Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
Boat Type: Mobius LSV $34,495.00
"C" Gelcoat Pattern (2-color): $0.00
2. Color Options - Base Coat: Platinum Grey $0.00
3. Color Options - Accent: Aspen Green $0.00
Indmar Assault 5.7L 310 HP Engine (Standard): Standard
Prop, 4-Blade CNC: Standard
Prop, CNC Wakeboard Upgrade: $95.00
Indmar Assault 5.7L 340 HP MPI w/E-Z Cruise Control: $2,595.00
28oz Plush Carpet: Standard
Charcoal Seat Cushion Rails: $0.00
Docking Lights: $295.00
Teak Platform: $295.00
Pop Up Cleats, Laser Etched: $295.00
40oz Elite Carpet: $595.00
Tower Speaker Clamps (for use with 2 Tower Speakers Only): $125.00
Audio Remote- Transom Location: $145.00
10'' Subwoofer (requires amp): $345.00
Amplifier, 4 channel: $395.00
Sirius Satellite Radio System w/6 month Subscription: $395.00
AM/FM CD w/Driver's Remote (Sirius ready): $550.00
Tower Speaker/Light Bar Combo (4 spkrs, req amp): $1,095.00
Rad-A-Cage Bimini Top (Taupe or Grey): $550.00
Safety Lanyard/Emergency Engine Shutoff: Standard
Glove Box w/ Locking Lid: Standard
Appearance Package (Docking Lights, Stainless Rubrail, Pop Up Cleats, Guide Pole Covers): $795.00
Rad-A-Cage Tower: Standard
Gravity I Ballast System (Center): Standard
Tower Patent Royalty (required on all towers): $75.00
Detachable Tower Feet Upgrade: $195.00
Tower Mirror: $295.00
Depth Finder: $295.00
Wakeboard Racks (set of 2): $395.00
Gravity III Ballast System (1 front, bag, 2 rear bags): $650.00
PerfectPass - Wakeboard Pro: $1,195.00
Single Torsion Axle W/ Disc Brakes: Standard
Swingaway Tongue, Color Matched: Standard
Guide Pole Covers: $50.00
Paint Over Galvanized (requires Galvanized Frame option): $550.00
Galvanized Frame, Single or Tandem Axle: $695.00

Standard Options
100% Hand-laid Fiberglass, Indmar Assault 5.7l 310HP Engine, Three Year Transferable Engine Warranty, Rack and Pinion Steering, Full Instrumentation, Rise-R Driver's Seat, Safety Equipment, 28oz Plush Carpet, Single Torsion Axle Boatmate Trailer with Disc Brakes. Mobius Series is also standard with Rad-A-Cage Tower, Gravity I Ballast System, and Mobius Graphics!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL US $47,455.00
Price Quoted is Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price for boat, trailer and options listed. Price does not include freight to destination, taxes, duties, dealer prep, or dealer installed options. All prices are quoted in US Dollars.
Old     (ewater)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-12-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Why did you get the appearance package twice?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-12-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
to increase the price!
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       01-12-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
I think its interesting that a manufacturer has to respond to a public forum to justify why their prices are as low as they are?

This thread got off to a bad start because of the word "cheap". Reasonable would have been a better word. Personally, I don't think mid-$30's for a 21' boat is all that low. I've followed the inboard market since the 80's, and the high-end wakeboard boat market has opened up all kinds of price-point and niche opportunities.

Think about how many different cars and trucks you can get into for $35K. It is not a small chunk of change.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
"This post is full of alot of morons"-EWATER Jones (ewater)

Yeah like morons that dont know that a lot is two separate words. If you read my post, I did not single out Moomba's, I said compitition. I even said that I could not speak for any other boat manufacturer, just what I know about MC. So put that in you pipe and smoke it.....

