Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-30-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
Well I got out to ride for the first time this year and I felt like I was sinking any time I was riding slower than 21-22 mph. Im 6'-1 195, and ride a blended 3 stage 142. My buddies were riding at 19 and seemed to be doing fine (170lb 141 board). I dont remember needing to ride faster than others to stay on top of the water.
Old    K.B.C.            05-30-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
19 is WAY slow, even 22 is a little on the slow side, depending on boat, ballast etc. I would figure most here will tell you they are riding in the 22-25 mph range. Speed it up a bit.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
what board? premier? 21.7mph is the slowest I can ride at 200lbs.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-30-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
The board is the byerly legacy, which was great by the way, very similar to the 02 byerly I came off of. I guess ride faster is the new standard for me(unfortunately, there isnt alot of wake behind my buddies outboard at 22 mph)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
I recently had a chance to demo the byerly legacy. It is the slowest board I have ever ridden. I too felt like I was sinking or riding in cement the whole time. I actually posted about it before. I would try a few different boards. Boards that I think are fast are LF watson, Cwb transcend, Lf axis, ronix one. I am sure some other people can add to this list.
Upload
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
I recently had a chance to demo the byerly legacy. It is the slowest board I have ever ridden. I too felt like I was sinking or riding in cement the whole time. I actually posted about it before. I would try a few different boards. Boards that I think are fast are LF watson, Cwb transcend, Lf axis, ronix one. I am sure some other people can add to this list.