Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-14-2016, 5:29 PM Reply   
The new G23 is almost done and thanks to a good friend who pulled some strings, I got a special little signature on my dash! Got a face time call today too from Steve Carlton (who designed the G23) and Shaun Murray himself! Then they sent this little video of Shaun autographing my boat!

from Tapatalk on Vimeo.

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-14-2016, 5:40 PM Reply   
Did you chose an option to have a signature or just good buddies of somebody there?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-14-2016, 7:57 PM Reply   
Murray is the best man......I love that guy. He is truly one of the faces of the sport that has lasted a lifetime. He's all about the love of the sport. I have been fortunate enough to get some of his lessons and meet him and ride with him on several occasions. Always a great time.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-15-2016, 5:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Did you chose an option to have a signature or just good buddies of somebody there?
No, I just have a friend (who actually works for Nautiques competition...shhhhhh), who used to work for Nautique that know's these guys personally and he hooked me up! The entire experience has really been outstanding!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-15-2016, 6:48 AM Reply   
Murray is one of the nicest guys I've met in any sport.. just a good dude all around.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-15-2016, 7:48 AM Reply   
I met Shaun at a Hyperlite demo day put on by Tommy's Slalom Shop once. I figured he'd just be there in the background or something. I haven't seen many famous people and those I have seen always had security to keep them separate from the little people. Instead Shaun just came up to me and helped me pick out a board to try like he was just a salesman at the ski shop. It was a Murray of course. Then he drove the boat and helped me out with some pointers. Later on about 20 people piled into a boat that was made for 8 and he put on a show going bigger than I'd ever seen in person. An amazing day and a great guy.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2016, 10:07 AM Reply   
Hey Eric the Blue and Tan looks awesome Lets see some more pics of the whole enchilada.

And are they really going to Dermmel and Fill the signature???
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2016, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Hey Eric the Blue and Tan looks awesome Lets see some more pics of the whole enchilada.

And are they really going to Dermmel and Fill the signature???
That's over the top. Niiiiiiiiiiiice
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-15-2016, 12:28 PM Reply   
"G". That's actually my boat...not Eric's! I don't have many other pics yet. That was just a video they had sent me. Thank you though for the compliment!

And yes they are really going to dremel it and fill it back in so that its permanent.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2016, 1:15 PM Reply   
Sweet. Congrats man!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2016, 2:03 PM Reply   
^^^^. I knew something was fishy!!! A flaming liberal like Eric would never have a boat like that!!!!

Anyways Brett the complement still stands no matter who owns it Great job on the color combination. I hope it has the teak colored sea deck as well

Post up some more pictures as soon as you get them
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-16-2016, 7:36 AM Reply   
Thanks man! Will do! Here's a quick snap of the build from the website.

Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-18-2016, 11:35 AM Reply   
Well....she arrived at my dealer today!! Now I just need to hurry up and get my old boat sold so I can go down and take possession of her!!

Here's a link to my XStar for sale ------------------> http://www.onlyinboards.com/2008-Mas...ina-52508.aspx

We just lowered the price to $55,000 AND Race City Marine is offering a $500 finders fee to whoever brings them the next owner(s)!!!!

Old XStar

And here's the new lady being delivered!!

Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-31-2016, 8:54 AM Reply   
Got a few more pics today as they started to unwrap her and put things together.....

Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-31-2016, 9:26 AM Reply   
Nice looking boat. Whats up with the trailer?
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       03-31-2016, 9:38 AM Reply   
I was wondering the same thing ^^^
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-02-2016, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
Nice looking boat. Whats up with the trailer?
That's just the staging trailer....My trailer is on it's way. Mine is all black with diamond plate step plates and 18" wheels that match my truck's wheels.

Last edited by beg4wake; 04-02-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-02-2016, 11:52 AM Reply   
Love the tower and it colored accents Looks like factory Natique is taking a page out of the N3 Boatworks custom nautiques.

Nice job.

When is this bad boy gonna hit the water.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-03-2016, 8:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Love the tower and it colored accents Looks like factory Natique is taking a page out of the N3 Boatworks custom nautiques.

Nice job.

When is this bad boy gonna hit the water.
As soon as I sell that beautiful XStar that I actually bought from N3!