Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
I was thinking about getting this one, but don't want it to be bulky.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/225/oneilljacketrw2.jpg

Who has a good jacket? I have a hyperlite one, but it's too big because it rides up on my neck while floating in the water.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
and the hyperlite one has too much padding upfront!!!!!!!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-04-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
I havent tried that one, but i highly recommend Oneill. Very comfy and will last for years. I have the Vapor which is a Comp vest, and i used to have the Outlaw (comp vest also) and they both floated really good. Not bulky at all, yet still offered great protection
Old     (squanta)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-04-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
i have the ronix coral impact vest which is a comp vest and i am very happy with it. it is not bulky at all, definitely recommend it.
Old     (brande)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-04-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
I asked this same question a couple of months ago. I got an O'Neil Law, in a killer pink and black and I really, really love it! It looks nice but more importantly, once it is on, I don't notice it at all. I'm not sure if my link will work or not but I got it from skipro.com for a decent price.

http://www.skipro.com/detail.aspx?ID=540
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
and how exactly should you measure? I'm 32 around rib cage and bust 34, so I thought a medium would work and got a medium in my hyperlite one, but once i got it wet it's way too big. So is it better to buy a size smaller knowing it will expand?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
You should get one that is really snug when dry. It will expand a bit once wet. If you can, try other people's vests in the same brand, it doesnt matter if its not the same model, you can get a feel for what their sizes are.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-06-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
I second the O'Neil Law - it is a great vest that is also USCGA. They also make the non-USCGA Outlaw but I won't ride without a USCGA.
These are sized in women's sizes - 8, 10, 12, etc. You'll have to go try one. Unlike other companies these run large, so buy one size lower maybe. I am a 36 bust and the 12 fits great.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2008, 10:28 PM Reply   
I am 32 bust and I have the vapor in a size 4, but the Outlaw I had in size 8 and my Oneill wetsuit is a size 6!

I think you should be ok with an 8-10. My outlaw does seem to fit very well on my friends that are bigger than me.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
I am with Cris on this one. I have the Oneill Siren. It is a great jacket. I cannot find one that is better and USCG approved.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
plus the smaller you are the smaller they Kram all that floaty stuff in.
Old     (dani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-08-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
i have a mens jet pilot vest and i love it! It's not USCGA approved, but it's so thin that i dont even feel like i'm wearing a vest!

http://store.jetpilot.com/jetpilot/product/?catID=46&prodID=134
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-11-2008, 7:31 AM Reply   
so has anyone bought this jacket

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/225/oneilljacketrw2.jpg

I really like the style, but want to know if it's too bulky, because my hyerlite one has too much padding!

Right now, I just use my b/f lifevest and he has a medium and for the most part it fits.

I would also like a pin stripe jacket...anyone know of one?
Old     (brande)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-11-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
that is the jacket I use now and I love it. Not bulky at all, especially compared to what I was wearing.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-11-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Brande,

What size did you get? Do they run small?

I had a 34 rib cage, so not sure what size I should get. I just got implants too, so not sure if that makes a difference??
Old     (brande)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-11-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
I bought a size 8. It was really snug feeling at first but I think that is because I was so used to my old one riding up all the time. I have implants too and I guess it does make a difference, they are harder to smoosh around. I wear a 34DD and I think the 8 was just right. It's a nice jacket, it really seems to come in a bit at the waist.
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-11-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
Audrey,

I have this life jacket as well and I absolutely love it! For a comp vest, it floats really well. I also bought a size 8, but I think it might be too big. I am a 34 bust, but I am not blessed up front at all! I have only used it a couple of times, and it has already seemed to have stretched a little. But it really is a great vest. They also make it in a CGA, but the CGA is much more bulky than this one. It is just such a sleek design as well.

(Message edited by wakechic82 on June 11, 2008)
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-11-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Well, with implants I might be a 34B or 34C (it's still to be determined, since the implants are still swollen, so what size of jacket do you recommend? (I can't wakeboarding for 6 weeks or so too)

Wakechic82: Are you selling yours since it's too big?
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-11-2008, 2:22 PM Reply   
No, I am actually going to keep it. It fits good now, but I am worried with time it will stretch out and eventually be too big. I don't think I could have gone with a size 6 though. I don't have a good boardshop anywhere remotely close, so I always have to order online. I never even tried a size 6. I think you will definitely be at least a size 8. On a good day I am 34B.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-11-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
Brande,

how long till you could ride again after implants? The Doc said 6 weeks but it's alot of chest movement and right now, I'm on day 3 and I can't even lift my arms, let alone hold a rope!!
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-18-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
I'm looking for vest for my wife. She's about a 34b I think. She's like 5'8", 130lbs. She's been used to wearing a men's small Jobe vest for awhile. I want a USCG approved vest that's not too expensive (less than $80) and was thinking the Oneill Reactor (just saw the Vapor isn't CGA). From what wakechic82 and Audrey say, it sounds like size 8? Does that sound right? Is this a decent vest at around $70 from what I found or does someone recommend something else?

I also found a bunch of Outlaw's for only $20, but I just don't want a non USCG approved vest for her. Seems like a hell of a deal, though:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&from=R40&s atitle=oneill+outlaw+vest&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=92124&sabfmts=1&saobf mts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32& fsoo=2

(Message edited by brettw on June 18, 2008)
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-18-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Yes, at that price point it looks like a great vest. I would bet the 8 is the right size. What a great gift! I agree that USCGA is the only way to go. For a little more money I really love the O'Neil Law - it has a different outer material. O'Neil makes nice products.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-18-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
I thought when you guys said Law, that it was short for Outlaw. It's too bad, because there's a size 6 LAW for only $20 on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ONeill-THE-LAW-LIFE-VEST-SIZE-6-USCG-APPROVED-NEW_W0QQitemZ370061498412QQihZ024QQcategoryZ15262Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That seems almost too good to be true seeing as how they seem to be going for $120 everywhere else.
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-18-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
My vest has two versions, the CGA and Non CGA. Mine was pretty expensive though, I think around $125. I have the non CGA but it still floats me really well. I have had a couple of bad falls, and it might take a little longer (very little) to get back to the surface, but not bad. If I ever try new tricks, I will definently put on a CGA vest. I like my vest because it is different, it is a new concept and sleek. To me, I felt like it was worth the money seeing as I haven't bought myself a vest for about 8 years. And I won't let anyone wear it, because I don't want it stretched out and I don't want someone using a non CGA vest unless it is their own, at least on my boat.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-18-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
Yeah, O'Neil makes a "Law" USCGA and an "Outlaw" non-USCGA. Good luck with your shopping. She will be thrilled with that gift.