Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-07-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
The CIE crew did a fantastic job pulling this event off .The weather was marginal and they didnt cave.My family and quests enjoyed the riders. Special thanx to Ricky G and Mike Schwene for the extra time they spent talking with our friends . All in all it was a great three days looking forward to next year!!!!! Thanx Joe
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
Here Here!
Old    mendo247            05-07-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
definetly a great time! had an absolute blast got to visit with allot of people i only see once or twice a year.. also was nice meeting allot of fellow ww'ers who ive never had the chance to meet.. Awesome job CIE, along with all the sponsors!
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-07-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
great time and also neptunes again did a great job with the sound off. it was cool meeting ww people. good job cie.
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-07-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
I am jeleous I did not get to attend. Sounds like it was great, hope to make it next year.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-07-2007, 9:42 PM Reply   
whens a good time to start booking a hotel room for next year?

Such a sick event even with the crappy water.
Old    Ben Kerran            05-08-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Couldn't agree more, with everyone above. I watched the D-up finals from Racer #'5's boat like 50' from the double up. First time I have ever been that close, absolutely amazing. That was my favorite part of the whole weekend. (Thanks again Mike). Awesome event CIE (and all the sponsors). We had a great time, already counting the days until next year.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
Hats off the the CIE crew, job well DONE.... As Joe said the weather was marginal but eveyone kept there chin up for a good time Thats what it is all about. Jarod Couch THANKS for the great conversations & look forward to getting those lessons from ya. Evan, Billy, Allen & Jarrod again thank you for everything once again.

Ben your welcome anytime my brotha
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-08-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
nice work cie and thanks for the good times! we had a blast!

count us in next year.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-08-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
Thanks guys.... Glad everyone had fun. It was a lot of work, but it makes it totally worth it hearing how much fun everyone had. We definitely couldn't do it without the sponsors. Special thanks to Mr. Joe Mitchell and JMI Contractors. Without him I don't think we could've gotten half of the talent out. Be on the lookout for the full story with more pics.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-08-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. It's all made possible by the sponsors. Support the companies that support the Spring Ride! It's a win win for all of us.

Next year; maybe more pro riders and more raffle prizes...who knows.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-08-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
jrod, what about the cie crew dress up like the village people, and do a routine?!?!?! SICK!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-08-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
Have a pose off in the bar for the muscle necks. They seemed in dire need of attention, and I think someone stole their shirts.

Cudos for busting you butt all weekend J-rod. It made our trip worthwhile.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
...I think I saw them doing push ups in the parking lot before they walked in....:-)
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-08-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Great work guys. It was another great event. It's great to see NorCal representing in full effect. Hope to see all of you and more at the next DRA event! Can't wait until next year's CIE spring ride!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-08-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
Sombreros off to the CIE crew once again!! Each year the event gets better and better! The vibe was excellent, the rider list was just plain silly, and the beer flowed like wine!

Thanks to you guys my liver hurts and I'm sun burnt...

Hey! When is "CIE Summer Ride"?
Old     (webbly)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-09-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
Hats off to CIE!!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-09-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
Dave..... The summer ride is coming.... Be on the look out. We've already got the location and the idea for a comp. Now we just need a date. Keep your calanders clear for a September-ish weekend. The location is killer for a huge group of Wake Worlders.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-09-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
fyi, 14th thru the 16th is surf expo, and the 29th is taken.

(Message edited by dakid on May 09, 2007)
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-09-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
It is so awesome that you guys see the work that goes into throwing an event. I know that the last TWO years we have tried to get there and something or another always comes up. Man,I hate myself on Saturday morning.
I have not heard anything but great things about this event and I look forward to finally getting to one and making it a yearly trek.I saw alot of familiar faces in the shots both of riders, family of riders and spectators as well.
To all those that worked their asses off, thanks for enriching the sport!!
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-13-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
Hats off to the whole CIE crew. You guys know how to put on an event. Everything went off flawlessly. We had a blast. I can't wait to try out my new surf board! Woo-Hoo!! Your new boat looked fantastic.