Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 7:26 AM Reply   
This is my first post on here, hate to come on here and complain, but looking for ideas on what to do.

So I've got a 2013 wakesetter LSV that was bought brand new. This thing has been nothing but a headache over the last three years. It's been down for at least a month and a half every year. Being from WI, I only get about 4 months of riding a year.

So here is what has been wrong with it. The first year we had it, I guess the wrong software was put in it. Boat wouldn't even run. Next the wedge rams both went bad, just said wedge fault all the time and couldn't adjust the wedge. After that the starter went out on it in the middle of the lake and had to paddle back to shore about 3/4 of a mile.

The second year, there was something that went wrong with the wiring and once again the boat was dead in the water. Wedge fault code was still there. Couldn't use the wedge.

Now this year, wedge still isn't working. Boat started idling really rough and couldn't go over 4 mph. Took it to a new dealer (dealer we bought it from has done nothing but f**k me around. The ECM was fried, all O2 sensors were bad, NOx sensors were bad, all spark plugs were bad. Cracked manifold and the catalytic converter was shot.

So the boat has been at the dealer for the past three weeks, waiting on parts. Got a call today that Malibu sent the wrong part. Now have to wait until late next week for the new part, and then they will install everything and hope that in two weeks I'll be back on the water. So disappointed with Malibu's customer service! Called them directly a couple times because dealers wouldn't do anything for me, and they didn't do anything for me either. No apology or anything. You'd think if you spend 130k on a boat that they would at least make you feel like your worth a damn.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Just need to get this off my chest. When the boat does actually work correctly we have a blast with it. But unfortunately it's been down and not running more than it has been running correctly. Sucks to have one of the nicest boats on the water and have it breaking down all the time.

And here is the thing that's giving me so many headaches
Name:  boat.jpg
Views: 6046
Size:  78.0 KB