Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-20-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
Hi everyone.....as Summer is upon just wondering how everyone is looking for Nationals and who is going to wake games for women's masters? Also, the No Fear wake2wake tourneys offers a women's masters division...just had the first one yesterday...the afternoon got a little rough but great nonetheless!!! I will be at all 4. Anyone who goes to wake games, let me know how it goes and how you do.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-21-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
Geri - I am riding in the wake games. I'm not sure if anyone else signed up. I hope some of you ladies are coming. If you are, we can plan a lake outing for Saturday afternoon or Sunday. Let me know!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-21-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
I had to sacrifice one and wake games was it....can't get off work. But counting on you to represent the womens masters, and any other ladies registered. I think there are 2 or 3 of you in Fl. I will definitely be at all the wake2wake no fear tour, nationals,and if I make it, Worlds. Kat...plan on going to the No Fear in Orlando in Oct...I will e-mail with details of my trip...lets hook up and ride together.

Make us proud ladies!!!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-22-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
Sounds good, Geri! I look forward to it!
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2008, 6:18 PM Reply   
kat and anyone else you can come ride with us after the games sat, sun
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
Scott...your GF doing wake games women's masters?
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
She doesn't want to compete till she can do more tricks ie a couple of inverts. We will be there to support though. At least for a couple hours anyway.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-23-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Scott...get a copy of the list of tricks for that division. I will look too...but I don't think inverts are listed tricks for that division. I can't do inverts or a 3...just w2w 180's, grabs, etc. But I still want to go....it's about doing your best and having fun.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-23-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
This post is so flipping long! How many stops are the masters women's division?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-23-2008, 11:48 PM Reply   
Kim...three...wake games this weekend, Nationals, and Worlds. Wake2wake tour is also running the division at all of their stops as well as the Canyon Lake tourneys. Did you decide if you could go to Nationals? I'm still going to Schwennes in June!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-27-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
Kat....congrats on being the first to ride the women's masters at wake games....and being on the winning team!!! Did you have a good time??? How was it??
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2008, 4:22 AM Reply   
Thanks, Geri! It was an awesome experience & the team format was a lot of fun! The good news is that several women approached me and said they were now "inspired to ride"! They also said they would be participating in future events with a Master's division. The pros were all very approachable and showed genuine interest in the amateur riders....this alone was worth the price of registration.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-28-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
Great....tell them to sign up for No Fear at OWC in Oct...it has a women's masters and the one we just had here was a blast.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-28-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
Kate that is so awesome! If I come across some funds I definitely want to go to WI. How exciting! Was the weather good? no wind?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
Kim,
One definite advantage of being in the Old Lady's division was that I rode both days before 9am (aka before wind)! Even later in the afternoon when the wind did pick up, the water was pretty good. The weather was HOT, but otherwise, awesome!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-02-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
Hey Ladies...it looks like Masters Division rides on Wed & Thur @ NAtionals. Any locals up for riding Friday and/or Sat? I'm making my air reservations soon & trying to determine my return date. I'm good for gas $$, crew clean up and of course, adult beverages! Also, if anyone's looking to split the cost of a room that week, I'll be flying solo. Let me know...THANKS!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-03-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
I live about 1.5 hours from Nationals and my boat (original X-Star/X-1) is available to any women that want a pull. My driver and I have the whole week off so we can accommodate different schedules. Our river will be quietest on Tuesday or Friday but Saturday morning before 10:00 AM isn't bad either. If you have transportation consider joining us!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-03-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
Liz - Count me in for Friday if you have room!
Old     (dani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-03-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
im only 22.. i was wondering how i can start getting into amateur tournaments and stuff like that for more experience?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-03-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
Dani,

What part of the country do you live in? We can likely help you find information on local tournaments. Most often, you will have to ride in either a women's open division, or with the boys in beginner/intermediate. A couple of sites where you can find info are:

www.wake2waketour.com
www.kingofwake.com
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-03-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
There is also
http://www.intleagues.com/

and check your local board shops for demo nights and contests.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-03-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
Kat & Liz..is that the Friday after Nationals? I would love to join you for a day. Let me know.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2008, 5:28 AM Reply   
Geri - It is indeed! We could carpool to meet Liz if she'll have us!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-04-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
Of course I'll have you both down to ride Friday. East Side, West Side and Mid-Side! I map quested it and from the contest to where we ride is about 40 miles so that isn't too bad.