By the way, you get what you pay for, enjoy your boat. And like my first post said, all the new wakeboard boats will do a job good enough for what you need, but I cant help it if some of you want less in life than the rest of us.....
Old     (ewater)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-12-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
Byrd said you

Yeh, my previous comments towards you still stand.

Actually, I'm surprised you didn't use the steak and hamburger analogy.

(Message edited by EWATER on January 12, 2006)
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-12-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Seriously Byrd, you should stop while you're behind. Oh yeah, and if you want to nitpick ewaters "alot", you should look at your "compitition". Just give it a rest.
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-12-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Rick-
Thanks for the info.

Marty-
The article for build process for SC was really informative. It would be nice to have an article similar to that for the other manufacturer's as well.

Esomething-
I think the thread starts to go downhill when you have to create a new WW account to post what you really think...
Old     (ewater)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-12-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
Why Patrick....Have you been studying my profile? I don't post that often and I forgot my username. Listen, I have no criticism with any of the inboard manufacturers. I have a problem with the misinformed informing people seeking to be informed. I do agree with the thread going downhill, I just disagree where it starts.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-12-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
This has got to be the dumbest f^&king discussion ever.
Mastercraft is the best built boat, because that is what I have. If I had a BU, it would be the best built boat. If I had a CC, it would be the best built boat. If I had a Supra, it would be the best built boat. IF I had a Moomba, it would be the best built boat. If I had a Tige, it would be the best built boat. If I had an epic, it would be the best built boat. If I had a seedoo, nevermind that one... you get the point. People are going to defend their purchases all day long because you would never buy a second rate product right? A boat is a boat. If it float,holds beer and girls, who gives a rats a$$.
Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
ok so take out the 795, i still paid alot les for way more boat
Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
Does anyone else think Moomba really sucks??

That's a joke- it had been almost 10 mins. since the last post and I was trying to stir it up again.
Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
buying one for 32k is a joke. if you want options in it add 15k, then get an x-1 instead
Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Uh oh. Matt started it. Wait for the 15 mad posts now........

By the way, my MC Dealer quoted me 61K OTD for new X2 with MCX and 2 Speakers.

I'll be buying demo or saving for 2 yrs. before buying that. Looks like the 04-05 Nautique 211 is in my future for low-mid 40's instead.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-12-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
Matt- The numbers you quoted in your previous post with the MSRP of the LSV are NOT correct! What did you do, go onto Moomba.com and choose every option possible without thinking if you were choosing the same options? First of all, you duplicated a few things which tells me you didn't put much thought into it. And by your other posts on here, you didn't put much thought into them either! You chose the Apperance package which includes: Stainless steel rubrail, lights and cleats. But then you also chose those options individually and included them in the price. Why?!? Didn't put much thought into it now did ya? You also chose the Tower speaker/light combo. You then chose tower speaker clamps. Did you call the local SC dealer to find out if you had to order those separately? No? Again, not thinking this out now are we? So let's correct your mistakes (Actually that would take more than just posting on WW! ) and let's take off the price of the duplicated items which equates to $775.00.

Next, let's discuss your supposed deal that got you an X-1 for $44,455.00 loaded with all the options you listed above. Hmmmmm.......I'm smelling BS here. Let's look at just the options. Your base price is $39,995.00. Which leaves $4,460.00 for all the options you listed above. Let's list them all which brings up another point. On the MC website they don't have all the options you listed. Either 1. They don't offer them or 2. They don't have them listed which is a little surprising. Let's use the Websites as our guide and look at what they offer. Here's what MC does NOT offer on their website: Sirius Satelite w/ 6 month subscription, Detachable Tower feet, Galvanized Trailer, Paint over galvanize. But yet, these are all options you equated $$$ to on the LSV price quote. Let me be clear, I'm not saying they don't offer them, I just don't see them on their website. Let's assume they do and you have all these options. So what you are saying is that for $4,460.00 you got the following:

-2 Color Gel Coat
-Accent color in the interior (Standard?)
-MCX engine upgrade
-Docking lights
-Teak Platform (Which could be standard?)
-Cleats
-Amp
-Sub
-Stereo w/ 4 speakers
-Tower speakers
-Tower Lights
-Transom remote
-Sirius Satelite w/ 6 month subscription
-Bimini
-Stainless Rub rail
-Detachable Tower feet
-Tower mirror mount w/ mirror
-Depth finder
-Board racks
-KGB Ballast (3 Bag)
-Perfect Pass (Remember, that's $1,200.00 ALONE!)
-Guide Pole covers
-Galvanized trailer
-Paint over galvanized trailer.

