Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (chiggie)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
Where is everybody gonna hangout for memorial day. I've heard of two places. in front of the blockade provided by the B. of Reclamation or the 5 mile zone at putah creek bridge. I do think this is a bunch of crap! Seems like its always some stupid out of towners or first time nimrods that make poor choices and ruin it for all of us who play by the rules of common sense.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-14-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
I am guessing the other bridge in the 5mph zone. Would be dumb to be out in the middle of the lake at the entrance to the other zone. I would guess they will have a cop there shoo'ing people away.

FUN HATERS!
Old     (evilrsix)      Join Date: May 2007       05-14-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
im renting a houseboat there for memorial day. never been there before, but i hear its like a mini lake havasu. should be fun, and dont worry i will respect your lake.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-14-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
No idea, im going to be at Spanish flats in my Sanger and a couple other boats.
Old     (chiggie)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
I actually talked to the B of R rep who ordered the closure. she told me they were allowing boats on th other side of the bouys. Its only supposed to be blocked off up yo the bridge.........so I hear
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-14-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
Hey Nate,
I have a place at spanish flats... Look for the little cove just before the marina entrance, if you see a purple open bow nautique with a black tower tied up... thats me!

As for partying, I think it will be under the second bridge, i cant see anyone going to the dam or anywhere else... its too far

It wont be like a little havasu this year
Old     (josh_r_skater)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-14-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
go to the big piont by markley cove alot of people will have there boats out there and tons over ladys will be on the shore
Old     (javony)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-14-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
Josh, are you talking about the opening as if you launched at Markley and were headed out to the main section of the lake? That is the only place that I can think of that people will be able to walk down to.
Old     (josh_r_skater)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-15-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
it the big piont on the right as you come out of the 5 zone heres my number hit me up lets make this huge
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-15-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
The reason they are doing this is to keep the nonboating idiots and gangsters out of Berryessa. I can deal with that.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-15-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Even without the bridge the weekend should still be fun. I think Markley would be a dope spot to party, its whatever....wherever Im at I will be drunk so it don't matter.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-15-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
I do find it comical to see $60k wakeboats roll out full of gangstas, with slappin sound systems and not one wakeboard on the rack! LOL!
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
Last year people brought guns to party cove! I remember hearing about a shooting. Anyways someone always gets stabbed, beat or whatever.

I just cant wait to see the gangstas try to ghost ride their boat... haha swimming after their boat with stunna shades on, grills, thizz face and all!
Old     (chiggie)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-15-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
Mike, Yeah I can deal with no gangsters coming from shore but they do come on boats as well. I can't stand those punks. I just do not like a government agency telling folks who abide the rules they are FORBIDDEN to access a PUBLIC waterway. What will be next? Could they have thought this out and find a way to close access to the rock? We'll still have a good time. }
Old     (chiggie)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-15-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
Mike, Yeah I can deal with no gangsters coming from shore but they do come on boats as well. I can't stand those punks. I just do not like a government agency telling folks who abide the rules they are FORBIDDEN to access a PUBLIC waterway. What will be next? Could they have thought this out and find a way to close access to the rock? We'll still have a good time. }}
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-15-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
well I agree on the gangsters, its way lame send the meat heads home!

It's to bad the wakeboard boat has become the choice boat of the look "cool" crowd. I showed up at ski beach a couple weeks back in the afternoon and I was the only one with boards in the racks. Why buy a boat just to drive to a beach and get drunk, go buy a pontoon boat or something.

Mark,
I will definitely come by and say hello, my sanger
has a wakeworld sticker on it also. I should also be with two run-about rinells in my group.
I think we are the last water spot!
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-15-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Chris, posting at 11:14, aren't you supposed to be working or something? Hey I heard Andy scored on a golf cart! Only one more week...anybody else have a trailer at Rancho Monticello?
Old     (chiggie)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-16-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
I might ask the same 'bout you Andy scored a ford "think". Its a large street legal golf cart. we've been warned by Heidi we will not be racing this one. We've got the EZ GO
thrasher for $200.00 we can dump! Anyway, we'll be up this Sat. and of course Next weekend!
Old     (evilrsix)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
so you guys think this year will suck for partying? where is everyone going for the party portion of the day? also is it really choppy for wakeboarding oh and gangsters im guessing most of them will be on the shore anyway right?
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-17-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
Garrett....I wouldn't worry about Gangsters, I never have any problems. Most people up there are just trying to have fun. Usually only a few bad apples in the bunch....
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-17-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
My cars been broken into on memorial day weekend up at Spanish Flat. Ive been there my whole life... its a bummer I cant even park my car at the Resort and feel safe. My friends have had their tires slashed, body damage, etc.

