Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (wakefoshizzle)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-14-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
What does everybody think about Slingshots new boards. I'm thinking about buying one but i want to know what everybody things about them first.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-14-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
There are a lot of posts about this exact subject. Use the search function at the top right and I promise you will find out more than you ever wanted to know.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-14-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
I have heard REALLY good things about slingshot, never actually rode one yet though. I heard the boots are okay, but the board is said to be outstanding. A buddy of mine just picked them up at his shop, as soon as this gal darn weather starts to warm up i can take a run!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-14-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
I have heard a lot of positive and negative, demo one and see what you think, they are not great for everyone, is what I am hearing, its all personal preference.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-14-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
I got one about a month ago and I LOVE it!! Effortless pop and of course super soft landings. It is faster than I expected too, I'm finding myself having to take it easy on my edge in if I don't want to get way out into the flats. I put the .75 fins on my Recoil and love it. I think it's an all around fun board, I let one of my buddies ride it and he thought it was definitely different, but either way a lot of fun to mess around on.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-14-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
I wouldn't say they are for everyone, but I like mine. I cannot stand the boots (far too much effort involved), but the board is solid. I use it pretty much exclusively at cable parks, it's fun to slide, really easy to spin due to how light it is, and it's great for air tricks (edging takes a little getting used to though). I'd say landings are generally pretty soft as well.
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-14-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
I love both the boards and the boots. The boots once heat molded are extremely comfortable and the board pops very well in my opinion. The landings are excellent even out into the flats. Great stuff in my opinion.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
I hear you can get 14 feet of air on one.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
I love mine, of all the boards i've ever been on its my favorite, by far.

pop is awesome, flex is soooo fun...just riding the board around is more fun than doing new tricks on other boards...

they are not for everyone though... i loved my Roam while it lasted...so i imagined it would work for me....

try to get 08 boots, the 07 need a little work
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-14-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
i heard it was 15 tim...rumors..psh.
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-14-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
I have the 08 setup and i liked it when i rode it but the problem I had was every time i landed tail heavy the board would flex way to much and i would slide out. I am going to give it another try as soon as I am done with this first of the season injury..
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-14-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
Slingshot has made me and others fall in love with flex. I will never own a "traditional" (ridged) board ever again (sure i will at least test others). Koosh, is probably the first and most important thing i look for in my gear. The flex in the slingshot boards deffinately makes for the softest landings i have ever experienced. Move aside center spines, flex is here! Equally important as Koosh, i expect good pop from the boards i ride, but doesn't everyone? Slingshot boards have a great "rebounding" characteristic to them. When you edge right you can load the board, much like "loading the line" which creates more lift. I have a more detailed review in the review section, also for the boots ('07) too.
http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard8.asp?ProductID=3885
http://www.wakeworld.com/boots/getboot8.asp?ProductID=3889

I like the slingshot boots too. I like the unique quick angle adjustment lever, the 4 bolt pattern, and other things. They do take a little effort to get into, but after a few sets you will get used to them and will be able to get them laced as fast as other lace-up boots. Let me point out that the boots are super easy to get on and off, just you have to make sure the laces are loosened all the way, thats where the time comes in that people comment about. So if speed is you main issue I would get the LF vantages or maybe a CWB hinge boot. The '08 boots definitely got a "sole lift" in comparison to the '07 boots. The laces are less cumbersome, the boots lighter, addition of a poron foot bed, to name the major changes. The '08 foot bed is still not what i would call "the most kooshiest on the market," but i wanted to take advantage of preserving as much potential flex as possible. The flex of the board still creates unbelievably soft landings even when wearing the '07 boots. slingshot boots create about 2" each of ridged length, traditional boots create about 6" each.

Demo if you can. demo both the response and recoil and different sizes (if you are one who has a weight/height that fits close to two sizes of board) give the board at least 2-3 sets before making a final judgement.

Flex Forever!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-14-2008, 11:14 PM Reply   
Lewis,
The Slingshot Boards are amazing. I have been riding them going on my second spring, and have not once even ridden a traditional board since. My advice to you would be to just demo it, and ride it a couple times. It took me about 3-4 sets to get used to, other buddies jumped on it and rode well right away.
If your looking for a new board to get on, definately give it a shot. Not only are the products great, but their customer service is great. Good boards, good company, good times!