Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (jarrett)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-04-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
Help! Our lake bans towers and we are trying to find information to prove that the towers themselves do not create a bigger wake and that it is actually safer for the rider to have a higher rope pull. If anyone has info please let me know
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-04-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
Wow, really...a tower ban? Why don't they just come out and say no wakeboarding. How passive aggressive are they?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-04-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
i dont think that they can ban something like that by law. what you need is a fisherman that has a tower on his boat to get in on it with you.

once again another right taken away from us. were slowly turning into a country where the governemtn controls all aspects of our lives just like india. our women are going to be running around in berkas
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-04-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
Just attach a bimini and say it's the structure that holds it in place.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-04-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
...over my dead body!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
they ban towers just complain that outboard engines make all the weight go to the rear of boats and add to the wake....ban those too...

heck pontoon boats have 2 or 3 hulls to make a wake...un-acceptable.

I/O's are just gay.

jetskis waves are sooo small they sneak into hard to reach places and destroy shoerline... no good..... canoes and rowboats only
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-04-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Best idea ever Nick
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-04-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
Jarrett, you can get the weight of the tower from the manufacturer but it's probably less than 90 lb. What they are doing is the equivalent to banning red boats. It's strictly appearance.
What you need is to have a child towed on a pair of kids skis that swallows a bunch of water because they were not pulled up fast enough. Then find the shady lawyer that runs on commission to sue the association because of the trauma their pointless rule caused that poor helpless child. Upload
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-04-2008, 10:32 PM Reply   
in my opinion towers make no need for bigger wkes. when u have a tower u get more air then without one. if u dont have a tower u wiould odviously have to make your wake huge in order to get more air. so tell them u r actually trying to help out.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2008, 10:46 PM Reply   
Banning Towers == an attempt to ban Wakeboarding.

If they are saying a tower == big wake, then they are big fat liars (or idiots).

Banning tower speakers could be another hidden desire.

Old guys who ski may also be at the helm.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-04-2008, 11:23 PM Reply   
i think an old fart( fisherman) need to get the junk beat out of them bc i am so tired of this crap. the other morning i was on the water driving the boat home i completly stopped for these fisherman so i wouldnt disturb thier fishing, so i waived and they basically gave me the finger. so i let my stereo do the work for me. anyways you need to find evedence proving that towers weigh as much as a small child and that they do not in any ways cause a larger wake. you should have someone get on that board to start up your own laws. ahhhh im all pissed of now.lol
Old     (horchem1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-05-2008, 1:20 AM Reply   
GD...."big fat liars"?? Really? ha ha ha
Old    nwwakerider            06-05-2008, 1:27 AM Reply   
That is the craziest thing I have heard in a long time
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-05-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
The tower ban is just an easy enforcement mechanism to ban wakeboats. It is too difficult to define a wakeboat, so this is probably the easiest thing to enforce.

Obviously you want to fight this ban and organize politically to stop it, but if it goes through it is probably a more innocuous ban than others. All you will need to do is take off your tower and put a pylon on and sac it up like normal and you will get the same quality pull as before. Yeah it would be a pain, but something that you can easily get around.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-05-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
Considering that he is 11 years old, do you possibly think he has a few things messed up in this equation?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-05-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
missed that jonny.... could be some truth there