Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-18-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
Can someone please find me the thread on salt water boating and boat preparation ... ??
I tried searching but not one thread comes up. Does anyone know why??
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
I ride in salt water...
Old     (wakedood)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-18-2006, 11:13 PM Reply   
Yeah, I've had a problem with the search not finding stuff I know is there for a while now. Just try and search on "salt" and it doesn't find anything, not even this thread.
Old    walt            05-19-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
Do a search in the boating archive.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-19-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
yeah, I've found the search function on this particular board ...uh... less than user friendly, although it can be if you know how to use it. Make sure you narrow searches by choosing "AND" instead of "OR" and when the thread specifically deals with one subject, salt in this case, make sure that you change the "look in" to subject instead of text. Searching "salt" and "water" in the subject lines provides a LOT of results. Here's one thread that you started back in March, I'm not sure that it's the one you're looking for or not.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/306002.html
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-19-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
For some reason I have had trouble with the search function as well. I recently couldnt find any threads on topics I knew were there. Sometime I will even search super general and I will get only a page or two of hits; I used to get like 15pgs of hits when I searched that general.
Old     (wakedood)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-19-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Matt, that's what I noticed. Running the exact same search phrase that I've used for months will pull up things that it used to find, but will not find any new posts that it should.

And like Scott mentioned, I find if the search is too broad, it doesn't find anything at all.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-21-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Yes, the search function does seem to be acting funny. I'm on the case!
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-21-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
chenge the settings to search subject and 360 days..youll find what your looking for!