Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-23-2008, 4:19 AM Reply   
I know this has been brought up many times but I need something to hold me over until Out of the Pond and Box of Fun come out. Here is a list of what I currently own.
The Truth--Great
The Butter Effect---Great
Bent Felix----Ok
Refraction---worthless
Drive------Great
PushProcess-----Effin Epic

Any suggestions? I hear a lot about Transgression maybe look into that one.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-23-2008, 6:52 AM Reply   
I would go with Transgression. The music is very mellow, but I really like it and the riding is good. Its more stylistic than technical, but Vandal's sections are great. Doyle's skate is also really good. The rail riding at the projects might be my favorite part of the video. The places they ride is also cool and the look of the video is so cool. Overall its not a video that will pump you up for riding, it will almost inspire you to ride. Well that's what it does for me.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-23-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
Chick Flick, One Eye Shut & Up Dog are all very good. Transgression didn't do it for me, the locations and filming were excellent but other then Randall's section I thought the riding was just ok & I didn't care for the sound tracks. On the other hand my son loves this film.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-23-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
chick flick, counterfeit this
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-23-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
i was also looking at All or Nothing, anyone seen. I will be getting the chick flick because I have a thing for Amber Wing. Not in a dangerous way. But I tell my wife all the time that if she was more like Amber Wing I wouldnt be at all mad.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-23-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
Transgression
12 Honkeys
Metronome (I loved it, most of my friends didn't)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
"The Big Lebowski" .
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-23-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
i know you're waiting for "out of the pond" and "box of fun," but you need to add "global warning" to the mix.

quote:

But I tell my wife all the time that if she was more like Amber Wing I wouldnt be at all mad.

did your wife kick you in the nuts aftewards?
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-23-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
Bret, Refraction sucked?? I was about ready to buy it and actually have been wantin it for christmas...Did you check out fluid dynamics? I saw the trailer for it too and it looked ok....
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-24-2008, 2:29 AM Reply   
I just checked out global warning, that looks sic as well.

Refraction was a waist of my time except for Murray's part. I will look into fluid dynamics.

Me and my wife joke around like that a lot. She doesn't get mad easily. We are both super witty and super smart a$$es. I just bought her the 08 CWB saphire, she is getting pumped. This will be her first "good" board.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-24-2008, 3:18 AM Reply   
Refraction---worthless....

I disagree, Murray's and Matt Simms sections were sick. I like the soundtrack for the movie, (Bubba Sparxx, J5 and Linkin Park).

I can't wait to get Global Warning on BluRay...gonna be sooooo rediculous in 1080p.