Also, if it is of interest to anyone, that Tuesday before Nationals a local board shop is having the Liquid Force Maven Team holding a "Girls Learn to Ride" clinic. See
www.lakegenevaboardshop.com for more info.
Old     (oldgirl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-04-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
I am thinking of going to nationals. Where are you all staying, and what are the rates. Also, what is the best airport to fly into?
Old     (lexirunner)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
I'll be there to watch, since I only live 30 minutes away. Jen - We still need to get together! I've really been slacking and need some motivation.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
I'm flying into Milwaukee myself. I don't have a hotel room yet, but the Radisson in Pleasant Prairie is listed as the event hotel.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-05-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
Kate! get your copy of Wakeboarding mag. YOU are in it! I wish I was there. Anyone want to share a hotel? What day did you say the comp was Thursday? So Milwaukee is the airport we fly into
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-05-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
Our first round is Wednesday, then Thursday for the second. I can't share a hotel cause my son and hubby are going. Milwaukee is about 30 min from the venue hotel. Hope you can come.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-06-2008, 3:32 AM Reply   
Kim - I am up for sharing a hotel. I'll check out the event hotel for rates and send you a PM.
Yes, I made it to page #93 of the July issue of Wakeboarding Mag. Of course, Shaun just HAD to tell everyone that I was the only person in my division! lol
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-06-2008, 4:32 AM Reply   
Dang Kat! You were the one that helped his team win! That's awesome. Us "old ladies" rock!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Ok Kat, sorry about that!!! I was just so freaking stoked you were in the mag, and I rubbed it in my husbands face, convincing him I need to go to Nationals. So if you want to share hotel space, this is whats up.... Hubby will be there also, but we wont be staying as many days as you are.
Old     (dani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-08-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
Thanks Kat and Lizrd ill check out those sites! I live out in San Diego, CA
Old     (oldgirl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-11-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
dani, check out wakeboardclub.com. There is a contest this weekend at lake elsinore.
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
I just bought my plane ticket, but haven't figured out where I am staying. Does anybody need a "roommate"? I fly in Tuesday and out Friday if that helps. I can't wait to hang out with women riders my own age!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
Welcome, Chris! It is shaping up to be quite a nice event. I hope midwest weather cooperates with us, too.
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
Thanks Lizrd! I spent the week with Geri and she said the count was 5 so far. Great turn out!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
Chris, I have a room if you want to share. Two queen size beds @ the Raddison (event hotel). What time do you come in on Tuesday?
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2008, 6:02 PM Reply   
Kat, That would be incredible! I get in around 3 PM.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-03-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
Hi all you awesome women riders!!

Got back from No Fear in Texas and cut my finger..got stitches so haven't been able to ride until today. So Kat and Liz...I am confirmed for Friday if we are still going out. I, too, am good for gas money, cleaning and
adultbeverages

We ride first on Wed....awesome...we get the glass!! Champagne glass that is (don't want to jinx us

Anyway let me know.

Who all is registered to go? It will be so fun. Kat and I had a good time cheering each other on in Texas.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
I'm registered and confirming for Friday if we are still on for the Ladies Day out! I can't believe it's just a month away.

Geri - when did you cut your finger? I haven't been riding much either, but hopefully...next weekend!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
Last Sunday....took the stitches out today....on a riding warpath starting tomorrow!

I'll e-mail you Kat and Liz and see how we are looking for airport/venue rides. Do you know if Kim is going for sure?
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Finally nailed my ts w2w this morning! That was one of my goals to hit before nationals . . . just in time, eh?

I'm looking forward to nationals and will register this week! Yay wakeboarding!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
Great Jen...Congrats!!!! I know how hard that can be. I finally landed mine last month and it was hard work!! So glad you are joining us!!! How close do you live to the venue?
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-06-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
what airport do we fly into?
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-06-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
Ok Here is my Plan... along with my husbands. I am going to do wake games next year. And then Wes and I can enjoy Orlando, do a murray camp one day, and go to Disney World. As long as they keep up womens old lady division. Sorry ladies, but I am doing INT Aug 23rd. Hopefully I can make a comeback and beat the one girl I am up against.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-07-2008, 3:09 AM Reply   
Yeah Jen! It was great to see your face when you landed that!

Kim - you go get that girl you are against. I rode INT for a year or two and absolutely had a blast. Of course I was consistently beat by a 12 year old...

Chris - if you are available to join us Friday please do!

Yes, we are on for the Friday Ladies boat after Nationals. I thought I was going to have to take an emergency trip to FL but ends up I don't. It sounds like it will be: Me, Geri, Kat and Jen. My guy volunteered to suck it up and drive for a boat of women - I know, it is a tough life! I can give directions at Nationals or I can send them to you in advance via email. It shouldn't take more than an hour to drive from the venue to the Fox River. During the week the river is quiet but weekend traffic starts in the afternoon so we will want to be wrapped up by then. There is an OK burger joint right on the water where we can dock and stop for food and drink if we want it at some point. Jen and I were just talking yesterday that we are looking forward to hosting some out of state women! The boys better watch out!
Old     (push_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
I registered today and I can't wait to be able to ride with WOMEN. Last year I entered and rode, but was just put in the women's division which was 19 and up. I'm so happy they made a master's division. Can't wait to meet some more addicts around my age!!
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-07-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Lizrd, I so wish I could make it. Unfortunately I have a 7:00 AM flight out on Friday :-( This whole work thing always gets in the way of my fun.

