Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-14-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
Anyone ridden this board? Interesting shape, no? Looks like it has a subtle cut concave on each end, whats that for?

All I hear and read is "new shape", "designed by industry heavyweights", etc. True enough. But, very unhelpful.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-14-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
check the three different murray board tracking threads. i think there are a few reviews in the review section too

basically though:
the board is designed with the help of greg nelson (spelling?) and the rocker is a "hybrid" that has the features of both 3 stage and continuous. h

hope this helps
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-14-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
It rides great, It does have the concave on each end . It's like a cross between the old Premier & has a rocker like my Byerly 137. When I had the board in my hands I compared all 3 .
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-14-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
It's an AWESOME BOARD...that rides like no other. Got give it a whirl. I love my Murray 140. Plus the boots are killer too.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-14-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
heres the deal...

the board has a continuous rocker line on the edges, giving it a ton of speed while cutting and on edge. in the middle of the board it has a 3 stage rocker because they cut a pocket out in the tip and tail area. this gives it an explosive pop off the wake.

the tip and tail have cupped edges outside of the molded in fins that also help to set your edge harder and hold while its on edge, yet when riding flat is a bit looser.

i really liked the board when i rode it. i rode the 145 and it felt great. edged really hard and tracked super good on landings yet still popped huge
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-15-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
I have an 08 140 for sale New in Box if you decide to get one, i'll gove you the best deal you're gonna get.
Old    sdahockey21            04-15-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
Jason just about said it, I rode the 135 this past weekend and loved it. The board I have been waiting for!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-15-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   

quote:

By scott firman (mucktoerider) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 5:10 pm:

It's an AWESOME BOARD...that rides like no other.

i'm willing to bet that an older board rides like it.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
double up delta possibly joe?
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2008, 3:45 AM Reply   
Joe....you toad!!! Ride it first before making that call. I have been on the majority of Double up boards from the past. Still can find them in my friends boats. This does not ride like those. Murray is much lighter. edges much faster...real clean running up the wake...pops awesome and lands smooth and soft. The phrase "I am willing to bet" means you have not rode the board yet. I know your mindset....Greg Nelson designed it...must ride like his old boards. No...theres more to it than that. Materials have changed and the design is definitely different on the bottom. Sure it has the canted footbed....that just allows a more unique bottom design as well. The new Marek looks like it is getting canted too. And probably for the same reason..to play around and design new bottom shapes. Murray is definitely unique and has never been done before.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-16-2008, 3:49 AM Reply   
chill man. i was playin.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
Joe...so was I Just gave another chance to inform about the ride. Lots of people on here have the impression that it is old double up design. Yhea its got some ques from the old double up boards. But it rides Totally Nice! Super light. I put it up onthe scales and compared it to my Ronix Frontier 137 and my wifes New 08 Syn board...it's about a pound lighter boots and all.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
BTW...my Murray is the 140 with the new Murray boots
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-16-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
Here's my two cents.
I drew plans for the board, gave it to Hyperlite, plans sat around, I waited. Greg called me, sent me plans, nearly identical from tip to tail, canted foot bed was all him, but I really like it. The cup tail was mutual. My theory for the cupped tail is keeping the water under the board to create power as you leave the water either off the wake or a straight ollie.
think of it this way. this is gonna sound weird. if you cut a piece of pvc in half, length wise, so you now have a long pipe that is no longer round, but rather, in a "c" shape. hang over the side of the boat while up to speed, take said piece of pvc and kind of push it into the water so that it is cupped side down. now flip it over and push it down with the rounded side down. which would have more push back, and directional control? the rounded side would push water away and not have directional control.
The cups keep the water and the power of it under you rather than pushing it away.
some boards these days have tails that are v'd in the opposite direction. i am not saying they don't work, it just seems that the cupped tip and tail have more power.
I have officially confused you all.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-16-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
plus (the cupped tail) when edging it should cause more water to push on the molded fin with more force equaling more hold, so only needing a smaller fin to have a same hold of a bigger fin on a board with a V towards the tip/tail?

This is just a theory. I've never ridden the board. But I do like the design, it makes alot of sense in my eyes.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-17-2008, 3:40 AM Reply   
Well put Shaun! I think that says it all. It definitely has more power under the board. I have a hard time putting into words what the new shape is like. But your description says it the best. BTW...how did you split PVC length ways? Was Travis bored driving the boat thru this little experiment? Are you still playing with toy boats and little widgets in your sinks (like my 4 and 2 year olds)? Just kidding...Thanks for the descriptive explanation. I'll remember to use it...next time I am asked.
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-17-2008, 6:30 AM Reply   
All I know is ever since I rode my first Murray board I was offically in Love. I had to buy the board, and since that day my riding ability has improved so much. The board makes things seem to effortless in a way. I have rode many boards, but none top the Murray.