lbs in the boat, or the 1000 lbs bow triangle. In fact I just saw the under bow bag put in an LSV as a plug n play that worked great. Once the center bag filled the bow bag would fill from the overflow. It drained back into the center bag when draining.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-02-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
Many do it. You will have to reinforce the wall to the engine bay. Some have used it and cracked fiberglass. You should really go to the supra owner forum and ask.

Personally, I used the sku pylon, and put another 450 ontop of the sundeck and had a 750 flyhigh in the rear compartment.

I don't know how your 22V was plumbed, but going to more stupid Supra design, they put the vent tube at the rear of the sack just above the fill, and it can develop a lot of air and cause issues with overfilling. So you need to monitor a large bag closely if you are going to use it.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-02-2013, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarZin View Post
Many do it. You will have to reinforce the wall to the engine bay. Some have used it and cracked fiberglass. You should really go to the supra owner forum and ask.

Personally, I used the sku pylon, and put another 450 ontop of the sundeck and had a 750 flyhigh in the rear compartment.

I don't know how your 22V was plumbed, but going to more stupid Supra design, they put the vent tube at the rear of the sack just above the fill, and it can develop a lot of air and cause issues with overfilling. So you need to monitor a large bag closely if you are going to use it.

This is all correct information for the 1100 rear bags. The OP was asking about the center bag. The 1180 is from the 24ssv that had a much larger ski locker.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-02-2013, 12:53 PM Reply   
Oh sheesh. My bad. Everytime I see the big bag mentioned, I automatically assume they are talking about the rear lockers, because that is where everyone is talking about using them.

I have tried additional weight in the front other than the stock, and not seen a noticeable advantage.
Old     (bhsupra22v)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-02-2013, 1:14 PM Reply   
Yes was talking about in the ski locker (1100's in rear already).Anyways that was my concern also it causing damage just like 1100's in the rear will do if u dont reinforce the access panels!! Thanks for the advice will look into the bow bag for under the front seat,that should be enough to eliminate throwing a 450 on the seats...
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-02-2013, 2:04 PM Reply   
Time out here......
Is this a Sunsport 22V or a Launch 22SSV? If it is a Launch with the Playpen then yes you can and should do the 1100 long bag up there. That boat needs weight forward. Most people make the mistake and add weight to the back. The 1100lb bag should fit in there and will just pop the center cushion a bit when it is full. If you have the Sunsport 22V, you will not be able to get that bag in there, but could do some form of filler cushion.
If you are running 1100 in each of the rear you will really need to add even more weight than the 1100 up front also unless you are running the rears partially full or empty. My $.02....
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-02-2013, 3:23 PM Reply   
Diggs I agree that you need bow weight.

Here is what I would do instead of the big ski locker bag. This bag is the same price as the 1180. and will get you more net weight up front than the 1180. My dealer just finished this boat and is now working on mine.

I chose to run the bow triangle instead but I do not use the bow at all. So should be running 1500-1650 upfront in mine. I looked at the 1180 when working up my system with wakemakers and decided it did not make sense for me.
Attached Images

Last edited by FunkyBunch; 04-02-2013 at 3:25 PM.
Old     (bhsupra22v)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-02-2013, 3:40 PM Reply   
Yes it is the 22ssv, only fill the rears to around 75% when wakeboarding and stock 650 up front with a extra 450 up front and another 450 in the floor wake is pretty solid with this setup...Anyways ur saying the 1100 will work good in the front locker plus 450 on top of that?? This is my second 22ssv and have never ran that much up front..The 1100 up front probably only fill to about 900 or so is what i would guess now im leaning back towards the 1100.. Thanks for chiming in diggs.
Old     (drive139)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2013, 6:47 PM Reply   
I run 1100 bag up front and 750's in the rear on my boat. My boss runs the same setup except he has about 400lbs of lead under his bow sac and the wake is perfect.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-02-2013, 7:06 PM Reply   
Yeah.... You are on the right track. I think you will be alot happier with more weight up front and less in the back. We found it helped the weight sensitivity a bit and let you run a slightly slower speed. That wake is so steep you need to get some weight up front to ramp it out a bit and let you go back further. You will have to be a good driver, cause your bow will be sitting lower of course, but sounds like you got it. I ran the 1100 up front and also tucked some lead under the sack and then had some bags of lead in the nose area and scattered around the middle to front of the boat. I had them in Pop bags so I could move them around easily. made it nice for surfing cause I could move all those bags of lead around, except for the ones under the belly sac. We ran 650's in the rear and ran about 24mph and at about 75'