Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-29-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
today I tried and landed my first backroll. I know for most of you, are probably throwing them just to warm up, but I thought I would share anyways. It took me 6 tries before I landed it. what was the first thing that came to your mind when you first landed your first invert?
Old    kidrik            05-29-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Congrats man!!!!!!!!! I'm going to go drink in your honor!

You may not sleep tonight!

Enjoy the stoke
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-29-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
Nice work!! 6 tries and then landing one is solid.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       05-29-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
i want that!!!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-29-2008, 11:07 PM Reply   
6 tries? nice work!
Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-30-2008, 12:43 AM Reply   
I landed one after 10 tries...I was so freaking stoked. Just made me 10 times more addicted to wakeboarding. It seems like every time I land a new trick, I want to go out even more.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-30-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
It took me forever to land a back roll. I lost count of how many times I tried it. The first time I landed one we got up about 6 in the morning to get some butter and I stomped it on the first run. To me it felt even better than hitting a grand slam in baseball. The tantrum was much easier for me for some reason. It only took me 6 tries to get it down.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
There is nothing like landing your first invert on a wakeboard. I spent a couple of *years* behind a bass boat back in the day trying a backroll. I could show you the exact spot on the river where I landed it. The longer it takes you to stick the first one the sweeter it is when you succeed I think.

Congrats man! Your first invert is a big accomplishment..
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-30-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
Travis I totally agree with that. It makes you so much more addicted to wakeboarding.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-02-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
Backrolls are driving me insane. I've got the rotation and the technique down, but for some reason, I pop the handle just before I finish the rotation every time I try it, and then lose it. If I could hold onto the handle, I'd have landed it by now, but I just keep messing it up. Agh. I'm hoping to land it this weekend when I head out riding behind a boat again.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
way cool. congrats whats next?
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-02-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
Wow 6 took me about a 100 or more attempts last summer to get it down. Try a toeside invert now like a scarecrow thats what im working on now that my backrolls are down.

And nick thats the same exact problem i had, its because your not using a progressive enough edge. It doesnt seem like it would be related but if you really concentrate on building your edge so its strongest as you pop and then you do the trick you will easily have it so long as you also concentrate on keeping 2 hands on the handle a little longer than you usually do as well. If you goto one hand early you will end up completely letting go most likely.
Old    murrayair            06-02-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
Same here. It took me doing it over and over again over the course of like 4 days to land it. Good job!