Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-01-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Right now Im working at Boater's World up here in Charlotte to not go in the hole while seeking a 'real job'. As an employee, we get pretty killer discounts, IE 50% off.

On to the question - I found a rope/handle combo in our catalog that is spectra. It looks pretty legit in the picture but we don't have one in the store so Id have to order it. It's an off brand but like I said it looks pretty good for $40. What do you guys think?

http://www.boatersworld.com/product/478321383.htm
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-01-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
The handle is the weak link, but the line is worth the $40. Go for it and replace the handle when the time comes.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
From what I see, it looks like the handle and line are one.... Do you see that also karl????
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-01-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
it looked 1 piece to me too. cut it and tie a loop if its too late.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
It says teh handle is a 15' section and there are 4 5' removeable sections. Its a pretty normal setup.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
I thought it looked pretty legit. What do you guys mean about the handle? You think it will break or something?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-02-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
Not sure if the handle and rope are one piece. There are some removeable sections but not sure the handle moves away from the main line. The reason why I am asking is because.... If you break the handle, you have to purchase a new handle plus the rope again. If the handle is a 5 foot section and the handle breaks, you still have the rope and all you have to do is buy a new handle..... But you still could cut the rope away from the handle if need be to save the rope if the handle and rope are one...... That was mentioned above....

(Message edited by dabell on May 02, 2007)
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-02-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
Do you sell sail boat line at your store. If you do get some 3/16th amsteel (or any brand's spectra rope). Buy 80ft, and grab a book and learn to splice your own ends, it is really easy with 12 strand rope. http://www.samsonrope.com/site_files/12S_C1_EyeSpl.pdf
When i worked at a marine store i used to make ropes for under $25. If they have a spool end, or remnent you can usualy grab those for really cheap, sometimes free.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-09-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
it says it is 70 feet long with 5 ft sections...then goes on to say its 65 feet long with four 5 foot sections, it has a 15 inch(wide) handle(which it does not say but can be inferred that is a 5 foot handle)65 feet of rope plus 5 foot handle is 70 feet.

40 bucks is a great deal on that...as long as it is spectra

(Message edited by bftskir on May 09, 2007)
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-09-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
yeah, I got the rope. It's 65' of spectra rope and the handle has a 5 ft. section of "low stretch" rope. I mean it's obviously much better than a slalom line but Id still like the 5 foot to be spectra as well. Anyone got any suggestions of where I can get a decent handle for cheap?

thanks
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-10-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
We have our 15" leather grip handle w/ 6" cheater grip for $50.00 shipped. The handle is strung with 100% non-stretch Dyneema.

If you want to take advantage of this, email me directly.

Upload
Upload

Thanks,

Ken Land
kland@bulletlines.com
www.bulletlines.com
www.wakeboarding-winch.com