Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-30-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
I have been riding Hyperlite for about 4 years now. Was wanting to get some input form those out there who ride CWB and Obrien. What are your thoughts on their top of the line boards? I have ridden LF as well. All of your input is appreciated.
Old     (jakesnyder)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-30-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
Personally I believe that all the boards these days are good. I switched from Hyperlite to LF 3 seasons ago and I won't look back. I rode the Parks for a while and it is a great, fast board. The Watson is so poppy and soft. It is a forgiving board that goes huge. I guess the best advise I got was demo the boards before you purchase.

(Message edited by jakesnyder on May 30, 2007)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-30-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
Give the Platinum Transcend a try. Three of my friends switched to the Transcend this year. It's a lot of fun to ride.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
As for O'Brien, check out the Natural and Cartel for 3 stage rocker, or the Valhalla and Vice for continuous rocker. I have had a bunch people ride the Natural or Cartel and then turn around and buy one of them. The cool thing is, most of them had never even considered O'Brien and now they love 'em.

Good luck and like they always say DEMO, DEMO, DEMO!
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       05-30-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
I have ridden obrien answer and demented, two of darin shapiros old models and have absolutely loved them and so have all my friends that have tried them. I dont think there is really a bad board manufacturer it just comes down to what you like in your boards.
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-30-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
I use to always ride liquid force and hyperlite, this season I got to try CWB and I haven't gone back! The transcend and the absolute are great shapes, really fun to ride.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-30-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
I tried out the watson and the one at the same time and I thought the watson was alright but I loved the one.