Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       12-27-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
I wonder who has the lightest board and bindings on the market?
It seems like all the companies are trying to loose weight on their board and binding up.
Old     (wakeboarder89)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-27-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
the 09 ronix boots are very light, they did away with the plates so now its just all one piece. the slingshot boots are supposed to be super light as well from what ive heard, i havent tried them yet.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-27-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
I have a feeling that the LF FLY series of boards and their limited bindings, which use the FLY technology could be the lightest stuff on the market. I'm not sure though.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-27-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
The LF FLY is a super light board, but I don't think the LF limited boots are going to be any where close to as light as the Ronix boots. If you put some 09 Ronix boots on a Dark Core board I think it would probably be lighter than any LF FLY board with LF Limited boots.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-27-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
What are the Ronix boots supposed to weight? I can't remember where I read it, but I swear I saw something that said the LF limited boots use the same principles for lightweight stuff as the FLY boards, and that they were a little under 3 lbs a piece or something...
Old     (dgs)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-27-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Ronix is actually significantly lighter in my opinion. liquid force still have big chunky plates and the boots are a lot more bulky
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-27-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
Slingshot will be the lightest and last the longest.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-27-2008, 11:12 PM Reply   
Can someone provide hard evidence that shaving 1 pound off of a board/bindings actually makes a significant noticeable difference?

I'm riding older gear, and don't feel any major difference when riding friends' new stuff...
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-28-2008, 4:00 AM Reply   
FLY series $300 extra V2 series $230 extra. Loosing a couple of un needed pounds of body weight to have the result as the same overall weight as a FLY/V2 series board.... $FREE :-) Lighter boards would help with swing weight but apart from that i dont see much changing if you weigh 200+ even if your board is the lightest on the market you still gotta get those 200 pounds into the air :-) just my 2 cents :-)
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-28-2008, 6:55 AM Reply   
I've been riding the platinum CWB's for years and awhile back I decided to ride Dave William's 143 Lyman. It felt so heavy compared to my board I almost dropped it grabbing it out of the racks. Pretty substantial weight difference.... that is until I rode it and it didn't feel heavier at all. I will no longer use weight as a determining factor for buying a board.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-28-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
Not convinced that lightest is best. Hated some of the super light stuff that I have ridden, loved a few of the heavier boards (ex. '02 Belmont). It's not the weight that's important, it's the flex pattern.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-28-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
I have a limited edition PS3 with a grind base. It weighs a little more than the regular PS3 and it does feel heavy and I think it does make a difference in those weight ranges. I'm not sure if going lighter than a normal board would help. I'm curious though as I'm waiting for a FLY version of the Witness.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-28-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
It's not the weight of the FLY's V2's or Nova cores that makes the difference. It's the extra snap the the material has when it rebounds to it's original shape, and It's also stronger and doesn't break down as fast as a poured foam core. As for LF's Limited Bindings, they are supposed to weigh in at 1.9 lbs, and a pair of Ronix One's weighs right at 1.9 lbs. Dark core or FLY's will probably weigh in right about the same.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-28-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
no mention of the hyperlite sub 6? that with the murrays has got to be the lightest...
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-29-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
I have the 09 Ones and can vouch...they aren't as comfy as last year because of the weight reduction but they still feel very nice and are light as a feather. Heel and Toe lift are non-existent with the new one-piece design.

A+++
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-30-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
WakeViolater,

I was surprised the sub 6 was not mentioned yet either.
As much as i love slingshot, i know from other threads that the sub 6 is indeed lighter. So i too vote a sub 6 set-up... FOR THE SAKE OF #'s AND WEIGHT ALONE.

Even without having ridden a sub 6 i want to bet that the slingshots still "FEEL" the lightest of any board due to their thinness... and their darn-near-lightest-weights on the market ;)