Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-12-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
Its about 3 months away now. its just about time to start booking the plain tickets and hotel reservations. whos all planning on going. also whos all signed up for the free trip for 2 that tige is giving away for the US Open. its a pretty sweet deal.
Old     (ezekiel700)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-13-2008, 4:19 AM Reply   
I dont think all the biggest names are even going? As far as I know it is only the Tige team riders. Boardup this weekend in Miami has bigger names I bet. Rusty, Watson, Soven, Jd, Errington, Sharpe, Adkinson, Hanson. Save the trip and go to south florida.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-13-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
M's I disagree, I would think most of the pro riders will be at the Tige it is part of the King of Wake series and the guys will be looking for points, it is also the week before PWT stop # 4, somewhere one the west coast and the riders like the Portland venue. Should be a great event.

Ryan, are you flying up? I think it only took Ben Carrol 12 or 13 hours to Drive up last year. On second thought with gas prices what they are it might be cheaper to fly
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-13-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
Randy- we were thinking about flying but now i think me, tony, and our friend chris are going to drive up. I think we're going to stop either at the delta or at shasta and ride with some people that tony knows. the only bad thing about driving is we're going to be taking my F-250 so we probably paying nothing less than 4.20 for desiel. and with driving we'll have a way to get around once we're there. i hate that car rental places wont let even kids that are 20 rent a car.
Old     (squanta)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-13-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
Yeah, Randy is right. Most of the pro riders will be going to get points for the overall total.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-13-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
o and M i'm almost 100% sure that almost all the big name pros will be there. just look at who was there last when it was in Cancun.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
hah, wearin my tige' pro-am shirt right now!
If I could go I would, so I filled out the flyaway app.
Old     (stresn)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-15-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
Hey Randy - Grady here....guys I've gotta tell you I'm at a meeting this week in Texas at Tige....and the contest will be INCREDIBLE! Gotta tell you we're (I'm) so excited to have this event in Portland and from what we've been planning....TRUST ME!!!!! We'll do it like no one else!!! As I get more details I'll try to put them out.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-15-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
What up Grady, send me a PM and let's talk about media day.