Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                08-09-2005, 8:35 AM Reply   
I got into wakeboarding just this year and my husband and I got a board we both could ride O'brien vision 140, well it is way to big for me and I want to buy a board that fits me so I can show my full potential of riding. I am 5'3 and 110 lbs.
Old     (islamom)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
Check with the board shops in your area about their demo programs. Most of them should be about to start selling the demo boards, so you could get a great deal. Also, most shops will allow you to apply part or all of the demo fees toward your purchase. You're currently on a continuous rocker board, which I prefer, but you might want to try a 3-stage board. Maybe a LF Diva or O'brien Vixen. Once you determine if you like the 3-stage or continuous rocker better, that narrows your choices way down. You probably don't need anything longer than a 134.
I'm looking for a new board myself, and so far I've demo'd 5. I really like the LF Team 134, which is the same as the Angel just different graphics - it's very fast and has a good pop.
Good luck and have fun.

P.S. Could you put on about 15 lbs. or so. You're making the rest of us look bad!
Old                08-09-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
Jayme,
I ride the O'brien Demented 131, and love it! I'm 5'4 and 110 lbs, and I've found the boards in the range of 131-133 to be more favorable. I agree w/ Clarissa, you need to demo a few different board to get a better feel on what you like to ride i.e. 3-stage, continues, different fin options, and so. Also bindings that fit are key!!! Good Luck :-)