I think management has wised up a bit, and last year was not nearly as crazy.
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-17-2007, 10:11 PM Reply   
It's all over after this year anyway.The whole "lake" as we know it will be gone in 2 year
Old     (josh_r_skater)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-18-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
i have hella boats meeting at the big piont by markley cove , gonna have a BBQ out there , lets make that the new spot. anyone want to make plans to meet at a time hit me up 707 450 7631
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-18-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Chris,

I think some of the remaining resorts have a court date coming up soon. We may be kicked out 2010 or later if the decision is in our favor.

My family has been on that lake before any resorts were there. We have purchased, built and owned our trailor at Spanish Flat since it opened... I will be heart broken if they kick all of us out of there. Call me an optimist...
I realize that if they are cutting off sections of the lake for the party weekends, etc. than it is not a good sign either
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-18-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
Josh...you the same josh who went out with Ben and I on his boat a few weeks ago
Old     (josh_r_skater)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-18-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
yeah hit me up dog lets go ride
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-18-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
Josh...I am going out on Sunday most likely with my folks on there boat if you want to come out and ride you can. Its supposed to be hella hot.
Old     (josh_r_skater)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-18-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
hit me up tonight
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-18-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
We'll be out there just not sure exactly where at. Should be a good time but we'll see what's up with the bridge...
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-21-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
looks like summer days are officially here....water was so crowded and f***** last weekend. Looks like I gotta try harder to get out on weekdays.
Old     (chiggie)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-22-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Mark, Yeah I'm hopin we'll get a few more years. I really think it's about big business coming in to develop more "Napa Valley" uppercrust resorts. They're definaltley manipulating guys like the Sierra club as well as the bad publicity to get what they want.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       05-22-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
How is the riding up there. I am headed up to the lake this weekend and here its super windy/choppy. weres the best place to ride and can you do it during the day or only early morning or night?
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-22-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Last Saturday was butter and Sunday a little windy. From here on out I will be doing all my weekend riding at 6:30 am and just before sunset. During the middle of the week is the best time to ride. The best place to ride changes with the wind. If you get in the area of the narrows you can pick a spot depending on the direction of the wind. In the morning the water will be great until everyone wakes up and starts pulling tubes in figure eights.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-22-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
Yeah, I have some other spots I can usually find that are rideable, usually early mornings are decent even on weekends. Lately it has been damn windy in the bay area though.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-23-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Well look forward to meeting some new faces, I'm going up Friday afternoon.

Im at spanish flats all the way down in the R1 section I believe. Im in a purple and black sanger, black tower, v210

So is everyones guess to head to the second bridge?
Old    Ben Kerran            05-23-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
I'll be out there Friday afternoon thru prolly Sunday. If anyone sees me (or hears me), be sure to come over and have a beer. 2nd bridge for me
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-23-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
Ben, is it cool if I tag along with you on friday?
Old    Ben Kerran            05-23-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Nick- 4 sure, Depending on the water when we get up there Friday, we may be jus relaxing. I should have plenty of room though. Call me around 1 or so. You still have my #
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-23-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
Yeah, I do. I'm going to be up there so I can meet you wherever. I'm hoping this wind dies down, and we are blessed with a day full of butter on friday. I will bring beer too in case we just kick it.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-23-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
im looking at the map of berryessa for the second bridge are you guys talking about the one at putah creek?
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
Ill be up there friday morning till monday! PM me if youll be around spanish flat
Old     (nate138)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-26-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
Looks like party bridge was still the place be!
Upload
Upload
Old     (nate138)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-26-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
Same crazy's just a different rock!Upload
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-28-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
The boat police were on full patrol at the bridge, I got a ticket for going approx. 7.5 in the no wake zone, but I had just entered it and was slowing down 5...really pissed me off because I didn't have one of those CGA "throw out" floatation devices you have to have on board so they "de-commissioned" my boat so I just left the cove. They were trying to people at evey chance they could find it seemed like. Other than that the weekend was fun, I got great water early mon. morning.
Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-28-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
how about some more pic
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-29-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
I was tied up at the restricted lines, I will post pics asap!
Old     (faceplant409)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-29-2007, 11:58 PM Reply   
Totally off topic.... But what IS happening at Berryessa's resorts? Have they decided on a plan? Is it public yet? Where are they going to block off to non motorized boating??

Thanks!
Patrick
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-30-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
.....honestly I have no clue when the proverbial $H*T will hit the fan as far as people getting their trailors off the lake, or what exactly they plan to do to the lake. I just know it sounds like its going to be lame.