Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       05-15-2017, 12:32 PM Reply   
Does anyone in east TN area have a chaos ringer xl or xxl board? I am looking to demo one for me and a friend. We would like to demo before buying. I know doomswell is selling now here but not sure.

I am more interested for a friend. If it works well maybe break down and buy one for me as well.

thanks!
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-16-2017, 7:22 AM Reply   
Nathan, I sent a Ringer XXL out to Georgia for Southern Surfest.

It is still in Georgia. Hit up my friend Robert. Robertlee@me dot com

Maybe you all can meet up sometime and ride.
Nick
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       05-17-2017, 7:40 AM Reply   
thanks just sent him an email .
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       05-19-2017, 7:15 AM Reply   
Nick thanks a lot for putting me in touch with Robert, we talked for a long time and going to try and meet up next week. he also got me wanting to see if we can set up a surfest here in east tn or demo days since we have a lot of head quarters for the boat manufacturers here. I am so bummed I missed surfest. Who knows, east tn we should have our own surfest with Malibu, Moomba, mastercraft, supra, sea ray, axis all here.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       06-07-2017, 11:31 AM Reply   
Just thought id post this in here, but if anyone is considering on getting big boy board, ringer xxl did amazing with such a bad wave, cant wait to try it on a great wake.
Attached Images

Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-11-2017, 5:15 AM Reply   
Hey nick did u sell me an xl or an xxl? U remember? Or is there a way to tell?

Love the board ! , I m ridding w all the fins in but was wondering how u guys have it set up? Thinking of removing the front large ones today
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-11-2017, 5:16 AM Reply   
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-11-2017, 5:16 AM Reply   
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-11-2017, 5:17 AM Reply   
And I guess this is as good a time as any to ask what kind of board would u recommend for a 4 and 6 yr old?
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       06-12-2017, 5:33 AM Reply   
what boat is that, its a great wake!
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-12-2017, 6:32 AM Reply   
Thanks

2016 axis t22
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-12-2017, 6:34 AM Reply   
I think I had full ballast and 6 people in the boat (most everyone sitting toward the front)

(I have never really surfed behind anything else so I have nothing to compare , but I love it)
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-12-2017, 7:00 AM Reply   
are you ridding yours with all the fins in?
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-12-2017, 7:47 AM Reply   
Murph, yes pretty easy to tell. The XL is 5'0, and in the past the bamboo series had a c5 style fin set up. Thruster + Canard fins.
The XXL, is 5'4" has a thruster set up. Two lead fins and a center fin.

As I remember you picked up a blue ringer XL that was damaged in shipping, a small puncture ding on the deck.

Fins:

Thruster, two large leads and center will be most stable.
C5, thruster plus canards (smallest upper rail fins) will be a little faster than the thruster alone.
Twinzer, two lead fins plus the canards will be fast and loose.
Twin, two lead fins will be fast and loose.

You can also play around with different fins, different sizes, etc.

Nick
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       06-12-2017, 7:57 AM Reply   
Hey I am not. I ride just two fins. My problem is the boat is not set up right. its my buddies 05 supra 24 launch with only 750 lb sacks, they don't listen to me about really weighing it down, They refuse to put weight in the bow on cushions too. So its a very steep wake but like 2 ft length. So I am jealous on your wake. I LOVE MY BOARD and everyone does as well. Don't let any skinny people ride it, I let someone demo mine because they want to order a smaller one but just wanted to fill the difference between mine and the hyperlite, but of course it was so fast they basically slammed into the boat and cracked the nose.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-12-2017, 8:01 AM Reply   
Yep

I learned that this weekend lol

My wife tried to ride it solo(she rode with my daughter between her legs last weekend

she tried twice and both times avoided the back of the boat in her crash
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-12-2017, 8:02 AM Reply   
I need an all around board for guests to ride ?
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       06-12-2017, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuurph84 View Post
I need an all around board for guests to ride ?
I am actually going to get another board through chaos. I don't plan to ever get a board from somewhere else now. My goal is to lose some weight ansd this winter get one made to my design bright pink! that way im loud and proud, but I think im going to pick up a Pro for the smaller people on the boat.