I spoke to Priscilla via email a little while ago and she said there is 4 of us registered so far. If you haven't signed up yet, don't forget the deadline is rapidly approaching.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
Liz - Plan sounds most excellent for Friday. Thanks for organizing and props to your wonderful man for driving us. (It's ok...he can ride too!) :-)

Please email the directions to "wakekat@aol.com"!

PS Geri - you are welcome to ride with me. I am staying at the Radisson.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-07-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
Ahhh..sweet Kat...thanks I will....that will leave the car for my husband and son to have a guys day for themselves!! We are at the Radisson too. Just have to get Chris to the airport early then I will be back.

Liz..Ditto props to your man....He absolutely has to ride!!

push girl...my motto is I am not 17 with rubber joints and no responsibilities. We women deserve a division to ourselves because we are different from the young'uns! Props to Priscilla for taking us. Thanks to all of you for making this happen for all of us.
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
Oh lord. I just registered. There's no going back now, eh?

I really am looking forward to this but it's a little daunting considering I've NEVER competed. Ever. So it's exciting and a little bit scary.

And I'm going to work on Lexi to see if I can get her to join us on Friday . . .
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-08-2008, 6:22 PM Reply   
Vacation days approved: check
Positive attitude: check

Yup, I'm ready.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-08-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
Good Job Jen!!! You will do fine....and have fun with the rest of us!!
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
I know it will be a great time regardless . . . I always have fun when I'm out on the water. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2008, 10:48 PM Reply   
Dani...come up to our tourneys at Lake Elsinore. Canyon Lake Wakeboard club has their contests there and is open to anyone. We have a lot of SD riders come. Also, this Friday we are having a ride day at San V with Supra and the Valdez'. Come out and ride and check out our website www.wakeboardclub.com. If you come to the next contest ask for me....I will be on the boat doing ropes all day. E-mail me if you want more info.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-25-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
Geri,

Remember that w2w HS BS180 we were talking about crashing on????? While my entire set was one of my best, the HS BS180 kicked my a$$ on the last trick attempt (poor one at that) today. Have I mentioned that trick is not one you should ever have indecision on? At this moment, I'd say I'm on the "questionable" list for Nationals. My back is wrecked - hopefully, the chiro can fix me up next week! Either way, I'll be there to cheer everyone on!

Other than a decent set, a harsh day at the lake....got a flat tire on the trailer unloading, fixed it before loading. And a flat tire loading....obviously a sharp piece of something under the water on the ramp! AND, a gator got way too close to me while I was trying to find my head after the above mentioned ejection from my board!!

PS Don't be looking for that trick in my run if I do ride! lol!

(Message edited by wakekat15 on July 25, 2008)

(Message edited by wakekat15 on July 25, 2008)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-25-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
OHHHH NOOOOO!!!! I hope you can get your back fixed so you can ride.

Went to a lake in San Diego today for a fun ride with us from Canyon Lake and those from SD. It was fun and although I didn't try a very big BS 180, I did land a 1 wake one.
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-26-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
OH NO is right!!!! Sounds like you had an eventful (not in the good way) day at the lake

You and I both might be watching from the sidelines. My knee is toast, but I'm hoping to be able to handle the pain for at least two rides. I can't get to the doctor until the 14th, so I figure I might as well destroy it before then. :-) Guess I will see you at the airport unless anything changes. Take care of yourself and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the chiropractor can fix you all up.

Good thing we have Geri to represent!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-26-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
Yikes! You all are dropping like flies! Eat your Wheaties, do what the doctor tells you and take it easy.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
Yea, the oldmeister is in good shape
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-28-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
he just want to wish everyone good luck!! Sorry I cannot make it, I am trying to get into a Nursing program, and need to save $$. But I will be at wake games next year! Good luck to all of you. It is right around the corner. I can't wait to meet everyone
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-29-2008, 5:08 AM Reply   
Wish you were joining us, Kimbo!
I tried to ride on Sunday after my board ejection on Friday & I fell on literally everything I tried.
I got rid of my caveman walk yesterday, so things are looking promising for me to ride @ Nationals; it just might not be very good! That was a possibility all along though!! Woo hoo!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-29-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
Hang in there Kat...you can make it. I had another heelside edge whiplash today...no more BS 180's behind that x-star
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-29-2008, 10:29 PM Reply   
Kat how did you know my nickname is Kimbo! that is too funny!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-30-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
Luck, I guess 'cause I don't call anyone else Kimbo that is named Kim! lol Sorry that we won't get to hang with you next week!