All that ^ for $4,460.00?????? That my friend would be the deal of the century and one MC dealer that would go out of business. In fact, get me that deal and I'll sell my Moomba and buy a MC tomorrow!!!!!

So Matt, I challenge you......Back it up!!!

(Message edited by kraig on January 12, 2006)
Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
ok, you want pictures? whats my prize for taking photos at 1120 pm?
Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
actually, screw this, if your too stupid to do your own homework and buy the best boat on the market and get a good deal on it so be it, take it up the ass on your p.o.s. moomba. banks treat them like kias, they wont even finance them for 15 years because they are considered disposable.

they dont offer some of those things because they are standard dumbass
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-12-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
Wow, Matt got his panties in a bunch. Let's not get negative now. Just because you got called on your BS don't go getting mad at me. To address your comment the options that can't be found are standard is yet another comment of defeat as you retreat back into your hole. Come on Matt, you're smarter than this! Sirius Satelite w/ 6 month subscription is standard? Detachable tower feet? Galvanized trailer? Could someone help enlighten young Matt and I. Are these standard on an X-1? See Matt, when I don't know something I ask, I don't attack and spew lies. I can sense alot of MC owners cringing that you own a MC and are representing the brand this way. Remember, there are still a few options you listed and equated $$$ to that I didn't address. I thought I had called you on enough of your BS but yet you still want to play..... If I need to do more research I will, but the research I did took me a whole 5 minutes and it called you on alot of BS. If I do more all I will do is find more of your BS and I will have to call you on it as well. Is that what you want? Because I can do that.......seriously. Should I continue the exposing of an extremely Un-informed person who just spewes misinformation about a product they know very little about? Should I?

Ok, now should I address your other comments that obviously expose who you really are. Having to resort to personal attacks with profanity. It's a big sign of a lack in intelligence.

As for the financing, again another example of you spewing out garbage and exposing how misinformed you really are!!! Show me evidence where a bank says that Moombas (not wakeboard boats or boats in general) are disposable. Because my bank didn't say or show that anywhere. Show me the proof and I'll back off ya. But remember, you brought this onto yourself and you keep asking for more.

Waiting for your next comment......
Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
this site is a pain in the ass to post pictures on so im not going to fool with it. your going to bed tonight thinking that you have a nice boat that is cheaper than the rest. im going to bed tonight knowing that i have the best boat on the market loaded with options you cant even get in your moomba and many other goodies that were standard for me that you have to pay for, and i paid about the same as you.

the comment about the financing came from a dealer and im far too lazy to try to look it up online.

have fun in your boat, i hope you dont have too much negative equity when you go to trade.
Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
your daddy
Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 9:02 PM Reply   
tower
Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
what does your moomba look like?
Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
carpeted ballast box
Old    mplv            01-12-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
good night, sleep tight
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-13-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
Damn, this got intense since the last time I read it. Matt seems pretty pist. It is just a post guys remember. Just to let you know Matt, whoever told you MC is the best on the market was full of it.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-13-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
What the hell are tower feet? The PP, ballast, and stereo are standard on MCs. I don't know about the rest.
Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-13-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding is just a hobby. Just something fun to do. I think that most of the wakeboard boats outside the Big 3 are fine. Seems like MC has Matt brain-washed. He is taking offense to it like MC is a religion... Just don't drink the Cool-Aid Matt.
Old    as_boats            01-13-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
Nice boat matt, i like your motor, but Moomba's aren't suppose to get a ton of options on the boat to inflate it to MC or Supra price why would anyone do that, just buy the Supra with pretty much every option you would want. Moomba's are the BEST BOAT for the $$$$$$$$ but if you try and load them up with tons of options it doen't make sense.
We have two brand 2006 mobious lsv's on the lot right now for $40,995 with, Perf package(wakeplate,325hp efi,pefect pass wakeboard pro) Apperance Package(docking lights, Stainless rubrail, laser etched cleats, trailer guide pole covers)CnC 4 blade prop,water strainer,bow filler cushion, kenwood cd/mp3 player, transom stereo remote, cockpit cover and bow, depth finder 3 bag ballast, rad-a cage tower, and wakeboard racks

