Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-02-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
Seems like when this set-up came out everyone was focused on other things and I don't remember reading any detailed reviews.

I've been riding a Premier/3DS set-up for 2 years now and I'm looking to get into a little lighter, faster board and a little more flexible binding.

Any comments on the Ibex/Relik or any other suggestions on a board binding combo are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Luker, my son rides that combo and loves it. He came from the Natural which he loved. The Natural is a great board and pretty fast. After he got used to the Ibex he just liked it more. I asked him to describe the difference between the Ibex and Natural and he said the Ibex is just a little better at everything. It has incredible pop. I know for a fact that the Ibex/Relik setup is lighter than most from moving all the boards around in the boat and racks etc. I think a lot of that has to do with the bindings. The bindings are a little lower cut than most and do provide a lot of mobility with little or no heal lift.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-03-2008, 1:05 AM Reply   
I have been riding the Ibex since March and have really grown to love that board. I have ridden the 06 Hyperlite Murray, 05 Byerly and wanted something lighter. The board has really good speed, great pop and I love the edge of the board. The pop took me some time to get used to (more abrupt) and as soon as I did I have been taking it big. I definitely recommend the board.
Old     (bogiedog1)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-03-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
I love the Ibex. Been riding it for about two months. I use One bindings with it. Was riding a Frontier.

The Ibex has a fast super-smooth pop off the wake, it almost feels like you are popping straight up. Landings are cushy too.

I think the Frontier was faster (but not a lot) and easier to break loose for butter-slides.

The Ibex is fast enough, solid in the turns - I don't feel like I am going to break loose - and as an added bonus it tracks really well in rough water. But the best thing is the way it launches off the wake.

My buddy rode it last weekend, when he came out of the water he said "I hate you. Now I have to go and buy one of these boards."
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-03-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
I just had the same experience after riding the Ibex. Had to buy one the next day. Our boat dealer had a demo day with Emily Copeland Durham and Ronix boards and bindings. I rode the Ibex/Relik combo and loved the speed, pop and tracking of the board much better than my ONE. I felt like I could edge harder and pop higher than any other board I have tried ("06 Parks, HL State, Drive, ONE, Covin, Belmont, Motive, Covenant). I didn't like the Relik bindings as much as my ONE's as they were cut a little lower and I prefer taller bindings. Foot cushioning and all around comfort were amazing compared to my '06 ONE's.

Board was definitely a lot lighter than any of the other Ronix boards they had there like the ONE, Covin, and Mana.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-03-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Luker, I look for the same thing bindings wise, I like my bindings loose side to side, I don't know if they are the very best for this, but so far, my '06 murrays have been my favorite, I don't think I'll upgrade unless they tear or my foot gets bigger. I ride a covin which is also a pretty fast board. Now that I think about it, all the boards in the ronix line seem pretty fast, even the one.