Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-16-2013, 5:17 PM Reply   
Just picked up a 2013 Slingshot Response and I'm stoked! But I am now in a bit of a dilemma.. As a primarily boat rider coming off of a 2011 Marek, I couldn't be happier with the Response's capabilities behind the boat. The problem is that I also ride cable about once or twice a month. So, here is my question: Is the Response durable enough to last me a couple of seasons if i decide to use it at the park as well? I realize that Slingshots have a reputation for being durable, but i would appreciate some of you who have ridden yours on boat and cable sharing your experiences. Thanks!
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-16-2013, 9:46 PM Reply   
If you're riding the park hard don't expect a bunch of seasons. SS is by far the most durable brand I've found but I go through at least a board a season......the base wears out.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-17-2013, 7:45 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input Stuart, that's what i thought might be the case unfortunately. I suppose i'll be taking the fins off the Marek and riding it on the cable. I might be one of the only people on this site riding a flex board on the boat and a traditional board on the cable!
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-17-2013, 12:02 PM Reply   
Ttime41! Dude take that baby to the cable and shred your heart out! You will have so much fun on the response at the cable. You can easily get away with riding cable and boat. The slingshot team rides their boards behind the boat and on rails for months straight. I doubt you will be able to spend the same amount of time on the water as them.

Slingshot boards are built to last. Don't worry! Get out there and shred.
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-17-2013, 1:22 PM Reply   
Agreed. It's a better park board than a boat board. Boards are meant to be used. Just enjoy it on both.