What the hell else would you ever want, maybe tower speakers, but you can always go aftermaket for less $$ there is no reason for getting all those options that you got to make the boat so much money
Bottom line Mastercraft,Moomba,Malibu,CC,Supra they are all good man, they are all good boats
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-13-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
{banks treat them like kias, they wont even finance them for 15 years because they are considered disposable. }

That's some very good information, although it is no where close to the truth. We have done over fifty 15 year deals on Moombas over the past few years, and we have done a few 20 year deals as well.

It is too funny to watch people come on these message boards and get all up tight because they are not confident in their purchase. If you are stoked about your new X-1, then that's great, but don't put others down because they went with a different brand than what you went with.

Some buyers make their own decisions instead of letting marketing tell them what to buy.

McFly
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-13-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
One thing I will say in Matt's defense is that depending on the dealer is what comes standard.

Some dealers make their boats pretty loaded on everybody else's sheet but standard on the certain dealers sheet.

CALIFORNIA SKIER in Elsinore is one of those Dealers that everything comes standard on the boat,they have COMPLETE PACAGES,so when you get on the lake,there is no such thing as...oh I didn't get the pull out cleats.I will also say that when boats come loaded as California Skier has and sells them as a package deal....the price is not so inflated and you get a Completely FULLY LOADED boat for a better price.

The only upgrades that were available are

MCX engine
PP
heater
shower
docking lights
stainless steel rubrail

EVERYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF IS STANDARD at California Skier.Now go somewhere else and they will have different packages.

These days all inboards are great wake boats.

I think Moomba is a great boat but like someone mentioned,keep the features off of it otherwise you are getting up there in price,no matter how you look at it.
Old    mplv            01-13-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
put my jl audio setup in your 40,995 boat and its the same price as my boat. you still need a bimini top and several other things but what the hell, who cares. who would spend 41k on a boat and not get a thumpin system?

the whole argument in this thread was that moombas were sooo much cheaper $$,$$$ wise, which is the only reason people look at the moombas, people think its a ton cheaper but in reality when you put the proper options on it you can get a better boat for the same money.

even if everything between the two were identical you have to take the mastercraft for the superior resale value
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-13-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
WOW!! Matt sound's like you're trying to justify you're purchase on you're boat. Just listen to what every one has to say. Don't try to force you're thoughts on every one. MC's and every other boat are great boat's. Me personally I think MC is over priced. I don't understand why you would tell someone their boat is crap. That's just wrong. Let them enjoy their boat. As long as they like it that's all that matter's. Remember they paid for it not you. This is suppose to be fun not who has the best boat!!!!!
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-13-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
The resale value is probably the first valid point that Matt made that was unbiased. There really is no response to that, because the resale on the top 3 are just higher than the rest. I don't think anyone can argue that.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-13-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
I would have to agree with you Aaron. MCs are overpriced along with a lot of other brands. 50K for a 21-22ft boat is crazy, and that is coming from an MC owner.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-13-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
No arguement on that. It is the people that keep the resale so high. If people stop buying MC what would happen to the resale. In my area I see more used MC'S for sale than any others. Why?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-13-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Boy, I have been following this one thread for days. Oh well time to chime in. I did own a Moomba Outback and it was a very good boat and when I decided to upgrade to a vdrive it was between 06 LSV or a 05 (new) Supra 22SSV. I picked the Supra.

