Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2016, 10:47 AM Reply   
Finally got around to doing my trailer.

Only difference is I wired mine to my cab. It's wired in on the park lights so they will come on when you unlock the truck. There's a switch on the dash so I can then turn them off. I also wired out my running boards so everything lights up. I used a quick disconnect at the back of the truck where the 7 pin is and fished the wire through the existing wiring harness from the trailer. Can't wait to see it roll in the dark at the boat launch. The street lamp outside my house is too bright.

The pictures makes it look purple. It is blue.
Attached Images

Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-04-2016, 10:05 AM Reply   
Looking good, what light are you guys using? I want to get this done asap,
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2016, 1:50 PM Reply   
I just bought cheap water proof LED's off ebay. I picked blue but you can get any color you want or go RGB changed it to what ever color you want.
Old     (tflo92)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-12-2016, 7:34 PM Reply   
For those of you that have installed the RGB LED strips where are you putting the controller and how are you waterproofing it?
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       09-14-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
tflo92 -

I purchased mine from SuperBrightLEDS.com. I recommend calling in to verify you are getting the correct waterproof controller to work with the IP68 RGB lights. I made that mistake.... I ordered everything, wired it and go no lights...
Only certain controllers can work with specific lights...something in the wiring.

The controller is tucked underneath the trailer in the front.

You can order the RGB controller that is waterproof. Keep the remote in your truck and change your colors and settings as you cruise down the road....!

I just sold my F150 and jumped into a new F250 Diesel Platinum...so I'll be re-wiring everything again. So much fun..... like bcrider, I also wire everything to the truck. I used a 4 flat trailer wire harness to control the wiring. This way, when I turn on my underbody lights (On the F150, the steps lowered and raised when you opened the door) and this would initiate the lights on both the truck and trailer. I could also over-ride it with a switch panel I installed underneath the steering wheel (out of site) I'll post picks when done!

Let me know if you have any questions on the wiring. If real specific, you can give me a call...
Old     (MariusTitulescu)      Join Date: Dec 2015       09-09-2021, 11:04 PM Reply   
Looks amazing, guys! I was fearful of what installing tape lights might imply, but I might try it nonetheless if it can look this cool.