Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-09-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
I just got my new board in the mail today and it says blem on the box and it does seem to have some flaws in it. I really don't mind the blems so should i just ask for the cost extra to be refunded or would you guys advise me to return it and get a good one. Does being a blem affect anything other than just cosmetic? What is it worth, its an 07 LF Axis. A regular one is 400 so what price should they give me since it's a blem?
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-09-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
Blems are almost always cosmetic. I actually look for blems, because you save money. I would be looking to pay between 50% to 75% of retail, IMO. If they charged you full and sold you a blem, then you have a very legitimate beef, and I would question doing business with them again unless they bend over backwards to make it right. The word "fraud" comes to mind if they charged you full retail price.

BTW, many of the blems get sent to the pros, who ride them in comps or wherever, again, it's just cosmetic.

(Message edited by dococ on May 09, 2007)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
If it is cosmetic then it will ride the same. That's why I always buy from a boardshop. I think it is a little shady to sell a factory second without disclosing that info. Where you ordered it from?
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-09-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
Well it said blem very visibly and the place is great so i think it was just a mistake. I get 25% off everything through my school club so i didn't pay retail but i payed for 25% off a normal board not a blem.
Old     (toejamr1)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-09-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
Where did you get it from?
Old    110outlet            05-09-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Usually they make it clear that its a blem, i purchased a blem from closeoutdude.com and it was clearly marked that it was a blem i was buying. Is there a blem on the board? or was it a show model that he tossed in a box and sent to you in a random box. But then again at 25% off a 07 model is cheaper then a 07 blem would go for anyways. So your saving money and ya could make a good argument for a credit at the store.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-09-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
i have a 04 byerly, its a blem, i dont notice it at all, i got it for 260 and its over a 400 dollar board, GOOD DEAL!!!(i got it in 04 also)
Old     (ddovage)      Join Date: May 2007       05-09-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
Blems are always almost cosmetic. I bought an 05 Premier and it was a blem and i think i paid 320 shipped to my door. Couldn't find the blem. but i did once i looked really close and i was a tiny tiny dent in the board on top. Awesome board. Now i just picked up a Ronix One. love that board to death. But yea if they didn't tell you it was a blem then you should get some money back. }
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-09-2007, 11:39 PM Reply   
its probably just the box, unless it was still in its original wrapping with the shell that has the axis blem sticker. the shop probably accidentally sent you a demo board by mistake
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-10-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
It was in the original liquid force rapping that and it said liquid force Axis 139 BLEM. And then it was inside a box for a Ronix frontier. Thats why i think it was a mistake. Not to mention the quality of the graphic has parts that are messed up.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-11-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-11-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
This is what it said on the packaging. The place told me that i could send it in and they would send it to liquid force and see what can be done with it. Isn't this like obviously a blem that i bough though? This is what I told them and they were like well all boards have some defects and we can send it in to liquid force if you think that it is bad.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-11-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
If you dident know it was a blem when you bought it, then you should get a new board.
Not true all boards have defects all BLEM boards have defects.
What shop did you buy it at?
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-11-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
Sounds like you are getting jerked around. First they send you a blem board when that was not the agreement, now it sounds like they are telling lies. Is it time yet to publicly name the shop, or do we give them another chance? I have no problem with blems IF it is agreed at the time of sale, and the appropriate discount is given, but that does not sound like the case here. Sounds like they got busted trying to jerk you around, now they are playing games about it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-11-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
Yeah its jacked they are making you go to LF to resolve it. They messed up not LF. If it did not mention that you were ordering a Blem and that what you got then they need to make it right. The tried and trued method of working your way up the chain of command is needed here. The goal is to get the shop to send you a un-blem board, you might have to eat the shipping for sending the one board back but they need to get you what you paid for. Not LF!! Stick to your guns (ie. you did nothing wrong, they messed up) and if you don't like one guys answer ask to speak to his boss, do that until you get the owner. They should send you one out immediately or refund some $.
Old     (toejamr1)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
Where did you get it? boardco.com?
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-11-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
I talked to the guy in charge and he said he would replace it if i wanted. I'm just gonna keep it because i don't feel like getting another one and i got 25% off anyways. He told me it was a mistake but that it is just cosmetic so if anything happens to it he'll replace it. I'm happy and i i love how the board rides so i don't wana be without it