Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-14-2017, 1:33 PM Reply   
I hope to get some data points on how people weight their A22 for wakeboarding...(Please consider starting another thread for wakesurfing, if you want one).

I have one friend that has a pretty good wake but lot's of bow rise, so then I have to roll up a life jacket and sit on it and then the mirror is in the way. So pretty bad. And you can't stand up cause the Z5 bimini is so low.

I have another friend that puts a bag in the middle of the boat.

Others? Obviously preference is less bow rise and not having bags all over the floor of an A22.

Thanks
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-14-2017, 2:11 PM Reply   
What year A22 and how much weight are you running in the rear plug&play bags? Wedge?
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-14-2017, 3:39 PM Reply   
friend says he is running: A22 2014 full front and full belly, and full rear(s), with hardly anything in the overflow rear sacks, and no wedge...lot's of bow rise...
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-14-2017, 4:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
friend says he is running: A22 2014 full front and full belly, and full rear(s), with hardly anything in the overflow rear sacks, and no wedge...lot's of bow rise...
Very odd! He's running stock 900 and the arrow bag full which means he's definitely bow heavy and no wedge....doesn't make sense to me. What speed do you guys ride at?

Last edited by stevev210; 07-14-2017 at 4:52 PM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-14-2017, 4:58 PM Reply   
Thing has to have like 1100s in the rear. That's more than adequate weight to run level.

It's not even a newer A with reduce front weight
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-14-2017, 5:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Thing has to have like 1100s in the rear. That's more than adequate weight to run level.

It's not even a newer A with reduce front weight
If he was running the rears full that would make sense for bow rise but if he just running the rear tanks with minimal weight in the sacs it doesn't make sense he's having that much bow rise. The belly tank is 450lbs and that bow arrow bag fills to 700+. So if he's running around 1200lbs up front and 450lbs between the 2 rear hard tanks plus a little in the bags doesn't equate to bow rise. I run 1100lbs between the belly tank, plug&play bow bag and lead for bow weight and rear tanks plus sumo 475's for around 1400lbs in the rear with minimal bow rise on my 2016 A20. I can sit normal when driving with no bolster seat and see everything fine. Wish I could give some advise but his weight setup just doesn't sound like he should have so much. What speed do you guys ride at? I'm between 22-23 when pulling my crew.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-14-2017, 7:27 PM Reply   
It is minimal in the piggy back sacks. The stock rears are full.

We ride about 21 mph and the wake is clean.

I love the clean wake on this boat.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-15-2017, 5:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevev210 View Post
If he was running the rears full that would make sense for bow rise but if he just running the rear tanks with minimal weight in the sacs it doesn't make sense he's having that much bow rise. The belly tank is 450lbs and that bow arrow bag fills to 700+. So if he's running around 1200lbs up front and 450lbs between the 2 rear hard tanks plus a little in the bags doesn't equate to bow rise. I run 1100lbs between the belly tank, plug&play bow bag and lead for bow weight and rear tanks plus sumo 475's for around 1400lbs in the rear with minimal bow rise on my 2016 A20. I can sit normal when driving with no bolster seat and see everything fine. Wish I could give some advise but his weight setup just doesn't sound like he should have so much. What speed do you guys ride at? I'm between 22-23 when pulling my crew.
This is about what I run in our T, all axis boats have pretty similar hulls. Bow comes up high as the wedge kicks in but that lasts all of 5 seconds. And we are both running about 2/300 less of bow weight. I run at 21.6-22.6...
And the newer boats are more prone to bow rise than the older ones

Scott- what sac does your boy run up front? The mushroom? Engine? Prop?
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-15-2017, 6:33 AM Reply   
It is stock bow and belly sacks. It is the 450 engine. Prop, I don't know.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-15-2017, 3:38 PM Reply   
Trevor Duncan knows, maybe he can chime in