Matt, Your X-1 is a very nice boat. I just thought the seating was a little tight. MC's make a great boat along with all the others. Anymore there are no poor made wakeboard boats.

It's kind of like griping that you like German cars over cars built in Japan.

I went to the end of year boat show here in town back in November. There was a MC dealer there along with a BU. Thought I would give both of them a look. They had a X9 there and were asking over 50K for a 05 model. I spoke with the salesman about pricing a 06 X2 and he came back at over 65K with the options I wanted. Needless to say to much in my book, or at least my check book.

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-13-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
people just need to quit spending that much money, and they would have to drop the prices. 50k for an x9 is out of control. Its a DD ski boat in wake clothing. Not that I don't like the X9, but I would never spend that kind of dough on a DD.
Old    as_boats            01-13-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Matt I am surprised that you got your boat for that much, the Mastercraft dealer around here didn't even have one wakeboard boat under $50,000 at the last boat show. Did you buy it brand new or was it a demo? If you really did pay that much i would have bought your boat too, it's a sweet boat like i said before but you must have missed that one .
Also every year the boat prices go up on all brands so even your same boat this year is gonna be more than what you payed, so the Moomba is still gonna be cheaper even with your JL audio system(nice choice i got JL subs in both my cars) The new 06 lsv is more expensive then its ever been but its also almost 22 feet with a 97" beam and it's deeper then last years too by a lot so it's bigger then most boats in its price range with a bigger wake, and the interior looks really good this year also
i still love my 2005 22 SSV gravity edition Supra better though
So in the theory, that some people think on here that a less expensive boat can't be built as good as a more expensive boat, I guess my Supra wins because it was about $10,000 more than your lovely Mastercraft
Old    as_boats            01-13-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
Also Matt I know a 06 LSV has way more storage and seating then your boat, and i bet that it's got a better wake too
Old     (heem)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
I keep seeing the term the "Big 3" or "Top 3" use frequently. I have been told that the big 3 is regards to sales of boats. If this is true then one of the "Big 3" is now #4 because Skiers Choice (Moomba/Supra) occupies the 3rd spot in terms of sales for 2005.

Also, in researching boats for next season I have looked at new and used as well. Checking web sites for used boats I find that there are an overwhelming amount of Malibus, Mastercrafts, Nautiques, Sangers, MB, and so on for sale. However I have found virtually no Moombas or Supras, certainly not in the same quantity as the others. Draw your own conclusions as to why.

Skiers Choice was formed by ex MC people so I think they probably know a thing or two about boats. Yes you can outfit a Moomba to the point of pushing the price of other boats but other boats can't be stripped down enough to match Moomba's price point for people just starting out in boating. This way everyone can enjoy a great summer day on the lake. Don't hack people because they either can't afford or choose not to afford a 60+k boat that can do virtually the same thing a less expensive boat can.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-13-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
I have been in sales most of my life, I will never forget the time we had a marketing company come in an talk to us about sales and marketing tips. When the John Deer Mower and tractor line came out sales were not as good as they hoped. So they came up with a marketing stradegy that would say they were of higher quality and raised the price a few thousand dollars. Guess what, the stradegy worked, John Deer sales took off. Go into your grocery store, pick up a bottle of Bayer asprin with 100 pills in it. pick up a generic brand with 100 pills in it. Read the ingredients, exactly the same!!!! Guess what? the price is about half of what Bayer is why? The cost of mareting this product as better then all the others.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   