I will never go phase 5 or hyperlite again
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-02-2017, 2:25 PM Reply   
Nathan, get a suck gate for your buddy's 24' launch. We have the 1000 bags in the rear lockets of our launch and kept the standard bag in front. We fill the front about 85%, surf side 100%, and opposite side
about 75%. With a suck gate on the boat the wake is fantastic. lots of push, no wash, and loooong. I can surf 20' back.

Thanks for the update. I'm in the market for a new surf style board. I will consider Chaos since I've heard lots of good things about them.

Last edited by tre; 08-02-2017 at 2:28 PM.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-02-2017, 7:29 PM Reply   
Nick sent me a Bamboo Ringer XL a couple of weeks ago and I'm very impressed.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-03-2017, 6:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre View Post
Nathan, get a suck gate for your buddy's 24' launch. We have the 1000 bags in the rear lockets of our launch and kept the standard bag in front. We fill the front about 85%, surf side 100%, and opposite side
about 75%. With a suck gate on the boat the wake is fantastic. lots of push, no wash, and loooong. I can surf 20' back.

Thanks for the update. I'm in the market for a new surf style board. I will consider Chaos since I've heard lots of good things about them.
Trey, I cant speak highly enough about chaos. Its been great! My boat is vlx older and I love it, but its not a new one that's for sure. As far as the launch goes, I got them to buy a 1100 lb fat sac, we put it in the floor, he doesn't want to replace the back two because then he has no storage for his life jackets. They also have so many life jackets, towels etc. I think he is also going to listen and get a new prop. I do love the way his boat works for wave with our home made suck gate. I am going to be able to ride some other boards next weekend at Norris surf fest. Still chaos in my opinion is the best but I am excited to see what the other boards feel like. I plan over winter to get a customer team pro, i plan to keep losing weight so i figured i will set a goal to hit weight loss then reward myself with the new board. !!!! motivation is key!
Old     (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-13-2017, 6:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Murph, yes pretty easy to tell. The XL is 5'0, and in the past the bamboo series had a c5 style fin set up. Thruster + Canard fins.
The XXL, is 5'4" has a thruster set up. Two lead fins and a center fin.

As I remember you picked up a blue ringer XL that was damaged in shipping, a small puncture ding on the deck.

Fins:

Thruster, two large leads and center will be most stable.
C5, thruster plus canards (smallest upper rail fins) will be a little faster than the thruster alone.
Twinzer, two lead fins plus the canards will be fast and loose.
Twin, two lead fins will be fast and loose.

You can also play around with different fins, different sizes, etc.

Nick

Nick. Just got my Lone Star edition XL. Looks great!

I'm confused by the C5 fin set up though. I was expecting the canard fins to be in the front most position. Then a thruster setup behind those.

But my larger fins do not fit into the place where I would expect them. I would have to place my larger fins up front, then the canards behind those, then the center fin. Is that the way it is designed? Seems backwards.

I was packaged a set of really nice pair of glass/honeycomb fins, a pair of nice glass/honeycomb canards, then one plastic fin of similar dimensions two the larger fins. I assume the plastic fin goes into the center rearmost position. The others the sides, correct?

Thanks for the help and the great board!
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-14-2017, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprafly08 View Post
Nick. Just got my Lone Star edition XL. Looks great!

I'm confused by the C5 fin set up though. I was expecting the canard fins to be in the front most position. Then a thruster setup behind those.

But my larger fins do not fit into the place where I would expect them. I would have to place my larger fins up front, then the canards behind those, then the center fin. Is that the way it is designed? Seems backwards.

I was packaged a set of really nice pair of glass/honeycomb fins, a pair of nice glass/honeycomb canards, then one plastic fin of similar dimensions two the larger fins. I assume the plastic fin goes into the center rearmost position. The others the sides, correct?

Thanks for the help and the great board!
Aaron,

you will love the board. I love my chaos. I got to surf it behind two incredible boats this weekend and had the best time ever. It also was used by several beginners this weekend and they were able to go rope less without a problem. You will enjoy that board!