Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2008, 6:59 AM Reply   
I am bored at work and was playing around on overstock.com and found this page:

Upload
http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Wake-Boarding/565217/product.html?searchtype=HP_Header&keywords=wakeboa rd%20magazine

The description reads "WAKE BOARDING is the word in knee boarding and ski boarding. Instruction tips from the best skiers in the world, amazing photography, ski boat and equipment reviews, sports profiles and more."

Gotta love peoples descriptions! Ever gone to the doctor and explain how you got hurt? I just say water skiing to keep it short and sweet!
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-02-2008, 7:06 AM Reply   
Semi-hijack, but you asked.

I was at the doc for a foot injury last week and I mentioned wakeboarding. He knew about it, suggesting some foot stretches and how to use the tower as a support while stretching (he also said to stick with Reef sandals and that he would wear them daily if he could) . My Doc's office has 2 younger PA's that I prefer over the older MDs and request for this reason...fresh and current on their education and up to speed with modern sports.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-02-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding??? You know skiing? Yeah. You know snowboarding? Yeah. Well wakeboarding is like snowboarding on water. Behind a boat. Ohhhh...
Went to Speedo in the UK once for sponsorship. The sponsorship lady thought Liquid Force was some kind of energy drink. Lol
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
Hah, my description exactly! "wakeboarding is like snowboarding on water... Behind a boat."
Old     (rob_kc)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-02-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
True! That is the only way to describe it to people who do not have a clue what wakeboarding is. Now try to describe the cable to someone. impossible!
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-02-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Ok maybe I'm missing the point but is it not equally funny that Overstock has a five year old buyers guide for sale? These must be flying off the shelves.
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-02-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
SOOOOOO TRUE!!!!