Matt you paid 44,500 for an X-1....but was that the MSRP?
Old    as_boats            01-13-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
Big three
1.Malibu
2.Mastercraft
3.Skiers Choice (Moomba & Supra)
Old    as_boats            01-13-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
And Matt those LSV's do have the bimini option i forgot to list it what year is your boat?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-13-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
If its an X-1 then its an 06. Charlie, you being a dealer should know that knocking other brands will get you nowhere. All your doing now is talking crap and trying to piss matt off.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-13-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Who pays MSRP for a boat anyways???
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
That was kinda my point. Is Matt comparing MSRP to a deal he got, or MSRP to MSRP?
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-13-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Good point about MSRP, isn't the general rule of thumb something like 15-20% off MSRP for these boats?
Daniel's got a good point about the marketing side.
I guess my bank owns the Big 1.
Old    as_boats            01-13-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
Paul ,
I am not knocking other boats,if you look at my previous post you would see that i said all the inboard ski boat brands are all good, and i said that Matt's boat was nice and i like it. I actually like Mastercrafts quite a bit, i would probably buy one over a Malibu if i couldn't have a Supra, however i still think that Moomba's are the best deal and people always try and talk crap about them because they don't know how they are built. And Paul when i am selling a boat i don't knock other brands, i don't even mention them, i don't have too, the Moomba sells itself on price and fit and finish
And by the way we were a Malibu dealer for 9 years,2003 being our last year so i have driven and owned several nice Malibu's including a loaded 2003 Wakesetter LSV with a 375 hp. i still like those boats too, so believe me i am not knocking other brands of boats i like them all, i am merely responding to the insults and B.S that people our saying about the brands that i sell, and the brands that i like best because of my own experiences and judgement.

Thats what makes the world go around , if we all drove and had the same boats how boring would life be?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-13-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
Charlie, Well put..
Old    as_boats            01-13-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
2003 Wakesetter VLX, not LSV sorry I am so use to Moomba's now
Old    as_boats            01-13-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
Thanx insuranceman ,at least someone on here doesn't have a attitude
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-13-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Charlie,
I think you make some decent points. The only problem is that you sell Moombas. I'm sure when you sold Malibu's they were your favorite and if next week the dealership changed to MC it would be your favorite. It is like asking a pro what his favorite boat is. He is going to say the one he represents.
Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
Since the orignal question was about an Outback V for 36K, not Moombas in general, would you rather own this brand new, or a 03-04 X2, or similar BU( VLX) that had 150 hrs on it, and was in perfect condition? You drive into the lot, no ones looking, and can hook your truck up to either and drive away. Anyone? Beuler? Bueler?
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-13-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
How come no one is complaining about why Nautiques are so dang pricey? I mean, if anything, Matt should be talking about how much cheaper his X-1 is compared to a SANTE 210!
Old    bocephus            01-13-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
Sanger!!

Don't forget the best deal in boats!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-13-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Good point on if Matt was comparing MSRP to MSRP. We know he wasen't due to his comment that the MSRP of the LSV is $3K higher than what he paid for his X-1. I didn't call him on that, I called him on enough and plenty more that he could be called on. The question is though.....what did Matt pay for his X-1 with ALL the options that he listed for the LSV that he says he has.

Matt- Still waiting for that price with all those options......

Also, does the X-1 come with Sirius Satelite w/ 6 month subscription standard? Detachable tower feet standard? Galvanized trailer standard? Paint over galvanized trailer standard? I don't know and would love to hear from someone who does know for a fact and has researched the X-1. Also, Matt said that he has options on his X-1 that Moomba does not offer. Anyone know what these are? Thanks for the info in advance.

Also, I like the X-1. It's a very nice boat. Keep in mind that as we all know it is the X-2 of previous years as well as the X-Star of previous years before that and the 205 before that. MC has had that hull around since 1998. Nothing wrong with that, it's tried and true. It does very well. It was originally designed as a cross over boat for wakeboarding and skiing. But it does work very well as a wakeboard boat. That's NOT in dispute here. However, the LSV is a new hull this year designed for wakeboarding! As previously mentioned, it's wider and deeper! 7"'s wider! That's alot of boat my friends. It has tons more storage. It's keel is significantly deeper as well as the stern. Will it put out a better wake than the X-1? Who knows, we all have our own preferences. But given that it's a newer hull designed for wakeboarding only, a larger hull that will displace more water you can't dispute that it could produce a wake that will be favored by many. Again, it's all personal preference. I am itchin to hit the boat show and check this thing out.

