Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-13-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
crowmobe, tantrum2blind, toe 5, heel 5, switch heel 5, tantrum2fakie, grabed toe back 180, toe back 3, moby dick, grab all 3's and some to blind, heel roll2blind, kgb. good enough to do decent in jr mens? some of the tricks i cant do but i am close to
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-13-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
you will do descent but not great...you need a raley based trick. it really depends on composure
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
yea decent but without a big spin IE back5,fs7,fs or dup 9 you wont make the top 10..
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-14-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
i 2nd the raley based trick tip....batwing is very popular these days.
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
You also need to hit the slider and the transfer.
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-14-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
i think you could make the top 10 if thats what you want and are willing to work at it. I was 8th overall last year and had none of those big spins. What everyone is saying about the raley based tricks is true though it is a big part of your run because you have to show that you can do a variety of tricks. spins, mobes, raley, sliders, and grabs never hurt. Just be consistent. A lot of people go into the contest thinking they have to stick the bigest tricks they have and most os those people fall at least once in their run so just stand up yours with decent tricks and you will do fine. just try not to do similar tricks like if you were going to do a KGB in your run dont do a roll to blind.
Hope that helped man, it never hurts to try and the experience you get is unmatched.

TC
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-14-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
here's my advice.....listen to tony!
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-14-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
wow tony.... that is going BIG in the profile pic!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
Hell yeah. That trick won him a pile of cash last year at the Spring Ride.

Upload
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-14-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
thanks everyone! thats awesome tony thanks man! yah i have done krypts before but killed myself on some. im going to the first pro tour stop in acworth but thats it. i have 3 years of jr mens since im 15 right now so i want to get a lot better before i try to make the podium.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-14-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
Sick shot tony! Damn son thetes a lot of man leg showing! Hahahahaha, SICK bro!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
Just be glad there was something covering him up.... The last time I saw him there was a lot more than man leg showing. Put some nice looking ladies around Tony and you're never sure what he'll do.

Ha, ha, ha.... Good times, bro.

GRD!!!
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-15-2008, 12:52 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone. Evan your killing me bro. GRD!!!
Taylor- WOW, your only 15? wish i had that bag of tricks at 15. It is a very good idea to go to the Acworth stop if for anything, experience. its good to get used to the atmosphere and learn how to control your emotions. Its important to not let anyone get into your head, they will try. Just remember that you have nothing to lose, if you do good then people will notice, if not then you will learn what you have to work on, not a big deal you have plenty of time. Also work on course management, if you fall dont freak out, just stay calm and think of what you can do from there. Last year i fell in Acworth with just enough time to get one trick in, well i just did a backroll when the boat wasnt quite up to speed then hit a crow mobe to win my heat. made it a 2 for 1. no matter what people tell you number of tricks does help.Anyways ill stop rambling because im sure your good to go now. good luck brotha. Say whats up to me in Acworth as well, ill be out there trying to get a spot in pro.
TC
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-15-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
Taylor, having watched Jr. mens for a few years here are some of my thoughts. That's a pretty nice bag of tricks for only being 15, nice work. If you can land all of what you mentioned in your 1st post you have a chance in the quarter finals with a stand up run. A lot depends on what heat you draw, anymore there are no easy heats, but some are better then others. the Jr. have really stepped it up in the sliders so if you can work on them it will help. Tony had a good point on course management, Study the course before you ride and plan your pass DON'T run into the sliders, every year some of the newer guys do, not fun. As others metioned, a Relay based trick would also help. Go to Atlanta and have a good time, meet the guys and enjoy the weekend. Good luck.

Tony is your dad going?
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-15-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
randy, i have no idea yet man. it might be a good time for me to find out haha. is alex going to the no fear stop in so cal?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-15-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
Randy, I am going. Cant miss the first stop.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-15-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
The trick to getting air like Tony must be those aerodynamic shorts...gotta get me sum!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-15-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
Tony, no he is staying in Orlando until after the MN. stop, then coming back to the west coast.

Sounds good Ben.
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-15-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
thanks tony and randy! im ready now! yah i hit rails a lot so i should be fine with that. the only thing im worried about is the transfer box. do i need to hit it?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-15-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
Taylor You will need to hit the box and make the transfer to the rail to have a chance at moving to the next round.
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-15-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
ok it shouldnt be a problem. does anyone have any tips for the transfer box?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-15-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
Taylor, if you can, get out to Gravity Research to learn how to transfer, they have one there. I think you live close to them. It's a lot harder then you think, I wouldn't recommend trying it for the first time in your 1st pro contest. Could be ugly.
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-15-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
haha yah me and my friend are going to try and go there before the pro tour stop. i have tried transfering from the big box at owc into nessy but i havent totally commited
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-15-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
if you are not able to hit one before the contest then when you come up to it just look for the fin marks in the plexy or whatever they use and try to follow them up, make sure to come into the box squatted down because you need the push off to get to the other part. I still have not hit a transfer box outside the pwt haha.
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-15-2008, 10:56 PM Reply   
Tony's profile pic is AWESOME!
Glad someone pointed it out.