Matt- Remember, drop us a post on here of the price you paid for your X-1 with all those options listed. You posted it, now prove it my friend.
Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
Why exactly does everyone want to compare a 22+ boat with an X-1. The new 06 22' LSV's comp is the X-star, not the X-1. Apples and tangerines comparison. Still haven't heard which boat anyone is leaving the dark parking lot with..... I do see a Moomba sitting there by itself though.
Old    mplv            01-13-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
im not sure there really is a msrp on an x-1, the 39,995 deal is not a msrp, its a nationally advertised price, what would be msrp on the 39,995 boat is like 46k plus options
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-13-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
Of course the X-1 has an MSRP and you said it. $39,995. for an X-1 with no options. Add options and the MSRP goes up. So Matt, what is the MSRP for your boat? Not what you paid for it and then please show us what you paid for your X-1 with all those options previously listed. Still waiting.....
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-13-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
B.S. To answer your question as to why the comparison between the X-1 and the LSV- Quote By Matt: "i just went to the moomba site and tried to build a boat identical to my x-1, you cant even get the mcx or several other options that i have but by adding what they do offer the msrp of the boat is 3k more than what i paid for mine." By his next post he references the LSV. So it was Matt who wanted to compare the two not everyone else. We just answered his posts. Good point you bring up about the size of the two. It's not fair to compare the LSV to the X-1, after all the LSV is a much larger boat. Talk to young Matt about it. He's the one you need to ask that question to. He's on here raving about MC's.

Matt- Still waiting on the price of your X-1 with all those options...... You posted the MSRP of a loaded LSV (Duplicated items) and posted that your X-1 is cheaper with all those SAME options, you need to back it up!!! I'm calling you on this one!!! You're quick to post negative misinformation about Moombas, quick to post pics of your new ride but apparently NOT so quick to back up your information. Is it because it's NOT true?!?!?! Could this be young Matt??? We're all waiting my friend.......
Old    mplv            01-13-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
you win, im glad your happy with your moomba. im very happy with my loaded out x-1 that i paid the same for. i hope everyone buys moombas because they float and have motors so they must be as good as a mastercraft. hope you put gap insurance on your loan incase anything happens
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-13-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
Somebody needs to delete this thread
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
Again,

Someone with no data in their profile successfully drawing people in and pissing them off. There's been a rash of this lately.

Always check the profile when someone comes on here to start a fight, it will save a lot of time.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-14-2006, 1:05 AM Reply   
Eric,
You started this mess, now after reading it all(quite amusing) what are your thoughts?Hope you can see the truth through all this..
www.moomba.com
PS Eric,please respond so we can end this thread and get on with our lives.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-14-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
I'm not Eric, but I hope he buys the Moomba
THE END!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-14-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
Just buy what you like... geeeez
Old    as_boats            01-14-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
agreed
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-14-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
All right guys. Game's over. Thanks for the info. I got some good feedback(posts 1-30). I'm glad everyone likes their own boat the best. They should or they bought the wrong boat. I think I'll be happy in my Moomba. Bought it yesterday!!
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-14-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
congrats, post some pics (in a different thread of course) : )
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-14-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
Hey Kraig'
I'll back up Matt on this one. MasterCraft retains 20-30% more of its value than any other inboard on the market. Here is some very simple math for you...now read carefully don't want to repeat myself. Read on...

a)Matt buys his MC for $45000 and sells in 2-3 years for $38000. Very good #s since 02-04 MC Stars/X-2 SOLD for that and now they are reselling at that price.(Some ALOT HIGHER) THUS Cost of ownership is $7,000 Correct I did the math 2x just to make sure

b) Matt buys a Moomba for $29995 with base options and sells in in the same time frame for $20,000-$21000. Look up the #s yourself You can do that you know on NADA.com
Now Matt's ownership cost is $9-$10 K.

Now listen to this. THE MASTERCRAFT COSTS MORE UP FRONT. The cost of ownership is less. It is proven time and time again. There is a reason the MOOMBA is cheap...They are built cheap/inexpensive. Buy a Moomba if you want more power to you. Congrats on your purchase. ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY. you will have TON is memories during ownership. Do not think that the boats are put together the same. Tinker knows that he used to work there.

Go out and enjoy your purchase ! Create some great memories with it !
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-15-2006, 1:20 AM Reply   
There is a reason that Skiers Choice is the fastest growing competition boat builder and others are experiencing the least growth on the chart. No names mentioned....
Fact of the matter is Moomba is a great boat. X brand is a great boat. All of them are great boats. Moombas may not have the fit and finish of your X Brand. They also cost less and provide tons of satisified customers with great outings. They do all that without sacrificing quality. Stop bashing and chose the boat you want. If you don't feel the price is satisfactory then go elsewhere... Everything I have heard from current customers is GREAT. Those are from the thousands of online posters and the people I see on the river. I know my experience with Skiers Choice has also been great. That is all I can go by.
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-15-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
Rick, If you wanna throw a Bimini top or tower mirror on my boat when it rolls through your shop, that would be sweet. You know...For all the good Skiers Choice PR I've created. Shameless I know...
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-15-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
It seems like pretty simple economics, if Skiers Choice puts out a crappy product, no one buys them, and then they go out of business. This is the beauty of a free market; it will purge its self of valueless products/companies.

My firsthand experience with SC and my Moomba has been great. From the dealing with Chris at PA Wake-boats to the boat running flawlessly season after season.

I find it humorous how so many are quick to trash Moomba yet there seems to be so many of us that are completely satisfied with them?

Bottom line Eric, do your homework, make your decision and go have fun! In whatever boat you choose.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
I think moomba has really stepped up their game in the last two years. I thought this thread was over. He bought the moomba and I'm sure he will enjoy it!
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Charlie as "The Moomba interior for 06 is better than ever for all you haters out there, Hey all you guys can go buy a bad ass Mastercraft they are sweet boats, but i'll use the extra money i saved and go buy another motorcycle or another snowmobile, or you know what maybe i'll get a supercharger for my Camaro"

If you believe that, I can see the reasoning why your supercharging your camaro instead of quality car like an M3
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-15-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
Yeah when I saw the guy bought his boat, I figured this thread was dead...but somehow how, it thrives
Old    mplv            01-15-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
camaro? m3? DOGS

Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
dude, matt, tuck your tail between your legs and just leave. from my experience on forums like these, people who bash other people's possessions the hardest are ALWAYS the ones trying to justify their own purchases. you're not trying to prove to us that MC is the best, you're trying to prove it to yourself. i mean honestly, why in the hell do you care what boats other people buy and what other people think of your x-1? do you own stock in MC? people bash the boat company i went with (malibu) on this site all the time, but i could care less. i may try to defend certain aspects of my boat in an educated manner, but i have NEVER bashed another boat or company in order to boost malibu's reputation. to me, bashing only shows doubt in your decision. moomba makes a great boat. in fact, had i known that the '06's were going to have a deeper freeboard, i may have waited a little longer to buy my boat and save a little cash. this is just my opinion, but had you actually gotten your loaded x-1 for under $45k you wouldn't have anything negative to say about anything because you'd have a smile on your face from ear to ear
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
Viper pleaseyou could give me one, and I would sell it buy something German. Viper Owner=Vette owner with a few more dollars

(Message edited by auto on January 15, 2006)